• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone use a Banshee?

I think the PFN banshees feel almost like a firm Gstar. I love the grip on them.

Another point is that a lot of people don't have the arm for a Firebird. I still don't and the Banshee fits my game. Headwinds, rollers, FH all work well with it. Plus it powers down nice too.

I think the PFN banshees feel almost like a firm Gstar. I love the grip on them.

Another point is that a lot of people don't have the arm for a Firebird. I still don't and the Banshee fits my game. Headwinds, rollers, FH all work well with it. Plus it powers down nice too.

Try a lighter star fb

I really like the Banshee until I started throwing more thumbers and tomahawks. Then I LOVED the Banshee. I know have a XXX in that slot only because my PFN Banshees are brand new and I dont want to sacrifice those yet lol

I rock an opaque champ banshee and absolutely love it. I throw leopards, eagles, teebirds, firebirds and the banshee fits in nicely. I would say if an eagle and a firebird had a disc baby it would be the banshee. Don't sleep!

My first disc was a tie dye Champ Banshee I was given which is a bit of an evil disc to give a beginner but still I grew to like it. I don't bag it anymore cause I have the Raptor and the Viper and it doesn't make sense for me to carry an over stable disc between those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my champ banshee a while ago. Went to the disc shop to replace it they didn't have any. In perusing the used disc pile there it was a gently used PFN Banshee. $18 for a used disc but damn worth it. I have a new metal flake TB and no comparison in dealing with wind and needing that little extra fade around a tree.

I still have a stack of banshees from when I probably threw more banshees than anything else. banshee thumbers got me more birdies on cardmates than all my other discs combined. Tight OB, no problem banshee thumber all day. In one tourney on a temp course with real tight ob I took birdie on two holes that all cardmates bogied.

I had a bad string of luck and left one on the course and lost two to water after some unfortunate kicks and rolls (one off of the basket). I also had to slow down with the thumbers a bit because my elbow started acting up. Some of my go-tos started to flip way too quick on thumber shots and were getting less predictable. I thought about replacing them, but after I bought the last couple PFN from a local shop there are no more for fair prices. I never pay over normal retail for a disc. I finally swapped in a flat star firebird for thumber duties and the banshees are no longer in the bag, but that stack will always be in the closet.

People bemoaning the lack of Banshees in plastics might be surprised to know that the EXP/EXP1 is basically the Banshee. The new run ones are more like a Banshee-L with + rims (which is likely the change made recently). But if you wanted a Banshee in S or Pro plastics - find the EXP/EXP1 in Sirius (they exist) or Millennium base plastics.

I have always liked the EXP far more than I do the Firebird. I prefer something shorter than the Firebird for my fairway meathook.

I really like theBanshee and bagged it for almost two decades. I actually have three Banshee aces. It is a seriously great disc...
...but the RDG Raptor is just better for me. Now that RDG has released Amber plastic Raptors, I dont think I'll ever go back to Banshees, honestly.

The Raptor has a nearly identical flight to the Banshee: zero turn with gnarly fade and absolute resistance to the wind. But for me the Raptor feels better in the hand. Whatever it was that they tweaked slightly on the new Banshee rims just doesnt feel great in my hands.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check out the Raptor. I'm going to need a bigger bag soon:)

Thanks for the info, all! I will try it out when it gets here and look at a Resistor or a Raptor, as well. My birthday is coming up pretty soon, so one of those will definitely be on my wish list!

Thanks for the info. I will have to check out the Raptor. I'm going to need a bigger bag soon:)

From my experience, the Raptor was way more over stable than the flight numbers indicate. Now I don't have the biggest arm in the world, but my Raptor might as well have been a boomerang... Thing would immediately start to go right out of my hand(RHFH). Not saying it was a bad disc, just super OS

I had a DX Banshee that was nice when new, but degenerated pretty quickly into flippiness.

Would like to try a Champion someday, although I think the Longbowman fills that slot pretty nicely.

Last edited:
I recently put my Star Banshee back in the bag. Tried to replace it with a Firebird (too much disc for my needs and arm) and then the Felon. Liked the Felon, but in the end, For my use the Banshee is perfect.

The Banshee is one of my favorite go to discs. Although I throw them 90% in a sidearm situation they pretty much work like a long mid with hefty fade. I carry at all times a max weight KC Pro Banshee for very stable duties and a more workable / more glide pfn champ banshee. For me they fly like a shorter firebird but are more versatile with long approaches or shorter holes. I've always thought it was weird that I don't meet more people throwing them. Not to mention they'll battle any headwind.

I recently put my Star Banshee back in the bag. Tried to replace it with a Firebird (too much disc for my needs and arm) and then the Felon. Liked the Felon, but in the end, For my use the Banshee is perfect.

Star Banshee?

From my experience, the Raptor was way more over stable than the flight numbers indicate. Now I don't have the biggest arm in the world, but my Raptor might as well have been a boomerang... Thing would immediately start to go right out of my hand(RHFH). Not saying it was a bad disc, just super OS

My Raptor sits between the C-PD I have tried and the Champ Firebird I have tried in terms of stability. It is very overstable. It will not turn over.

My Raptor sits between the C-PD I have tried and the Champ Firebird I have tried in terms of stability. It is very overstable. It will not turn over.

How would you compare the Raptor to a Banshee. I was interested in a Banshee but settled on a FD3 due to local availability. So far the FD3 has been performing the way I envisioned the Raptor would. Raptor was great for flex shots and huge spike hyzers but I really don't have a place in my bag for it

How would you compare the Raptor to a Banshee. I was interested in a Banshee but settled on a FD3 due to local availability. So far the FD3 has been performing the way I envisioned the Raptor would. Raptor was great for flex shots and huge spike hyzers but I really don't have a place in my bag for it

I got my Champ Banshee second hand and it is fairly beaten but I'd say mine is like a slightly more overstable Champ Teebird with a bit less glide.

Latest posts