• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody miss Charlotte's "Disclanding" store in the Plaza-Midwood area?

ReedyCreekProduct

Birdie Member
I know *I* sure do. A store 99 % devoted to Disc Golf. (It think there were a few Ultimate frisbees) The owner seemed like a good guy. I learned a lot just walking in there and chatting.

Anybody else know of any good brick and mortar stores devoted ENTIRELY to Disc Golf--dormant OR still in operation?

Clearwater disc golf. Everything in there revolves around some sort of disc. Also, Sun King Disc in Brooksville. Both stores are entirely dedicated to disc sports.

I don't think my shop will ever be entirely disc golf stuff, but I'm trying to get more and more stuff.

Seriously, what is your shop? Is it in Gastonia? Next time I head out to see Grandma in Cleveland County, I could stop by to make a purchase--after playing Rankin of course.

Gaston Bicycle I don't have a bunch of stuff right now, mostly Gateway and Quest, but I'm trying to grow it. I'm at 316 E. Franklin, right up the street from Tony's Ice Cream.

Thats good to know we've got something else around in the Charlotte area. I would have to check it out when I make my first trek out to Rankin Lake. We've still got Infinity's End, but every time I find myself in there, they're always out of what I'm looking for.

I have experience with purchasing discs from Clearwater Disc Golf Store on their online store. What a selection! Free shipping on purchases over $39.

Thats good to know we've got something else around in the Charlotte area. I would have to check it out when I make my first trek out to Rankin Lake. We've still got Infinity's End, but every time I find myself in there, they're always out of what I'm looking for.

I have experience with purchasing discs from Clearwater Disc Golf Store on their online store. What a selection! Free shipping on purchases over $39.

Yeah, I have been in her store before when visiting my brother down in Clearwater and it is quite impressive when you walk into her store and see THOUSANDS of discs. Discraft on one side of the store and Innova on the other (with other disc manufacturers sprinkled about) but she is SO overpriced compared to other online sites.

Gaston Bicycle I don't have a bunch of stuff right now, mostly Gateway and Quest, but I'm trying to grow it. I'm at 316 E. Franklin, right up the street from Tony's Ice Cream.

what kind of bikes do you sell?

The bike/dg thing seems popular...there is a store in Fort Walton Beach FL that is like that too.