• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Any Sinus throwers?

Syko

been putting with a 175g sinus sp for about 3 months now and it has been the best putter Ive ever used. started off very overstable. After being beat in, warped and sun faded its a very straight disc. Ive stopped using mids and now carry 2 sinus sps, my 1st sinus, and a newer, harder sp thats still very overstable. what Ive been noticing with these is they have the same basic flight path no matter how hard they are thrown. i drive with my putters as well on holes 250 and under. my beat in sinus thrown on slight hyzer with a closed fisted drive will turn up flat and stay completely straight with no fade or turn. Ive thrown it 340 before, it will start turning into a small anny line but not really enough to put it nose down. when thrown the same but with my hand opened up like a fan and it will fade out pretty hard at the end. My harder sp works great for shorter controlled hyzers. been working great for skipping too. never had much luck with skipping with putters until i tried with a sinus. you can throw it pretty hard on hyzer with a low line and it will turn and skip up but slows way down in the air to set right in the basket or park itself if you miss rather than overthrowing 50ft trying to show off skipping a trident or xxx into the basket. i do much more with these great putters but its kind of hard to go through everything one single disc is capable of doing. is anyone else throwing a sinus sp or ap and loving it as much as i am? Forgot to mention my 7 under par today with playing with only my 2 sinus' my best previous round at that course was 8 under and i was on fire that day

It's the most stable putter I have seen so far. I dont put with it, but I can see how it fills the slot of overstable putter for driving.

The Credo is even more overstable than the Sinus...that thing is a complete monster.

But to answer the original question, I have a Sinus AP in my bag for downhill hyzer approaches. Otherwise the Pure basically takes the cake for all other putting or approach shots.

I've been throwing Sinuses since they were released. I bought one when I first starting "playing" and wasted money and trying a bunch of different discs (basically that I never heard of). The Sinus stuck. I have nailed a ton of long putts with that disc. It fit my putting style for a long time (spin putter). Anything that went past the basket if I missed did not get far. Also tend to sit on the hill pretty well. I had a rediculously beat Sinus SP (grip pads almost have no feel now) and a mildly used Sinus AP in the bag. Both are in the Premier edition plastic, which seems more durable to me for some reason but still beats up like current Zero Line just doesn't seem to chip as easy.

I also carry APXs in my bag now, been helping with form and outside the circle pitch putting. I will be back at 3 Sinus (two SP, one AP) in the spring. I've tried to pull them out of my bag twice now. The Sinus made it way back. It's my Rhyno or my Pig or my Zone. I got a stash of Premier Sinuses they are staples of my bag at this point. They are something special.

necro bump.

ok so i decided to try the sinus again after a lomg while. i picked up a AP on saturday and found a beat ip SP today at mylcal pias. i can say that i am really liking these things and have kicked my rhyno out. i loved my rhyno but i never cared for a bead on a putter. it always seemed to get caught on my finger when using them for upshots and what not.

i putt with warlocks too so being that the sinus is beadless,makes it easier to putt with when im in front of a stiff headwind. the ap is beefy like my 178 rhyno was...but the beat sp is super straight with a late fade. i like them both so far and the plastic feels good. surprisingly the beat up sp isnt chunked at all,lots of dings and scratches but no chunks considering the rocky courses here.

i dont really care for the grip pads on them but its not a big deal.

so far so good...now i need an opto/gl sinus.

Can someone explain the difference between SP and AP on the Sinus? I have been thinking about trying one to be the OS complement to my Opto and Eze Pures, but not sure which one to get. I would likely use it more on short drives and approaches, if that helps. Thanks.

Can someone explain the difference between SP and AP on the Sinus? I have been thinking about trying one to be the OS complement to my Opto and Eze Pures, but not sure which one to get. I would likely use it more on short drives and approaches, if that helps. Thanks.

The SP is just softer and more flexible. I think they fly the same otherwise. :)

The SP is just softer and more flexible. I think they fly the same otherwise. :)

Thanks. What kind of effect does weight have on these guys? I am looking at a 171 from DiscOutfitters, but wondering if that is heavy enough to still hold its overstability. My Opto Pure is 175.

