• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Any Sinus throwers?

They have recently dropped the SP from the stamp. The "Zero Sinus" is the SP. No difference at all. I just got one in along with 2 APs. Got to throw them a bit. Love them all. I think the "SP" will make the bag right away bc of the grip and feel. But the APs may well be the driving putter while the "SP" handles appraoch and wind putt duties.

I love my sinuses, they literally replaced 3 or 4 molds that I was using before. I don't put with them much, but they are money for midrange/apprach shots. They have been good to me, they are great for getting out of trouble. It's also one of the few discs that I flick regularly.

Had a sinus ap that I liked but I couldn't justify kicking anything out of my bag for it. I gave it to a buddy who really needed it, he loves that disc and uses it for mainly an approach disc. Not really the best for putting IMO.

I sold mine to booter. I had serious griplock issues with it so I went back to the zone.

I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.

I would definitely give the Sinus a shot if it came in premium plastic. It could be the perfect complement to the Opto Pures which I love so much.

I've been throwing my AP for about three months now, and it's still beefy and in good shape. Don't underestimate base plastics.

That said, I wouldn't mind an Opto Sinus.

Ahhhh. Just a heads up guys. Originally I thought my Zero SP would hold up but threw it yesterday with the temp warming up to 50ish and it doesn't like trees at all. The Plh gets destroyed and folded over on contact. Shopping for a new one today.

Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.

Well, I took the plunge and got a Sinus AP to compete for the OS putter slot with my VPs. The AP doesn't feel quite as fragile as the softer Zero, but I'll have to play with it for a while to get a proper verdict. So far I'm liking the feel and flight. More comfortable in the hand than the VP, and actually might be even more overstable, but it's also slightly faster, and I like how slow the VP is. The VP obviously will have an edge in durability too, but by how much, that remains to be seen. I can see myself getting used to the Sinus AP if it doesn't wear in too fast. I'm also a bit worried about the future availability of the AP, but maybe Zero Hard will be the same or similar enough plastic.

Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.

Why not both? My VP is my main putter and the disc I use 100 feet and in when I run want to run the chains or want it to sit close. I use the sinus for shots further out that I really want to put some muscle on.

I don't want to carry too many different molds. I already carry Pures for putting putters and straight/anny putter drives, so one overstable putter mold is enough to do everything else.

In the interest of minimal molds, why not just use the Pure for everything? They're as good at holding hyzer angles as they are anhyzer.

I just picked up a couple Sinus SP's last week. Great feeling putter, and it throws pretty well for me.

In the interest of minimal molds, why not just use the Pure for everything? They're as good at holding hyzer angles as they are anhyzer.

My home course is a seaside course with 20+ mph winds very common, and not even the Opto Pure holds hyzer into that kind of headwind (at least in my hands). I do agree though that in calm conditions the Opto Pure does hold hyzer very well, and I use it way more often than my overstable putter, but I feel I need the more overstable option when the situation calls for it.

Got to throw my Hard Zero Sinus today. The plastic seems really similar to my TM2 Pure. It flew very different than I expected. It looks so much like a Zone, but I guess the lack if glide keeps it from a long hyzer finish. It goes straight and then takes a short dump, and who doesn't like a short dump? The net result is that it finishes just a little left. I like it.

I really like the Sinus. The zone was just a little too overstable for me but the sinus fills that roll perfectly.

how would you rate these. How do they glide good,bad, nothing. Like on Innovas scale how would you rate them. Specially the 2013 hard and soft

I carry two, one AP, one SP. SP for anything needing a fade or hard hyzer line inside of 70ft or so. The AP, for anything comfortable up to 225ft or so. The AP takes damage really badly considering I use it more often and it takes hard impacts frequently. I'll be getting another before this too long.

I carry 4 putters and 2 molds. Sinuses and Swan2s cover all my bases.

As for the glide, as others have said, it really doesn't glide. It'll fly at a decent clip for around 50ft or so on driving power, then start to bleed speed quickly. The disc is very blunt-edged and will drag in the air. It'll do a quick fade easing to the left as it drops to the ground. If you've ever thrown a Rhyno, its that kind of blunt edge that kills glide and causes quick fade. Flies similar to a Rhyno too, just not quite as OS in the earlier part of its flight.

These are great discs. The zero hard plastic is amazing in feel, very stiff and grippy like "soft" gateway s-series. The sinus in zero hard is very overstable like a shorter, taller zone. It has a board flat top but I like the zone because it is faster and much more comfortable for forehand. My buddy doesn't like the zone for backhand because it feels too thin in his grip so he loves the sinus.

No comments for a while on the Sinus. I have been thowing a zero hard for the last year. The thing is incredible. Still has no high speed turn but takes forever to fade. The more this disc wears the better it is. I have a zero soft that I use on approaches because it is more overstable for me and just sits. I wish that there was some form of premium Sinus. Now that they made an air judge I wonder if we'll ever see an air Sinus so that they can get opto down to 175g.