• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone throw the Soft APX

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Anyone throw the Soft APX? I am looking for something that will grab the chains better

It was my go-to putter until my wrist started snapping more on putts. It stuck to the chains nicely and feels like butter in your hand.

Just found one in the pond with no name, today. Looks pretty stable. It had too much goose crap on it to throw.

Dont even know what that is?

I have an elite Z on my wall but have never thrown it. Aren't they discontinued though?

I have an elite Z on my wall but have never thrown it. Aren't they discontinued though?

I think the Elite Z and the APX Swirl have been, but the Soft is still being made. The Swirl was not cheap. It started at about $25.

The DGA Reef is supposed to be the APX mold with a different plastic blend.

Yes I have... My go to putter was a blue swirl apx until it went in a river...

I bought a soft one and a dx one and they weren't th same...

The soft APX gets a F- for durability (no stars)

I switched to Gateway putters and use a Warlock within 50' and a wizard within 150' both are Super Stupid Soft plastic... Give it a year and its thw softest putter ever, very durable too!

The APX is a weird putter in that it's not really dramatically different from the Magnet. It's a little less stable off the tee and has a lot less low speed fade than a Magnet. For a little while I used it in combination with the Magnet. I used the Magnet for pretty much all of my short drives and regular putts, and used the APX for approaches and long putts since it seemed to glide on a straight line farther than the Magnet. In the hand they felt very similar so I could go back and forth between them with no problem.

Anyone throw the Soft APX? I am looking for something that will grab the chains better
Dude... are you serious...??

There may now be more Midnightbiker putter threads than "what is par" threads!

Latest posts