• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Orange County Disc Golf

Weirk1

Hello all,

I'm beginning to realize more and more how there's nowhere in the OC to play good disc golf. I go up to La Mirada every weekend to get some play in, but it would be convenient if there was another option other than Huntington Beach or Oceanside/San Marcos..

What do y'all think about developing a course in Orange County? Specifically in the Laguna Niguel Regional Park. It's a huge park, probably bigger than LaMi to be honest. I might have some connections to the city and the county made possible.

What are your thoughts? How might this look in reality? Is there a market for the sport in this area?

Laguna Park.JPG

Market, yes. I know Los Angeles has been on the verge on getting a new course, just red tape. I do play the tape course a lot in Irvine and El dorado in long beach is a good option. Prado regional is also not that far. Whittier is good and has had 2-3 courses proposed over the last 3-4 years that just went nowhere. Orange county though would be an improvement is they could land a major course at a regional park.

I took a real serious design walk thru several parks and county trail areas in 2010 my favorite candidate was Laguna Niguel mostly because I didn't sense as much negative feedback from locals, park concessionaires or environmental lobbies.
Michael Williams