• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another Rules Question. Stance.

when i first saw the title i thought oh god not..... but thats a good question i think when you put down the mini your replacing the boss as your lie and putting the mini in its place so you would have to remove the boss but thats just my opinion and i dont really care what the rule book says untill they update that motherfuc888 and put enough clearly worded english so there will be no more need for pdga discussion discussions about wishy washy rules and we never have to have any more threads about rules.

You just totally changed your stance from the first page
I haven't changed any stance. :confused:

I still think standing on a disc in the fairway to throw is illegal. What did I say that conflicts with that?

Standing on a disc could be considered "building a lie" because your supporting point is not in contact with the playing surface.

A towel is legal under your feet only if you're on the teebox. His example was in the fairway.

Really?

Okay...guys.... Thanks.

I like to play by the rules and the 30cm rule is very tuff to inforce or self inforce without a referenece point.I use the disc behind the mini as the reference point to a 30cm contact point. If..in casual ( casual...lol we are serious) play with buds....my front foot doesn't hit the disc behind the mini...I call a fault on myself. This isn't really catching on in league play, but I don't care....I want my stance legal at the time of the throw. Just me, I guess.

Thats fine I guess you got me on a technicality. The way you made it sound was that a towel could not be used except on a tee pad. Im sure if I took it that way there are more people that took it that way too

Okay...guys.... Thanks.

I like to play by the rules and the 30cm rule is very tuff to inforce or self inforce without a referenece point.I use the disc behind the mini as the reference point to a 30cm contact point. If..in casual ( casual...lol we are serious) play with buds....my front foot doesn't hit the disc behind the mini...I call a fault on myself. This isn't really catching on in league play, but I don't care....I want my stance legal at the time of the throw. Just me, I guess.
thats cool youre trying to stay within the rules im a pretty big stickler about the rules myself but i think anyone thats watching your feet and not watching your throw whether serious or causal dosnt appreciat the beauty and comrodery of this game and is just a douch.

Roc1time;788 Im sure if I took it that way there are more people that took it that way too[/QUOTE said:
This is the simular excuse that jump putters use for foot faults....everybody does it and nobody gets called on it.

But still.... do I have to remove my Boss after I place my mini? And..then...where's the 30cm reference point? I hit my throw and follow thru anywhere within 2 feet of my mini and pick up my bag.... and make my scrambling three.

You get 30cm behind your mini basically a disc length, pick your boss up if you play with Eric, otherwise your good

Thats fine I guess you got me on a technicality. The way you made it sound was that a towel could not be used except on a tee pad. Im sure if I took it that way there are more people that took it that way too
Cool. You'd made the generic statement that "using a towel is legal". I thought it was obvious that his example was throwing from a standing position, and I was trying to clarify that a towel under your feet is legal only on the tee pad.

Cool. You'd made the generic statement that "using a towel is legal". I thought it was obvious that his example was throwing from a standing position, and I was trying to clarify that a towel under your feet is legal only on the tee pad.[/QUOTE

Using a towel is legal, you took it the other way and no you made the blanket statement that you could only use it on the tee pad. Im not calling anyone on a technicality

Last edited:
Guys...I could give a rats ass about a towel in this situation.....I'm x stepping a fairway throw from 190 and using my driver disc to establish a "clean" contact point. The mini is there to establish a mark. I've got 30cm behind the mini to hit my plant foot and use the the driver disc to refrence to Me and and anybody else thats interested.... that I made a clean throw. Nothing like a clean throw from a hard lie.....know what I mean?

Guys...I could give a rats ass about a towel in this situation.....I'm x stepping a fairway throw from 190 and using my driver disc to establish a "clean" contact point. The mini is there to establish a mark. I've got 30cm behind the mini to hit my plant foot and use the the driver disc to refrence to Me and and anybody else thats interested.... that I made a clean throw. Nothing like a clean throw from a hard lie.....know what I mean?

And like I said before your good

Ya but they are fun and like I said...sometimes more fulfillling

So.....I'm good leaving my Boss on the ground and placing a mini in front of it....and making an x step up shot to 18 feet and getting a three. Should be dancing girls at this point......yeah, yeah.

Latest posts