• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noob from OC

Lim Jahey

Hey everyone, I'm about two months in to my disc golf journey and just wanted to say hi and also how much I appreciate this site and the people on it. It has been an invaluable resource, and I'm experiencing rapid improvement due to the great tips.

Quick background: I'm 44, a decent ball golfer, high single digit 'cap, and started DG a couple months back with some friends. Love it! It takes less time, it's more relaxed, and the people I've met are so chill and nice.

I'm from Orange County, and the two courses I play the most are La Mirada and Huntington Beach. From what I've learned, both courses hold massive historical significance...so I consider myself pretty lucky to be able to enjoy them on the regular.

In ball golf I'm considered a fairly long hitter with an average drive around 285, so I expected to be able to bomb discs too. Hahahaha! Yeah right, not happening. But, with tips I've read and watched here, I just busted through the 300' mark last weekend with my GStar Leopard. So there's hope.

Ok, that's long enough, I'm sure I lost your attention. Thanks again everyone, and I hope to see everyone out there!

I read the first line, skipped to the end... and chuckled :)

Welcome to the site!

Welcome! You don't happen to manage a trailer park with a couple of goofs named Bicky, Rulian and Jubbles do ya? :)

Greetings! I still haven't found an answer to this and hope you could help...how come folks from the "OC" refer to their location by county? I can't think of another place in the states where the locals refer to their location by county haha.

Welcome! You don't happen to manage a trailer park with a couple of goofs named Bicky, Rulian and Jubbles do ya? :)

No, I don't manage a trailer park. But the liquor does...and I am the liquor...so...

Greetings! I still haven't found an answer to this and hope you could help...how come folks from the "OC" refer to their location by county? I can't think of another place in the states where the locals refer to their location by county haha.

Yeah that is really common. Only reason I did it here is I have multiple homes so I didn't want to lock myself down to a specific city. It's probably mostly from that lame TV show from a few years back, though I remember people using the phrase prior to that.