• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

The best software allows the user to choose how they wish to utilize the features. I think the complaint is definitely having lost many of the features that made DGCR the go-to. I put every round I've played in the scoring app, so I need that. I utilized the sort-by features to seek out new courses to bag, and definitely had different priorities than many. When Tim ran the site, I paid every year for the use of the trip planner and the hide played courses feature. And I pursued all the achievement badges. I only then cared about forum use. Other folks definitely have different interests. Why can't we have a dream package here, especially if we're willing to pay for the privilege...

Last edited:
In the case of the two sorts you're asking about, why do you think they are "essential"?
OK, I agree that those 2 items are definitely not essential so I went back and changed my wording to "very useful" (to users like me). At the very least they are "useful".

Overall, though, I am growing ever more frustrated that some truly Essential items are not being addressed at all despite repeated pleas from multiple sources and long-time core users!!

Where is the link to become a subscriber/member?

Starting from home page how to get to the page that tells the benefits of membership and then a link to how to join? I can't find this on the desktop version.

If you want to make more money from DGCR this should be readily accessible not impossible to find even when you're searching for it.

Last edited:
Post deleted...

Otto Bufunto was here.

...carry on

Last edited:
I believe it becomes available once your membership runs out.

Greens, does Dev still work for DGCR? I don't see him/her listed as staff anymore.

View attachment 330941
Yes, they are still around. They just don't handle day to day, so to prevent people from messaging them they are not listed as staff.

Please bring back the basic membership list that had columns that you could sort on. Here are 2 useful columns to bring back:

1) DGCR member number
2) Date joined DGCR

Obviously these 2 fields are related.

I want to go back to the good ole days where you could see both the first 100 members or the number of the latest member.

Please improve DGCR and at the very least make it as functional as it once was.

DGCR's not dead yet!
XenForo removed these sortable features, as it's highly taxing on a database. If you want the numbers to appear in the side next to the Joined: date on every post, I might be able to do that, but unsure the duplication.

Personally, I find the lack of essential items being fixed and the scarcity of replies from Greens to be highly disturbing.
I'm disturbed no doubts there, but these asks are getting lost because they are buried.

I can't see how removing functionality is improving a product. The newer version should have more not less. Not to mention that many of the new prominent lists are pretty worthless to me and just clutter.
I agree most are clutter, again it's built into the software that way. We have 24 hours in a day, and so much we can work on.

I don't know how to ask this, so I will have to be blunt... do you even uses DGCR?
Both the browser version and the phone app are missing so many essential non-negotiables that it seems like you and the staff don't even use it. I hope this is wrong, but please fix the areas that are broken and that continue to hasten the death of our beloved DGCR!!
Start a new thread, or send me a PM with YOUR top 10 list. I'll see if I can make 2-3 or of them a top priority within the next 2 week sprint.

Previously, we made a few HUGE jumps in development.
  • Return of the Trip Planner
  • Filter based on courses you've played
  • Achievements (still a work in progress)
There is still so much more I want to do, but remember, I also have a full-time job on top of all this. I haven't had a chance to go to a course ALL YEAR!
Here is an accurate glimpse of my last time on a course.
Sport Snow GIF by Disc Golf Brah

Here is an accurate glimpse of my last time on a course.
Sport Snow GIF by Disc Golf Brah
That looks like so many of my shots!

Thank You so much for this long and detailed reply!

I didn't know that you also work another full time job. Wow! I'm impressed that you are able to get so much done here and I speak for many when we say how glad we are that you are keeping our beloved DGCR going. (Even if too many of us do spend too much time on here.)

XenForo removed these sortable features, as it's highly taxing on a database. If you want the numbers to appear in the side next to the Joined: date on every post, I might be able to do that, but unsure the duplication.

First off, let me say I appreciate most of the changes that have been made here, as well as the efforts made by staff to repair issues brought to us by the law of unintended consequences.

That said, the biggest thing I'm missing (not that big, actually) is a way to search the entire membership roster.

Not like this:
1705804566129.png

What I'd like to do is search all members. My preferred search was by location, but there were a multitude of other options in 1.0. I'd like to sort those members by courses played, reviews written, or a number of other relevant stats.

I'd pull a screenshot of that, but apparently the Wayback Machine never cached pages (whether their decision or DGCR's).

If this is not feasible with the new forum software, or otherwise (near) impossible to do, I'll shut up about it and happily keep using the site, albeit without the ability to compare my bagging status to other state residents.

I'd be cool if this came back too. But it's not at the top of my wishlist or anything either. It is kinda cool to look at from time to time though.

@greens, I really appreciate all the work you're doing, even with all my bitching and whining.

wolf v

Kicking And Screaming Tantrum GIF