• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Chris Hysell the angry old Discraft Pro

What do you dislike about top pros?

Also what's your best score in a tourney round?

I think as a majority the top pros are doing a good job of giving back to the sport. Clinics and videos are helpful to new players. Disc golf is like every other sport. The top players are always being watched. They need to do their best to be good sportsmen and role models.

My best tourney score was originally rated as a 1075 but got lowered to a 1057. I think any time I shoot a round that either keeps me in the lead to win or is good enough to come from a deficit to win it is a good round. Wins trump ratings every time.

At the bottom of the posting area for this thread appropriately it says:

" Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 222 days old. It is very likely that further discussion is unneeded and replying is not recommended. If you still feel it is necessary to post a new reply, you may do so.
I am aware that this thread is rather old but I would still like to post a reply."

^ that's funny . .. . I'm old, this thread's old, everybody's old!!

I think I'd buy this tee shirt:

"This disc golfer is more than 50yrs old. It is very likely that discussion with him is unneeded as he's not going to pay attention to anything you tell him. If you still feel it's necessary you may do so"

when it's made, but enough about me.

But that's not my questions:

What's the mold/plastic combo Discraft discontinued that you would like to see produced again and why?

I love courses/tournaments where I can stay on the course. I'm old and do not camp -- I want hot/cold water, air-conditioning, etc. Twin Grove Campgrounds in Pine Grove PA my current favorite. Similar to ball golf, I'd love to see more of these type locations. In your travels have you come across this kind of event/location?

(And when I edited my response I got:

"This Thread is more than 222 days old, you can't reply to it." so I had to go back and re-check the box!!

:p, that's funny!!)

At the bottom of the posting area for this thread appropriately it says:

" Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 222 days old. It is very likely that further discussion is unneeded and replying is not recommended. If you still feel it is necessary to post a new reply, you may do so.
I am aware that this thread is rather old but I would still like to post a reply."

^ that's funny . .. . I'm old, this thread's old, everybody's old!!

I think I'd buy this tee shirt:

"This disc golfer is more than 50yrs old. It is very likely that discussion with him is unneeded as he's not going to pay attention to anything you tell him. If you still feel it's necessary you may do so"

when it's made, but enough about me.

But that's not my questions:

What's the mold/plastic combo Discraft discontinued that you would like to see produced again and why?

I love courses/tournaments where I can stay on the course. I'm old and do not camp -- I want hot/cold water, air-conditioning, etc. Twin Grove Campgrounds in Pine Grove PA my current favorite. Similar to ball golf, I'd love to see more of these type locations. In your travels have you come across this kind of event/location?

(And when I edited my response I got:

"This Thread is more than 222 days old, you can't reply to it." so I had to go back and re-check the box!!

:p, that's funny!!)

I tried reviving a 1328 day old thread and I had to go to the landfill to post a reply and of course it stayed in the landfill. I would buy a few of those shirts myself LOL.

I will answer the OOP question. None of them. I evolve as plastic does and have no loyalty to any old molds. I even putt with a brand new 3 chain magnet because it is better than a 4 chain. I do admire the fact that people with 4 chains found a way to get money for something that is inferior. With the internet all you have to do is get a few people to claim that something is good and it will go viral.

Okay, back to the OOP question. Those slipstream CTs and Spectras are so good they could revolutionize the game. I'd hate to sell any of the ones I hoarded but for the right price I will.

I will answer the OOP question. None of them. I evolve as plastic does and have no loyalty to any old molds. I even putt with a brand new 3 chain magnet because it is better than a 4 chain. I do admire the fact that people with 4 chains found a way to get money for something that is inferior. With the internet all you have to do is get a few people to claim that something is good and it will go viral.

Okay, back to the OOP question. Those slipstream CTs and Spectras are so good they could revolutionize the game. I'd hate to sell any of the ones I hoarded but for the right price I will.

$50 each?

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

Do you by any chance have any old wasps that you want to sell?

Why dont you throw MVP discs? if they approached you to lead their Masters team, would you accept?

Why dont you throw MVP discs? if they approached you to lead their Masters team, would you accept?

I am unfamiliar with this brand. I really like throwing Discraft plastic and they have always been good to me. I am not a superstar and will never be offered a sponsorship from another manufacturer. When I have my 100th PDGA win it will mean nothing and the only thing that will happen is that I will go to the store and buy myself another gun.

I am unfamiliar with this brand. I really like throwing Discraft plastic and they have always been good to me. I am not a superstar and will never be offered a sponsorship from another manufacturer. When I have my 100th PDGA win it will mean nothing and the only thing that will happen is that I will go to the store and buy myself another gun.

My Chris Hysell man-crush has officially been restored. :eek:

which brings up (yet disturbing) thought ... i would love to see a Hysell/Schwebby skins match. Who do you think would win? When replying, state the course/layout played and who has the advantage.

He has owned me for years. Even when I had great events in 2013 there was one guy who scored better and it was the Schwebagger. I think I might have a chance at my local course. I took Virginia's highest rated player to the final hole and lost last year in our club match play championship.

To all of my fans out there, please remember that I am in my 50's now and according to ratings my game is on a downward spiral.

He has owned me for years. Even when I had great events in 2013 there was one guy who scored better and it was the Schwebagger. I think I might have a chance at my local course. I took Virginia's highest rated player to the final hole and lost last year in our club match play championship.

To all of my fans out there, please remember that I am in my 50's now and according to ratings my game is on a downward spiral.

Age is just a number:thmbup:

What do you attribute the rating decline stemming from? distance regress? putting? patience? democrats taking over Virginia?

(i'm joking folks. let it go)

Can we get an "in the bag" video? One where you shoot holes in some old 4 chain magnets at the end?

Latest posts