• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are There Any Only Sidearm Pros?

Ville Piippo. Sidearm dominant player from Finland.

Yup, Ville can throw ridiculously long sidearm shots, but he used to throw really long (and high) thumbers as well but I think his injuries prevent any overhead shots these days. He can throw backhand quite well also, but having such high accuracy on FH, I'm not surprised that he doesn't do that too often - I don't know if there are any _exclusively_ sidearm pros here in Finland, but Ville comes probably closest.

And yes, he used to throw javelin - was pretty good at that also, at least 70+ meters worth. I'd say he's already some sort of disc golf legend here in Finland, having such a long sidearm throw in a backhand dominated field of players. There's plenty of material of him playing against US and swedish pros, mainly in European open and Tali open on the lcgm8 channel. Surely worth watching!

this thread is wiggity wack. 'brian cook' only made $2700 this year forehanding. doesnt sound like the best in the world to me- heeee.

I apologize if it has already been said, but I expect sidearm only pros are about as common as backhand only pros. I can't name a pro who can't do either at least for an out or approach, as needed. It's just a necessary skill to do both to get out of trouble if you are playing at that level.

Latest posts