• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Are Destrulcans back?

myroomisajunkyard

Bogey Member
I played at a tournament recently, and checked out the bin for destroyers, there was a spanking brand new 20 something destroyers, I was overjoyed because I'm in need of extras, but then I noticed every destroyers had beveled edges. So I was wondering if they decided to vulcanize every destroyers from now and on? :wall:

OH SNAP YOU GOT HIM!!!

Oh-Snap.gif

Lots of those Destroyers still in circulation waiting to be sold. It will be a while before they go away. Heck, you could still find brand new S/DS Destroyers (from the 2009-2010 runs) a year ago.

Yea probably a case of old stock in your area/shop.

Most of the newer AJ run Destroyers I've seen have amazing pop-top similar to old S/DS's. There are still a few 'flatter' ones here and there though. None seem to have the dramatic and instantly noticable 'vulcan' top.

The new ones that look like a destrulcan are actually nice destroyers. I have a few that are nice and overstable.

Actually, I also have noticed the resurgence, on Ebay there have been several new listings as of late that are vulcan-topped, many of them tournament stamped with tournaments that either just occurred or are about to occur, so they might have actually run some new ones, which begs the question "WHY ???"

i heard the bottom stamped ones with the big lettering are PD2 topped and super beefy!

i heard the bottom stamped ones with the big lettering are PD2 topped and super beefy!

I don't believe the whole "PD2 top destroyer" thing. I think it is a bunch of made-up hooey. I've been wrong before, though.

I have one and it flies like a faster FAF Firebird.

Yep, those were ran sometime in the winter of 2012/2013 and the spring of 2013. Pretty useless most of the time unless you're a power player. You can still find them here and there. I've seen them in stock stamp, tourney stamp, and bottom stamp.

climo had one in his "in the bag video" he said it was too much disc for him. and he throws 450 accurately all day.

I'm not a destroyer thrower but out of the 30 tournament stamped ones I ordered there are at least 3 different variations, maybe 4. I think the newer ones that people are calling vulcan topped might appear so at first glance but the top isn't as dramatic. I'd believe these molded up this way due to cooling or whatever but didn't buy it on the destrulcans. There are some that look like an anhyzer top to me, a few flat ones that the wing is totally shaped different...kinda convex like a roadrunner wing. Then there are some that I'd call a normal destroyer, nice smooth transition from the nose to dome, no weird shape to them.

Everybody has their own take on it, but I think Innova tinkers with batches to get a desired flight. This lets people carry 3-4 over a mix of stabilities.

Yep, those were ran sometime in the winter of 2012/2013 and the spring of 2013. Pretty useless most of the time unless you're a power player. You can still find them here and there. I've seen them in stock stamp, tourney stamp, and bottom stamp.

Mine is stock stamped, 167. I really only use it for sidearm flex lines. I feel like a girly-man if I try to throw it back hand.

Can anybody show me/us in this thread what a Destroyer is supposed to be/look like? As I have never seen one in person.

I see debates and comparison stories all the time with no pictures to further educate or hit us with a little Prerube thread destination direction! Thanks :thmbup:

Can anybody show me/us in this thread what a Destroyer is supposed to be/look like? As I have never seen one in person.

I see debates and comparison stories all the time with no pictures to further educate or hit us with a little Prerube thread destination direction! Thanks :thmbup:

white is a regular star destroyer, green is an echo star with the vulcan top

Sorry, no good at internetz. This link is the pic he was talking about.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23509&d=1333419104

Latest posts