• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever suctioned/attached a GoPro to a disc?

DGDawg

Bogey Member
Has anyone ever suctioned/attached a GoPro to the top of a disc? Just not sure of the practicality/possibility of it. GoPros are really very light but would take some distance off your throw of course. I just wonder if you measured out the disc and placed the GoPro in the true center of the disc if it would maintain flight long enough to get that kind of video.

Any thoughts?

Not sure if it was a GoPro or not, but Tim has.

Here's the video for those that don't want to click the link.

He drilled a hole, and the used low friction bearings.

I would love to see this done with a camera that stabelizes the image better!

He drilled a hole, and the used low friction bearings.

I would love to see this done with a camera that stabelizes the image better!

ah yes. if this is the case then sure. that is cool. I wasnt aware of these

Has anybody flown a drone with a camera over a DG course? I'd like to see overhead pics of discs making hyzer flips, threading thru wooded alleys, etc.

Has anybody flown a drone with a camera over a DG course? I'd like to see overhead pics of discs making hyzer flips, threading thru wooded alleys, etc.

In the works, I think. Here's Paul DeNu's beautiful quadcopter shot of the flight path to 17's basket at Osage Grove. It was his first attempt. We chatted online a little about having the 'copter follow a disc in flight. I also know he tried to video at Idlewild, but discovered that his copter has a chip in it that disables flight that close to a major airport! :eek:

Someone has, I have seen the videos somewhere, but I could not tell you who or where.

I was watching a guy last night play with his mini-drone around the neighborhood and I was reminded about those who were using such a set-up for course previews. Then I was thinking, what if you got so good at flying such a thing that you could keep up with a disc in flight, keeping it in frame throughout most of the flight. That would be something.

Now, I can get a disc up into the 60 mph range. I do not know my drones well enough to answer whether such a device could keep up.

Last edited:
In the works, I think. Here's Paul DeNu's beautiful quadcopter shot of the flight path to 17's basket at Osage Grove. It was his first attempt. We chatted online a little about having the 'copter follow a disc in flight. I also know he tried to video at Idlewild, but discovered that his copter has a chip in it that disables flight that close to a major airport! :eek:

That's interesting..

I'm getting a mini drone for Christmas just to have some fun with.

Not planning on doing anything that cool or this mean though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8D2QZ9lA4

Not sure if it was a GoPro or not, but Tim has.

Here's the video for those that don't want to click the link.

Man that's awesome! I was wondering if possible but I was just picturing a high speed spin video. Attaching one to a mount that stays generally straight is even cooler.

Also, glad my thread got some attention! :hfive: Thanks for the comments everyone!

Aside from the end of this video, I think they're going to need very competent pilots to keep up with the disc.

Bobby Brown of DGAM Podcast fame was saying they want to use quadcopters more for their YouTube Channel.
I was wondering why the discs didn't flip over (Top became bottom) with the added weight of the camera

Latest posts