• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated DGCR App

greens

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all -

I'm excited to announce that the updated DGCR app will be released in just a few weeks.

The updated app will launch for both Android and iOS.

A few of the features will be:
  • Push notifications (PMs, reactions, new posts, etc)
  • Access reviews
  • Record keeping
  • Interactive Map to find courses
  • Access to the community
  • Profile Dashboard
  • and more...
This is a complete rewrite of the original app, and I anticipate this continuing to get better with your feedback.
We had feedback from some of the earlier testers and used that to rewrite it a second time to incorporate core features.

I'm letting you know now that when it goes live, if you do not want to update, don't; it's a magic trick to get it to revert backward for some phones.

Here are a few screenshots of the app so far, things may still be changed and reworked.
IMG_7B0ABCC014D0-1.jpeg

IMG_95FF10FFCC33-1.jpeg
IMG_EBBB82E9EF2C-1.jpeg

I'm really glad to hear that the app is being updated!!

To be honest, the current version that I have [1.34(1)] has SO many problems that it is really annoying and frustrating. The only way to use many key features is to use the extra step of "View on the Web". I don't think that new users will put up with these hassles. DGCR is currently in the position of having to convince Udisc users to try it, so the app has to be outstanding to gain new users. Sadly, the current status of the app has been hastening the decline of DGCR, so I am hopeful that the newest version will be a vast improvement in functionality.

I'm DGCR #74, and I've loved DGCR since 2007, so I've been grieving to see it declining in popularity and users, so the hope of improvement is the only reason why I was so blunt in frustration and dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
Will the new app allow you to filter the map by "Played" courses?

(NOTE: I edited this post to correct it from the word "Unplayed" which you can already do with an annual membership.)

Last edited:
Will the new app allow you to add a course to your Wishlist right there at the course page?

Will the new app allow you read reviews of the course you're looking at right there, instead of having to switch to "View on the Web"?

Will the new app version allow you to filter your map by "Wishlist"?

Will the new app allow you to add a course to your Wishlist right there on the course page?
Yes - the icon is shown in the screenshot above.

Will the new app allow you read reviews of the course you're looking at right there, instead of having to switch to "View on the Web"?
Yes

IMG_0629.jpg
The other filters are being looked at being added, but might be limited during the first launch.

This is the MOST important to me. I paid for the yearly subscription based on this feature alone.

I'm excited about the new app! :)
Actually I meant to say filter by "Played" courses since we can already pay for a setting to see "Unplayed". Being able to see only the courses I've Played is another useful feature for Course Collectors and one feature where Udisc is better than DGCR. (And it pains me to say that here.)

Last edited:
Oops haha, I meant to add that if you need testers for the Android version just let me know! As long as there is a semi-functioning scorebook in the new app, I'm not afraid to take the plunge.

Looks pretty slick, Greens! I honestly haven't used the app in a long time but I'm looking forward to using it on an upcoming trip, very nice.

Didn't want to put this in the announcement thread. I like the forums and the old app took me straight to the forum page and I could easily filter by the new posts. The latest version of the app just has the forums but no way to filter it. Is there a plan to add that filtering in the future?

Didn't want to put this in the announcement thread. I like the forums and the old app took me straight to the forum page and I could easily filter by the new posts. The latest version of the app just has the forums but no way to filter it. Is there a plan to add that filtering in the future?
Forums part of the app is secondary on the list to expand.

Forums part of the app is secondary on the list to expand.
Fair enough, it does make sense to get the other stuff going first but you should add some way to jump to newest posts in the forum. I don't even get the pages broken up so that I can skip them that way, just one big long scroll, somewhat unusable. Even next first and last would help a ton. I'm on a Samsung xcover 10 Pro

I recognize I'm in the minority here in the UDisc era, but the app used to be a simple yet effective scorekeeper. Now I have to scroll for the course I'm at, use an interface that was clearly designed for data entry and not on-course scorekeeping, and, worst of all, my scorecard was trashed today without warning midway through my round. Over 10 years as a site member and nearly over 1200 rounds in the app and the new DGCR has once again taken what was not broken and rendered it unusable. Thumbs waaaaaayyyyy down.