• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arroyo Disc Golf Basket

I'm interested in being a part of this order. I can't guarantee yet because it's quite pricey but if you could put me down tentatively that'd be great.

Send me a PM to that effect that way I'll have a record of it. As it is I haven't heard anything from them in a couple weeks so I have no idea when/if this is going down.

wow, almost 2 weeks and not a response about the glow in dark pigment. they sure do care about potential sells. it does not take that long to call the painter and get info.

DS

We're still investigating this, and I'm sorry that we can't get it done as fast as you'd like, we're doing our best with limited manpower. Those of us that comprise ADS all work regular jobs and are building this business in our free time, so things take a little longer, especially when we're dealing with other small businesses that aren't located in the same state. If I could drive over and get an answer for you, I would.

That being said, there is such a thing as a glow in the dark additive for powder coating. Obviously this is a rarely used item, and is fairly expensive. We're in the process of figuring out exactly how much of the glow additive we'd be using in each basket, how cost effective it will be, and what it actually looks like on a finished product. We do not do our own powder coating, it is outsourced to another small, reliable business near our manufacturer so our products have to wait in line and don't always get coated in the first day or two after dropping them off. Another reason it's taking some time is the rarity of this additive. It's not something that many powder coaters just keep on their shelves, because they'd never go through their stock.

Arroyo Updates

Okay, so it's been a while since we gave you guys any updates, so here's a little about what we've been up to for the past couple months:

November:
- Kevin returned from 3 months of working 70+ hour weeks on a TV show in Hawai'i
- Two Championship caliber baskets were donated to the 2011 Shark Tooth Open in Bakersfield CA
- Second to last quality control check was made in person by Logan to assess strength/appearance of welds, as well as a few last minute changes to minimize processes and make construction more efficient.

December:
- The Vortex has been approved by the PDGA at the Championship level on 12/3/11
- One aesthetic change will be made to the chain rack to improve the appearance of the basket, as well as remove a few processes as save us some welding costs
- Final quality checks will be made by Kevin near the end of the month
- The Official Release Date of the Vortex has been set for 1/1/12

Again, I apologize to all of you that have been waiting patiently for the release of this product. I know it's taking longer than many of you had hoped (ourselves included), but please keep in mind that the first concept design of the Vortex was completed in January 2011... this means that the basket hasn't even been around for a full calendar year yet, and there are many unexpected kinks that slow the process, especially when this isn't yet a full time job for any of us. So please bear with us, because we're trying to bring you the best quality product... if this means losing a few early individual sales, then so be it. I'd rather have full confidence and zero worries about the product that I'm sending out. If you guys want more specifics about what's going on and the Vortex timeline, then please send me an email or a personal message.

I'm bumping this because I would like to add myself to the group buy list and was wondering if there are any updates for release dates and concrete bulk order prices so I can be the first person in Ohio to have one of these.

almost 3 months and still not a word on the glow in the dark option. :(

ah well neon yellow/orange may have to do.

Received this in an email today.

Logan from Arroyo said:
At this point a dgcr bulk order is a little more complicated than we want to handle at this point in time, I'm sorry about that. You all are more than welcome to order baskets individually right now though.

"a little more complicated then we want to handle at this point in time..." thats not very good business IMO. the key word he used was want. as if he could have, but chose not to. maybe theres a valid reason for this, but that just sounds bad from a consumer stand point.

"a little more complicated then we want to handle at this point in time..." thats not very good business IMO. the key word he used was want. as if he could have, but chose not to. maybe theres a valid reason for this, but that just sounds bad from a consumer stand point.

It's definitely a bummer but sometimes you just have to go with what makes the most business sense. Arroyo has been pretty good with communication as we've corresponded through at least 20 emails over the last few months. I'm sure things are pretty busy for them right now.

I'm sure we could work something out where we order 18 and have them shipped to one location (here in Charlotte?) and people could pick them up at worlds.

That's a shame. I really want one of these, but the individual price is just too rich for my blood. It seems silly for them to "want" to pass up a bulk order like this since it would likely increase their exposure across the country massively, but it's not my company.

Thanks for the efforts Scott. I appreciate you picking the torch back up after my post.

That's a shame. I really want one of these, but the individual price is just too rich for my blood. It seems silly for them to "want" to pass up a bulk order like this since it would likely increase their exposure across the country massively, but it's not my company.

