• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anything Disc Golf Road Trip

so anyone use a piss jug or funnel or bottle or anything to keep from stopping on long trips

im thinkin if i would utilize one of these it would allow for at least 1 moar course each day

I think the only reason why I'll buy a Gatorade on a road trip is for the wide-mouthed bottles which make it a little less risky to pee in while driving 70+ MPH down the freeway.

Definitely helps speed up the trips in between courses when you're trying to bag a bunch while on a long road trip.

I think the only reason why I'll buy a Gatorade on a road trip is for the wide-mouthed bottles which make it a little less risky to pee in while driving 70+ MPH down the freeway.

Definitely helps speed up the trips in between courses when you're trying to bag a bunch while on a long road trip.

I mean, I already knew this, but this statement cements the fact that you live in IL. Flatlander :sick:

;)

:p

Wow are you calling me a FIB?? :mad::mad::mad:

Because I'm actually a Texan :cowboy:

What's a FIB? lol

I don't know your life story man, just that you gave me the heads up on the redesign of Tim Osmond (which I'll hopefully be playing in July) and that you'll be moving to Milwaukee at some point.

So you're a Cowboys fan too? :sick::sick::sick:

so anyone use a piss jug or funnel or bottle or anything to keep from stopping on long trips

im thinkin if i would utilize one of these it would allow for at least 1 moar course each day

No doubt a big roadtrip consideration. When traveling with one or more persons this becomes a huge problem when trying to make time. Strategic planning becomes essential when traveling with one or more people. I have become very irritated with others who want to stop 10 min after a fuel stop.

When traveling alone I have tried a piss jug and found I would rather just pull off on a desolate on/off ramp and step out and get it done. However in states that look for contraband this can be risky proposition. Also a piss jug is much easier to use when wearing a loose pair of shorts. Moreover a full stomach vs an empty seems to make a big difference. When my stomach is empty I constantly feel the need.

PS. On the topic of pissing you young guys have no idea what awaits you as you get older.

No doubt a big roadtrip consideration. When traveling with one or more persons this becomes a huge problem when trying to make time. Strategic planning becomes essential when traveling with one or more people. I have become very irritated with others who want to stop 10 min after a fuel stop.

When traveling alone I have tried a piss jug and found I would rather just pull off on a desolate on/off ramp and step out and get it done. However in states that look for contraband this can be risky proposition. Also a piss jug is much easier to use when wearing a loose pair of shorts. Moreover a full stomach vs an empty seems to make a big difference. When my stomach is empty I constantly feel the need.

PS. On the topic of pissing you young guys have no idea what awaits you as you get older.

Piss jug solidarity! :|

:D

for anyone who has tried this maneuver it is difficult to not get a little on the seat and especially if you have a seat that slants slightly upward

amazon has some portable urinals

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=portable...prefix=portable+urinal,aps,134&ref=nb_sb_noss

im also concerned about it holding enough in one jug but also the smell if it sits for a while

I find it much easier to just go at the course or gas stops. I suppose it could be more of an issue with 3-4 people travelling together, but...I really don't want to be trapped in a car with a bunch of guys relieving themselves en route to the next course. :\

And the absolute last thing I want to do, is explain why I couldn't avoid an accident because I was engaged in the logistics of urinating while driving, whilst trying to avoid getting any on the seat.

Elmex in a Depends commercial, and my day would be complete.

everyone has a price

would be my first sponsorship

also these trips would be alone

and it would be moar likely to be on some back country roads than in rush hour down i94 in mpls/stp

Never knew poison ivy wipes existed. Am curious of how they work? Also Googled voodoo floss... I will be getting some of that.

They are a nice stop gap measure. I don't think I would depend on them, but if you KNOW you have gotten into some ivy, wiping down the spots you are sure are infected will help. I am really cognizant of hitting my calves. This stops the inadvertent spread of the ivy, to the front of your driver's seat, to re-infect your legs later.

I don't use them, but I carry a small bottle of dish washing liquid and a couple towels in a gallon zip lock. Again, if I am SURE I got a dose, I will bust out a bottle of water and wash with one of the towels. The detergent is best for breaking down the oil and the mechanical act of scrubbing is a further aid, in reducing the impact. I use the second towel for drying and containment. I throw both towels away. Poison ivy is NOT to be trifled with, if you are allergic.

New England and the Pacific Northwest are next on my list for either super long road trips or flying from Chicago on my way to add the remaining states to my list.

Love seeing these discussions and will pick up the voodoo bands for my aging knees but I'll pass on the piss jug idea.:thmbup:

be sure you know the size of your bladder.... 32oz may not be big enough

I didn't know that poison ivy wipes existed either until I found some at work and from then I have always had them in my bag and car. I haven't got poison ivy since and I usually just use them for the rounds were I really get in the rough and have no clue what I walked thru. Pretty much just to be safe.

Voodoo floss is a great, simple tool to use for recovery. I used it to alleviate and get rid of tennis elbow from disc golf. Now I use it all the time, all over my body. Look up Kelly Starrett for some of his tutorials or just search youtube and you can probably find a use for the floss on any body part.

I'd never heard of Voodoo floss before, so I did some googling:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8176205/ - Review of studies on muscular flossing.

More positive than I had expected (the product's called "Voodoo" after all), but still fairly inconclusive as to the benefits. Need more research to see if there really is a meaningful effect.

be sure you know the size of your bladder.... 32oz may not be big enough

Back in the day one could pass a piss test by watering down. That's how I got to be very efficient with a piss jug. This 32oz quote is no joke.

I'd never heard of Voodoo floss before, so I did some googling:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8176205/ - Review of studies on muscular flossing.

More positive than I had expected (the product's called "Voodoo" after all), but still fairly inconclusive as to the benefits. Need more research to see if there really is a meaningful effect.

Fair enough. My knowledge of voodoo floss comes from Kelly Starrett's book Becoming a Supple Leopard. I've used it on my knees and tennis elbow and have seen good results.

Latest posts