• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Anode vs. Nova

Calling it now. Next year you will :) As it is you can see me run #7 and more with MVP on my youtube!

Every time I've watched the videos of the pros playing Winthrop, they seem to have the toughest time shooting that straight shot through the gap on #7, yet watching Mike throw it, he didn't seem to have any problems at all. Are the pros just not used to trying to throw dead straight drives, or am I just seeing too small of a sample size? When I was starting out, that was pretty much my ultimate goal to throw my drives dead straight. Tear it up out there, Mike!

Don't believe everything you read, the ones I've held, Sprintermatt's and the various ones they had at the USDGC, were a stiff blend of pro.

Fun fact...saw no MVP at the USDGC, anywhere.

Chalk up another win to the Nova. Columbia Crosstown Challenge I was banging putts outside the circle all weekend long. The guys on my card were either frustrated or amazed at some of the 35-45 foot putts I was making. Several that grabbed barely any chains but still dropped in the basket. I finally missed one on my second to last hole... I hit ONE chain, it dropped on the back of the rim and teetered out of the basket. No rollaways, longest was 12 feet down a steep embankment. I'm stocking up!

I was getting running 80 footers, 120 footers, because the touch on this disc is so pure. I have the rubbery one, not the firmer one that was probably in the USDGC players pack. Best "Go For It" disc... It has surpassed the birdie in this respect. I was also driving it in the wind on a 265 foot hole into a tricky wooded green with a backstop.

Since getting my Nova on September 9th... I've got 2 open wins and a Masters win in 3 tournaments.

I have 12 rated rounds, 9 are over 1000, a 999, a 993, and a not so good Sunday morning round due to an infected middle fingernail... I was just not able to grip a mid-range and throw a tunnel shot to save my life yesterday morning. It's probably a 960s round... :p

Every time I've watched the videos of the pros playing Winthrop, they seem to have the toughest time shooting that straight shot through the gap on #7, yet watching Mike throw it, he didn't seem to have any problems at all. Are the pros just not used to trying to throw dead straight drives, or am I just seeing too small of a sample size? When I was starting out, that was pretty much my ultimate goal to throw my drives dead straight. Tear it up out there, Mike!

It's amazing how bad shots never make the final cut... they always end up on the cutting room floor/desktop wastebasket. Not saying he had any, but I certainly had a lot of bad shots before I dialed in the through the gap shot.

How often do I play? Well, about one round a week. Two Wives, three kids, and a job will do that to you.

In his defense, I get out quite a bit more than BigSky and I've only seen one guy throw a Latitude disc (he said he found it) and 2 guys throw MVP (one was visiting from California). It's all Innova and Discraft around here.

I imagine Innova is either feeling the bite of their market share being eroded, is jumping on the over-mode bandwagon as an opportunity to capitalize on a potential fad, the over-mode process has some manufacturing/cost advantages, or this over-mold thing is the real deal.

It's amazing how bad shots never make the final cut... they always end up on the cutting room floor/desktop wastebasket. Not saying he had any, but I certainly had a lot of bad shots before I dialed in the through the gap shot.

I do re-tee at times if a disc slips out or I completely mess up a shot, but I've only thrown #7 once in my life :)

I have parked it with the Nova though... It's a tough shot because you need some height and the right line for that hole. I normally throw a Coyote or a Mako that turns and drifts through the gap... The Nova wants to hyzer at that distance.

I was just messing with BigSky above by perverting his name and misquoting him. Sorry bro.

Latest posts