• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
One of my cardmates at the tourney this weekend found this. I wonder how it got lost, haha. In a twist of fate it belongs to a buddy of mine.

Attachments

• 258D6F2E-84CE-4EAF-BC60-877EB6E4F516.jpg
    258D6F2E-84CE-4EAF-BC60-877EB6E4F516.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 36
It happened that my four drivers are in rainbow colors -- orange, yellow, green, blue. They match well colorwise. I'm liking it.

Actually, the orange disc is not more than a backup, I hardy ever need. I must confess, I mainly carry it because it matches so well with the colors. Without the orange disc, my bag would be dull. ;-)

I've been playing for a year. At first I bought random color discs but when I noticed how easily certain colors were to find, I changed my strategy. My favorite disc was the Undertaker and when my pink Pro D got wrecked and my home course is heavily wooded, I wanted to move up to ESP. Unfortunately Discraft only makes drab ESP colors. This spring I bought a hunter orange DX thunderbird as a temporary fix - its been awesome! But once again sure Star and Gstar are more colorful than ESP, but its still not as bright as I prefer. I might have to suck it up and buy champion or Z plastics :(

current favorite colors: hunter orange, bright pink, baby blue
I agree with those that would rather not spend hours looking for discs or worse, losing the disc.

Colors depend on the season and location you're playing. Orange is great in spring but bad in fall. White is great all year except on snow. Blue is fine but not around (actually in) water. Pink is almost always fine. Black is never, except on the putting green, where it doesn't matter.

Color patterns matter a lot, too. I have a bright green Echostar disc. It's even good enough to spot on grass, because it only has a tiny stamp, leaving all the rest of the disc the same color. Round objects with all the same color are seldom in nature. Discs with brighter colors but in swirly or burst patterns are often more difficult to spot.

Being a color snob is hard. When you walk into a disc golf store filled to the brim of shiny new colorful discs you just want to go overboard and buy them all. Once I get back to reality and realize I only play a handful of molds in select weights my purchasing options becomes vastly simplified. I will say it never feels good to walk out of a shop just because they don't have your exact disc in the correct color, but you get used to it.... Eventually.

... My favorite disc was the Undertaker and when my pink Pro D got wrecked and my home course is heavily wooded, I wanted to move up to ESP. Unfortunately Discraft only makes drab ESP colors....

current favorite colors: hunter orange, bright pink, baby blue
I agree with those that would rather not spend hours looking for discs or worse, losing the disc.

All I bag is aqua and bright pink, and half of them are ESP (plenty of aqua blue Undys out there too):
Undertaker_6_of_21_1024x1024.jpg

Being a color snob is hard. When you walk into a disc golf store filled to the brim of shiny new colorful discs you just want to go overboard and buy them all. Once I get back to reality and realize I only play a handful of molds in select weights my purchasing options becomes vastly simplified. I will say it never feels good to walk out of a shop just because they don't have your exact disc in the correct color, but you get used to it.... Eventually.

This has come to be one of the reasons I give people for a monochrome bag. It helps me curb spending. I started saying it as a joke but it has become a bit of reality.

Is it max weight? ... type plastic? and Red? No, no, no? ill pass.

If I could start over from the time I started building the monochorm I would probably have done day glow but is ok. Red is still good except some places in the fall and at dusk. When I know I'll be pushing the end of daylight I will carry a couple of glow discs just in case.

A had an idea to have all my OS disc red, US green and stable yellow. . but it´s kind of hard to do

Back when I started playing, I tried something similar.

Blues very OS
Greens OS
Yellows, stable
Orange US
Reds very understable

That way I could look at the color and know the stability without even knowing what the disc was as it followed the light spectrum.

This lasted about 1 order until I could not find the disc I wanted in the correct color...

Now if everyone would just start making more white discs, one could do this by dying their own. I am way too far in to do this now though.

A store near me just put a bunch of yellow discs on sale because yellow doesn't sell very well... at least not to their clientele.
Various molds in premium yellow plastic for $10. Same molds, different colors: not on sale.
SuperColor Buzzzes with wild looking stamps, on sale too.

I prefer whites and dayglow green as I'm colorblind but I have a red and a pink in the bag as well though the red is real beep for me to find on shady fairways

I don't care too much but I am certainly attracted to some colors.

I'd like to see this poll conducted for stamps. I definitely gravitate toward unique or cool stamps. I'm sure Westside has sold innumerable discs on this factor alone. I definitely gravitate toward unique stamps, especially on discs that I keep multiple copies of.

I'd like to see this poll conducted for stamps. I definitely gravitate toward unique or cool stamps. I'm sure Westside has sold innumerable discs on this factor alone. I definitely gravitate toward unique stamps, especially on discs that I keep multiple copies of.

Start a thread with a stamp poll, then. :popcorn:

I bet this is why some discs do not sell in specific plastic, The Big Z Roach is one that if people buy they take the stamp and wipe it off and is a turn off to others. The Big Z Comet with the meatball looking ice ball on it is another. Same would be said for the current Star Destroyer and Star Roadrunner if it were not for the pro signatures on the molds they would have a hard time selling even though I do like the Road Runner. The one I do not like is the Rat from 2017 as the stamp is a like a rabies carrying Rat and Bullfrog can be bad in the right sparkle stamp to see what you are looking at, though I do like the pun.

I'm colorblind and have a hard time finding yellow, orange, and red discs, so i mostly stick to blue. Unfortunately, now it's become a thing so I almost exclusively bag blue discs which makes finding the right disc harder. Maybe I should sprinkle in some pink and purple to be less monochromatic and appear less anal.

I'm colorblind and have a hard time finding yellow, orange, and red discs, so i mostly stick to blue. Unfortunately, now it's become a thing so I almost exclusively bag blue discs which makes finding the right disc harder. Maybe I should sprinkle in some pink and purple to be less monochromatic and appear less anal.

You don't organize by speed?