• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Fanatic - The ultimate android app is here!

Check out a new app, Disc Golf Fanatic on Google Play Store today!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fivebytestudios.frolf.free

Have you ever found yourself wondering where the basket for a hole is? Or the tee for the next hole? Have you ever tried to remember what you scored the last time you played this course? Disc Golf Fanatic will help you with all of these things and much much more!

This app was written by disc golf lovers who couldn't find what they wanted in an existing Android app. Professionals, enthusiasts and casual disc golfers alike will find this app easy to use, and helpful for keeping statistics or just simply finding a place to play.

Please check it out and leave feedback on Google+ or Facebook!!

https://plus.google.com/u/2/communities/112913517512710832359
https://www.facebook.com/DiscGolfFanaticApp

Play Store Description:

Get ready to make the most of your disc golf game (AKA frolf or frisbee golf, depending on who you ask).
Use GPS to mark your throw, tee and basket locations while playing a game. View detailed hole maps for courses marked by fellow app users. Earn badges as you play, track your game history and measure your drive distance and number of putts. Find new courses and store your favorites.
Play 5 games for free on the trial version before upgrading to the full version. Your game history will carry over via the magic of the cloud.
FEATURES:
>>Leverage the power of the disc golf community and be a contributing member in marking individual tee and basket locations so you can see an accurate layout of each hole on a course.
>>Your game history includes your exact throw data for every hole in that game, showing your path from the tee to the basket and automatically keeping track of your drive distance and number of putts and any badges that you earned.
>>Don't worry about losing any of your game history. It's all stored on the cloud and accessible on any of your Android devices.
>>Earn badges for a hole in one, birdie, eagle and other achievements.

Wow, this actually looks like a slick app.

Limited to 5 plays on the free, upgrade is $0.99. Heading to my local course this afternoon to map it and give the app a try.

Alright, I'm back after playing a few rounds across 2 days, and I hope you are looking for feedback instead of just spamming a DG forum!

Pros
Really easy to map new courses from your phone
Easy to track each hit with gps getting drive distance, path, and totdal shots.
UI is intuitive and does not require a lot of steps to score a round

COns
No history/stats pages?
Difficult to correct previous course mappings
multiplayer

I think the pros are self explanatory, so I will expand on the cons.

* No stats - even the worse (disc) golf apps out there allow you to see best/worst round,course, holes. I could not find a way to do the same with Frolf Fanatic.
* Difficult to correct previous holes
I was marking a new course yesterday and my gps singla was off a bit a resulted in the basket being marked too close to the tee. To my surprise I found that once the hole is marked complete you can not re-map it, only change scores. I was back again today and noticed i can update the tee/basket location, but only while that current hole is unscored. If I can go back an edit scores, why not let me go back and fix the basket I mis-marked 12 seconds ago..
* not a multiplayer app
From what I saw this did not allow a group to score their round each individual would need to install and track with the app. That may be OK if there is a way to aggregate/share afterwards, or maybe only track my gps, but allow input of the other final scores

Final opinion

If a stats/history page shows up then this would easily be my go to app for scoring.

Hi there!

Thanks for the feedback! We are looking for community impressions and comments, and we have a Google+ Community for just that thing: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communi...9/stream/98c86bf8-6c32-4bb2-9599-017b675d0fda

Here are some thoughts about your comments:

History/Stats Pages: We are planning on adding a lot more features in this area to show aggregate stats. For now, we do have a My Games page which is accessible from the app home screen, or you can view games on a specific course by using the History tab when viewing a course. You can view more detailed information about these games by clicking on holes, including drive distance and a map showing your throws.

Correcting Previously Mapped Holes: We are glad that you found the update hole/basket menu options! The case you mentioned is something that we will definitely try to make easier in the near future. We did want you to know that as other people map the same course, the data will be improved, and your device will be updated with the more accurate information automatically! So don't worry if your GPS location isn't perfect. When the whole community contributes, everybody benefits!

Multiplayer Features: Thanks so much for this feedback, we will definitely consider adding this in a future update. In the meantime, you should let your friends know about the app, and they can give the trial a spin!

Thanks also for the positive feedback about the UI flow and GPS features. We hope that our app will enhance your Disc Golf experience, and we have worked hard to make this app as easy to use as possible. After all, we are Disc Golfers ourselves, so we want it to be perfect!

We'd definitely appreciate a review on Google Play Store also!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fivebytestudios.frolf.free

Thanks again!