Love my sinus. One of the greatest approach/OS driving putters. Super reliable. Throw them hard and know they wont flip...ever

I personally like the stiffer ap. Though both plastics warp/ding pretty easy. I've had the same one in my bag for months, its really warped and dinged up but hasn't lost any noticeable stability

i've been preaching the merits of the sinus here on this forum for a good while - do a search! for an upshot disc it's almost as os as the zone, but with a tad more 'touch' involved because of the grippy plastic. beats in to s**t but will still hold a tight line to the basket.

not quite as comfortable a grip in the hands as the zone because of the thinner wing, but still one hell of a flat, stable monster that gets the job done.

i've been emailing tomas for over a year now to try and get the sinus in opto and it looks like it might just happen. i now keep both the sinus ap and a zone in the bag and both are just killer discs. my larger hands does quite like the zone as a 'go to', but that damn sinus always gets to strut its stuff.

bought ten over two years ago and still have five in stock, with two being in the bag lineup. the other three are backups waiting their turn.

and yes, those 'sandpapery' thumbpads work very well during rainy day play.

yeah i read all the other sinus threads too les :) i like the feel of the sinus,the depth and lack of bead are what made me want to try it again. the plastic is the ****,very grippy. the ap is nice and when and if the opto sinus gets made, i will replace my ap with it. the sp however is slowly becoming a favorite of mine. i like the softer feel and grippy premier edition plastic. its definitely straighter but after cleaning it,it doesnt look all that beat up. im thinking this was a putting only sinus since its not warped at all.

i have two "neon orange" APs coming in tuesday,i cant wait to see them.

i've been preaching the merits of the sinus here on this forum for a good while - do a search! for an upshot disc it's almost as os as the zone, but with a tad more 'touch' involved because of the grippy plastic. beats in to s**t but will still hold a tight line to the basket.

not quite as comfortable a grip in the hands as the zone because of the thinner wing, but still one hell of a flat, stable monster that gets the job done.

i've been emailing tomas for over a year now to try and get the sinus in opto and it looks like it might just happen. i now keep both the sinus ap and a zone in the bag and both are just killer discs. my larger hands does quite like the zone as a 'go to', but that damn sinus always gets to strut its stuff.

bought ten over two years ago and still have five in stock, with two being in the bag lineup. the other three are backups waiting their turn.

and yes, those 'sandpapery' thumbpads work very well during rainy day play.

So if I were to choose between a Zone and a Sinus to complement the Pure, which would be your choice?

yeah i read all the other sinus threads too les :) i like the feel of the sinus,the depth and lack of bead are what made me want to try it again. the plastic is the ****,very grippy. the ap is nice and when and if the opto sinus gets made, i will replace my ap with it. the sp however is slowly becoming a favorite of mine. i like the softer feel and grippy premier edition plastic. its definitely straighter but after cleaning it,it doesnt look all that beat up. im thinking this was a putting only sinus since its not warped at all.

i have two "neon orange" APs coming in tuesday,i cant wait to see them.

cool rick! where in heck did you find neon orange sinus's? dang bro, i'm jealous!

i think i've only seen them in white, yellow.... waitaminute, i think i did see them in orange at clearwater's! i ordered a couple from them last year and they both had the very old lat 64 'circular' stamps!

So if I were to choose between a Zone and a Sinus to complement the Pure, which would be your choice?

try 'em both and decide. i love them both for very specific reasons, but ultimately the zone has more of a 'full' grip in the hand much like the opto pure.*

seriously though you gotta at least try 'em both.

the absolute best shot i love my sinus ap for is the anny release to let it land flat. especially when you're playing/throwing on very hilly terrain.

like i mentioned earlier, i'm a big dude with large hands (6' 3" 225 lbs) and the more rim i have to grip the better.

Last edited:

the absolute best shot i love my sinus ap for is the anny release to let it land flat. especially when you're playing/throwing on very hilly terrain.

This is the exact shot I was thinking of using the Sinus for. I may end up trying both, but my love of all things Lat will lead me to the Sinus first. Thanks for the info.