• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever have this problem?

raggydoo

I just got a new Soft Envy and after being in my bag overnight it has spots all over it. You can kinda see it in this photo towards the bottom. It was between two blue Innova champion plastic discs. The rim has yellow spots and on the flight plate they look greenish. Bummed me out a little, kinda ugly now.

Dis-colored Soft Envy by shawnpbush, on Flickr

I've had a disc or two get this way. Not sure what causes it, figured maybe some unwashed acetone might have caused some leeching to go on.

I carry some old Glo Rocs and the Pro Leopard that sits next to them has neon green (glow) spots all over it.

I just got a new Soft Envy and after being in my bag overnight it has spots all over it.

Wondering if a spill recently (or maybe awhile ago) of bug repellant or sunscreen in the bag might be able to cause this...especially if the disc was left next to that spot in the bag, while in a hot car?

I mentioned this problem before with my Flying Squirrel messing up other discs. And a couple days ago I pulled a yellow Champ FB from storage and it's all white, powdery, and gross. It's like the disc is disintegrating, but it's only about 2 years old.

Weird stuff.

Probably this, thanks.

:hfive: I love a new user with a sense of humor... they are rare around here these days! Mutant hands gets my vote.

276283_full.jpg

Last edited:
The bug repellant theory sounds most promising to me. Have you handled any of those discs after using Off? DEET works at least as well as acetone to remove stamps, it is just more expensive.

The bug repellant theory sounds most promising to me. Have you handled any of those discs after using Off? DEET works at least as well as acetone to remove stamps, it is just more expensive.

Nope, haven't used any type of bug spray while playing yet. They are all pretty new and haven't been used much(newbie). Not a big deal, just thought it was kinda odd.

Radiation burns from the lasers the government beams down at us from space to scramble our brains to make us more pliable to their twisted will? Or just a mild chemical reaction between the plastic and something in your bag, another disc, chemicals in the grass etc. I am sure its one of the two. Look on the bright side its a one of a kind disc now that no one else has and its all yours :p

I've had the bright yellow mysterious stain on discs before. Only on white discs though.

I've had similar things happen from bug spray (deep woods with lots of DEET) and have heard similar things. Depends on the plastic from what I've heard from a few people.

I hear people pay extra for funky dye jobs, so you seem to be ahead in the game.

Latest posts