• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Chris Hysell the angry old Discraft Pro

Chris,

In your experience what is the best was for a crappy FH player to develop a decent, reliable FH? Any specific disc selections or practice routines?

Sloppydisc, owner of the worst FH in the Carolinas

please record this as the first compliment ever given to me by John Biscoe. It's now on the internet so it must be true.

untrue... i have also said you "worked me like a puppet" back in the day and that you are a good person to go out to eat with... see you tomorrow at lunchtime. i have a farmer's market in the morning.

Chris,

In your experience what is the best was for a crappy FH player to develop a decent, reliable FH? Any specific disc selections or practice routines?

Sloppydisc, owner of the worst FH in the Carolinas

Why is your FH so crappy? What do you intend to use your FH for?

Lots of players throw FH's when necessary to get out of trouble. The big step is being confident enough to throw it off the tee. Have you ever tried to throw a round where you had to throw every tee shot forehand? That's the way I made myself learn it. I started out as a backhand thrower who quickly learned the FH. It became my crutch and eventually my backhand began to suffer. As Uncle Ben once said "with great skills comes great decisions". Well maybe not those exact words. Yes it's nice to have many different shots in the bag but don't fall in love with one.

Do you like the new DLC for it Dragonborn? and what did you think of the other DLC?

I downloaded it the day it came out but i'm an addict for Borderlands 2 right now. There are 5 character classes and I have 4 XBox gold accounts. I have been grinding achievements and toons so much lately that my fingers hurt when I play. I get about an hour each night and then I quit.

untrue... i have also said you "worked me like a puppet" back in the day and that you are a good person to go out to eat with... see you tomorrow at lunchtime. i have a farmer's market in the morning.

can you bring me some hot peppers? I'm all out. I have $$$$.

Chris you gonna be on the open team now that they are down to only doss? And can i buy some glo mrv's?

Chris you gonna be on the open team now that they are down to only doss? And can i buy some glo mrv's?

No. I'll be GM age in March so i'm already there. I no longer pretend that I can hang with the youngsters.

The glow MRV price has gone through the roof in 2013. Last year's cheap prices are no more.

the same thing I did before I was on the team. I'll throw Discraft. I'm not really concerned about making the cut. It's part of my defense mechanism to underrate myself. That way I always feel like I have achieved something. For instance I expect to finish last in Open tomorrow. In reality I might just finish last in the 1st place playoff.

Do you still jam out to old school rap in the car?

What is your favorite ice cream?

What do you do for a living?

Who is one person you have never beaten that pisses you off most?

I downloaded it the day it came out but i'm an addict for Borderlands 2 right now. There are 5 character classes and I have 4 XBox gold accounts. I have been grinding achievements and toons so much lately that my fingers hurt when I play. I get about an hour each night and then I quit.

Do you also think the Mechromancer's anarchy skill tree is broken? I can crush anything in BL2 on true vault hunter mode with her when I get her anarchy stacks maxed and all the other bonuses going.

Do you still jam out to old school rap in the car?

What is your favorite ice cream?

What do you do for a living?

Who is one person you have never beaten that pisses you off most?

I only listen to hip hop

I was always a fan of a Ben and Jerry's flavor called coconut almond fudge chip. After eating it you had to go rinse and brush.

I'm chief draftsman for a steel fabricator

I've never had an unbeatable nemesis. And I eventually defeated everyone who I played against enough to give me that goal. You were always my idol and I never wanted to defeat you and crush the mental image I had of you.

Long time listener, first time caller. If I send you a list of the first runs that I have, can you compare that to your stash of plastic and tell me what you would be willing to sell me that I don't already have. Thanks for your time. I'll take my response off the air.

Do you also think the Mechromancer's anarchy skill tree is broken? I can crush anything in BL2 on true vault hunter mode with her when I get her anarchy stacks maxed and all the other bonuses going.

I have not delved into the Mechromancer much. I have two of them on different accounts that I power levelled up to 50 with the Fleshstick quest. My son has one that is level 50 that he uses when we co-op and it seems to be way overpowered. My toons have the Slayer of terramorphous mod and I have set their trees up to utilize all of the perks that it covers. That mod makes you spread your traits out over the 3 different branches.

Latest posts