• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

Definitely a nice feature that it underutilized.

I've been listed as a guide for a couple of courses I've played too many times to count since this spring but just added a couple more I play regularly now.

I was actually contacted for this by MacGyver214 earlier this year :)

I'm a guide at Glenn Hilton in Hickory but not at any of the courses around me. I've never had anyone contact me about a round though.

hehe, i just noticed this feature last week and signed up at the 3 closest courses to me, lake lewisville, north lake park and quisenberry park. no hits yet.

suggestions for guides

While it would be great for a guide to be readily available to play with anyone who asks, this won't always be possible ... but a guide can certainly be helpful without actually being present. How?

1) Make sure the course information is correct, especially the directions.
2) Make sure the hole information is correct.
3) Have many useful links and files listed under the links/files tab, such as:
  • a) course link, if one exists
  • b) park link, if it is in a park
  • c) club link, if a club is closely associated with the course
  • d) a forum link, if the local area/state has a link for the course
  • d) a course map
  • e) a course navigation guide
  • f) a local amenities guide
4) Photos are always useful
5) Write a good review, that knits all this information together, and gives the reader an idea as to the "flavour" of the course.

Do all of the above, and you'll be a valuable guide, even if you can't actually be present.

I'm a guide for Rockburn http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=97 , but have never been contacted. However, a few reviews refer to the navigation guide a wrote, which is satisfying to read about ...

I agree. Whats the worst that could happen? Someone contacts you and if you have a reason not to go or just don't want to then you decline.

There's no contractual obligation involved.

word to your mother. lets all sign up and push this ****.:clap:

Glad this thread was up...opened my eyes, signed up for my home course Crooked Creek Park

Swatso is absolutely right about keeping the course information complete and current. :clap:

I added a course guides line item to the course pages to make this feature a little more obvious.

I've been a guide for 2 courses since the week that Tim made the feature available, but I've never been contacted for guiding someone. But then again, i've never asked anyone to be a course guide either.

woot woot i just got hit up to guide in jan! looking forward to meeting some travlin golfers. :)

and Ms. Volkl who might bill be? forgive my noobness.

man it would be so cool to golf with an icon like him! is he as cool as he sounds on paper?

I just signed up for my local courses...though you really don't need one I figure if someone actually asks me to show them around I get 2 things:

1) To meet someone new
2) To play a round

Both good things, so why not!?