• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

yeah whenever i see a wayward golfer i always ask if they know where the next tee is and, if they seem cool, welcome them to join us.

yeah whenever i see a wayward golfer i always ask if they know where the next tee is and, if they seem cool, welcome them to join us....and then I take their discs and say, that sucks it has to be around here somewhere

I had to put words in your mouth (and PERIODS)

I have been a guide for a few of the 41 courses near here since the guide thing started. I have actually been contacted and played with people 3 times now. Everyone was very cool!

Ha, I was going to post this exact thread but was too lazy to do it. Well done.

I'm a guide at a handful of Colorado Mountain courses so if anyone is ever in the area look me up. I always like showing off the bad ass courses around here.

I've also used the guide feature to find people who know courses I'm visiting. Its an awesome two way street that really should be utilized more often.

Become a guide and help your fellow disc golfer!

I think I am a guide for 4 course and never been contacted. On my road trip this winter I am thinking of finding the people who are guides at the courses I plan on hitting up. We will see if anyone actually sets themselves up as guides.

I almost contacted you this summer when I was playing Dretzka. thenamesben got to me first.

If memory serves correctly I think he actually brought you up (by username) while we were discussing the site and local Milwaukee area players.

I just signed up to become a guide on my home course, My home course is fun, but can be hard to navigate the first time you play.

All signed up for my home course as well. Now only does this give you a chance to help people navigate local courses, but also someone else to play with :)

I am not a guide because I have not played the courses I am the most familiar with regularly for 2 years. I haven't played many of my new nearby courses enough to pretend to know where I am going. If you see a course in my list and I am around I'll gladdly play with you and I might be of some help, but no promises.

I only listed myself as a guide for my home course because its the only one I can get to without much gas/time expenditure.

That being said, if someone were passing through the area and needed a guide on a course on my played list up to say 60 miles from me, I could possibly make arrangements to show them around there. It would depend on the day of the week and time of day.

My "home" course are Alex Clark & Towne Lake in McKinney and Lewisville's Lake Park. It would take a special kind of stupid to get lost on any of these courses. I wouldn't turn someone down if a DGCRer sent me a message but I'm also not going to put myself out as a guide.

My "home" course are Alex Clark & Towne Lake in McKinney and Lewisville's Lake Park. It would take a special kind of stupid to get lost on any of these courses. I wouldn't turn someone down if a DGCRer sent me a message but I'm also not going to put myself out as a guide.

why not?

how are others supposed to find you?

I am now. Thanks Apoth for opening my eyes.

thank timmy for making the infrastructure available. ;)

i have family in your area. its one of the richest DG areas in the land. maybe i can use your services in the future? :)

Apothecary, if I ever choose to take a trip to Sodom and Gomorrah I will use you as my guide.....lol. I'll even let you carry my bag for me like a real caddy. See how nice a guy I am.......laughing. If anyone is in the central PA area and wants to play a round or need a guide? You can E-mail me. I play Tyler most often that's my home coarse. It's listed in the top ten coarses on the home page.
Can anyone give me directions to Sodom and Gomorrah?