• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

Apothecary

Banned
Gold level trusted reviewer
i just noticed that DGCR has an option to sign up as a volunteer guide...how cool! i am now a registered guide for these courses:

Huntington Beach Central Park
El Dorado Park
Liberty Park
Twila-Reid
La Mirada Regional Park
Whittier Narrows
Oak Grove

these are all of the local courses i hit up often. if youre ever in the socal area, please dont hesitate to contact me to play a round. :)

one thing i noticed was that im the only guide for each of these courses...do your local courses have a registered guide? are you one of them? has anyone used a volunteer guide before? how did it go?

p.s.: i also wrote reviews for most of those courses. please take the time to mark them as "useful". thanks!:clap:

...do your local courses have a registered guide? are you one of them?

all of my local courses do have guides, most of them have only one guide, but a couple of them have multiple guides listed, 3 was the most at any of my local courses. I am not one of them. Should probably sign up though, I had forgotten about that feature.

Click the guides button on the course page and in the top right corner there is a link to "volunteer as a guide". Click that and you're on the list. Then people can PM you questions about the course or setup a time when you might be able to show them around.

I'm listed as the guide for three courses. I just got to show Gflap around Shawnee State Park two Saturdays ago. I really enjoyed it. I play almost exclusively solo so it was cool to get together with someone else from this site.

This sounds awesome. Sometimes you don't want to have to hunt around a new course for hours trying to play the damn game. I've been told by people that Black Diamond (emery park to the NR locals) is terrible to navigate if you've never been there because signs are non-existant.

I know Parma was like that the first time we played, and the grass wasn't even worn down on the tees!

If we hadn't had the DGCR map we would have been SOL!

I'd be willing to be a guide, but I doubt I'd be able to help anybody, because I play when others are at work.

\/\/

It is pretty cool feature. There are a couple courses I have played that thankfully I have found a local group to help guide me. Think the guide feature is pretty sweet. I will have to hit you up on a round if I ever make it to those courses.

Cool feature. I didn't know about it before now. Just became a guide for Rankin Lake.

i didnt know about this feature either, makes a lot of sense though im definatly gonna try and take advantage of it when i travel and play....im gonna sign up for my local courses as soon as i get healed up and can play again

i think you become eligible to become a guide after you have that course marked as played.

the "find a guide" function that DGCR serves is invaluable and one of the most underexposed features of this site. i cant believe nobody has used one before.

This is a cool feature, I'm a guide for 2-3 courses near me but no one has hit me up yet.:wall:

Latest posts