• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arby's - they have the meats

Also, as far as chain burger places go, Habit burger totally rules!

I have never once in my life heard of Habit. Never seen any commercials or anything. Now I'm curious...

This bean free chilli concept is truely bizarre. I've had some decent meat free chilli's.
Bean free seems to defeat the (my) deffinition of chilli, as a spicier stew with beans replacing potatoes. Noodles? Huh?
Admittedly, an older fellow at my shop used to bring in crock pots of chilli in cold weather, and he occasionally threw in spaghetti o's. He was also the master of using tons of jalapeño, minus the seeds. Capsacin you tasted for hours! I miss him!

Interestingly, my grandmother used to make chili with beans and potatoes. Regardless of any textbook definition of the word, I will always have the fond memories of that tasty concoction! :clap:

:gross:

That's one of the reasons I stopped eating burgers to begin with!

Ok. So you had me questioning the sanity of the ICS.
There are now more categories than when I was doing it.

Chili- Red(the real stuff) Beans are not allowed, nor rice or other fillers
Homestyle chili- (the red-headed step-child of chili) BEANS REQUIRED!! Put whatever else you want, its not real chili.
Chili Verde- NO BEANS ALLOWED!
Veggie chili - (soup?) No meats!!!!!!
Youth/etc - Your learning, eventually you'll make real chili.

https://www.chilicookoff.com/about/ics-cook-offs

Splitting the definition of 'chili' between 'chili' and 'homestyle chili' makes sense to me and is a demarcation of compromise I can support! :thmbup:

Typically, my wife asks for pasta with our homestyle chili, which is chock-full of beans and very hearty in and of itself, and I just shake my damn head. :|

Actually, something like whole wheat rotini with homestyle chili isn't terrible, but I'm sure as hell not doing the watery spaghetti crapola Cincy does (nor am I adding cinnamon)...

Taste like the lunch burgers you got in grade school

Not exactly a "glowing endorsement." :\

Guess your school cafeteria was better than most.

And speaking of chili cookoffs....