Thanks for the efforts Scott. I appreciate you picking the torch back up after my post.

Do you think any other disc golf company is willing to do 'bulk orders' where they receive payment from 30 different people, shipping orders from 30 different people, the difficulty of 30 different orders, but reduced pricing on 30 different orders?

Do you think any other disc golf company is willing to do 'bulk orders' where they receive payment from 30 different people, shipping orders from 30 different people, the difficulty of 30 different orders, but reduced pricing on 30 different orders?

Gorilla Boy did it with his special run of purple Simians. Group orders are pretty common in the online forum world (google GoPro group buy and see how many auto-related forum results you get - they're now in national chain stores, and their business has grown considerably). I've seen plenty of companies do it, regardless of their market and increase sales. What do you think Groupon and all those companies are?

Now I'm not slamming Arroyo and don't have a problem with their answer so don't turn this into another Glow Gator sobfest. My point is that the nationwide exposure they would get from the hassle of shipping baskets all over would more than likely generate a lot more sales for them than a couple giveaways at tourneys. In a world dominated by a couple companies, a new (and from what I've seen and heard, a superior product at that) manufacturer has to gain an advantage somehow.

Regardless, I wish Arroyo the best of luck (now and in the future), and I can't wait until I get a chance to try one of these baskets. If in the future, they change their minds about a group buy, I'll be there with cash in hand, and you can guarantee it'll see action in every temp course tourney my local club holds. My Ching Chainmaster generated a ton of questions (and caught the only ace at last year's temp tourney).

DS

We're still investigating this, and I'm sorry that we can't get it done as fast as you'd like, we're doing our best with limited manpower. Those of us that comprise ADS all work regular jobs and are building this business in our free time, so things take a little longer, especially when we're dealing with other small businesses that aren't located in the same state. If I could drive over and get an answer for you, I would.

That being said, there is such a thing as a glow in the dark additive for powder coating. Obviously this is a rarely used item, and is fairly expensive. We're in the process of figuring out exactly how much of the glow additive we'd be using in each basket, how cost effective it will be, and what it actually looks like on a finished product. We do not do our own powder coating, it is outsourced to another small, reliable business near our manufacturer so our products have to wait in line and don't always get coated in the first day or two after dropping them off. Another reason it's taking some time is the rarity of this additive. It's not something that many powder coaters just keep on their shelves, because they'd never go through their stock.

I 100% stand behind my original statement! all yall have had over 3 months to make a 5 min phone call and get the info.

Gorilla Boy did it with his special run of purple Simians. Group orders are pretty common in the online forum world (google GoPro group buy and see how many auto-related forum results you get - they're now in national chain stores, and their business has grown considerably). I've seen plenty of companies do it, regardless of their market and increase sales. What do you think Groupon and all those companies are?

Hey guys, I guess I phrased my answer a little poorly last time. It's not that we don't want to handle the order at all, we've just shelved the idea temporarily because we're not set up logistically to handle something like that yet. The Groupon suggestion is actually a great idea and something that I'll look into, because that could make a "bulk" order happen sooner for you guys.

Aside from that it becomes a matter of capital, and time to communicate. Those of us involved with ADS and our manufacturer don't do disc golf as a full time job right now. Our lives are heading that direction, but we have to have income from somewhere to be able to put into our company. My point with this is we therefore don't have the ability keep a lot of stock at this point and, only have about 9 baskets built at any one time (baskets for courses are built all in a run together), with materials ready to construct a few more. As our sales increase as the year goes on, we will be increasing that number so we can fill orders faster. We don't want to end up in a situation like Grip Bags with a waiting list.

If any of you have any more concerns please feel free to address them to us directly by email, rather than through this forum. You'll get a much faster response and information directly from the source, and we want to be able to have a personal connection with our customers. Thanks again to all of you for your continued interest and patience.

I think the problem with this "group" order was potentially 18 different color combinations. I would think this type of individual customizing would cost more not less. I still can't wait to play on one of these.

So what happened....I missed a lot of the thread....did the order fall through with Arroyo.....sorry for the trolling....was possibly interested in getting one in the near future.

Arroyo Vortex Basket?

Anybody heard much about these lately? I know the hype was pretty big about them several months ago, but since then I have not heard anything about them.

I know there used to be a video on youtube where Nikko and some other pros were putting on the basket testing it out, but I cant find it anywhere.

Latest posts