• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Santa

A parks supervisor for Allentown so that our club can make improvements to the Little Lehigh Parkway.

Dear Santa,
I would like tee pads and benches installed.
Thanks,
The Herm DG Course

Continued tolerance of the foolishness and destructiveness of derelict casuals. Consider the image your local parks have of disc golfers. Why do they keep the course in? How many courses are close to being pulled (or restricted or temporarily pulled or something similarly drastic)?

I suspect the dedicated players and clubs counteract just enough to buy more time and patience.

A hole on #8.

Invisible to everybody else, only d-bags, chuckers & people who don't call the number on the back of the discs they find are attracted by signs that read "free CE plastic here!". Once inside the hole, they are magically transported to the deepest depths of the Brazilian jungle where they must throw their way back to civilization using only a Groove, an Epic, and a 10M Brick.

Santa must live at my local course, because there are new pin locations, nice benches, intelligently improved course maps, and signage popping up every week.

That said, I want CONCRETE TEE PADS Santa!!

Oh, and an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle. duh.

Trees, we need more trees. Please, Santa, we'll be good. I promise.

We only have one 18 hole course here in Boise during the summer. Then winter rolls around and we have a total of two 18 hole courses in the areas surrounding Boise. Even though we do have the new Lucky Peak course, but I haven't had the chance to play that one yet. I believe that's an 18 holer as well. But all we really have in the Boise area are Ann Morrison Park and Eagle Island. Other than that, we have a few 9 holers.. Settlers Park, Julia Davis, and Bear Creek. If we wanna drive a good half hour theres a few courses out in the Nampa area. So, I wish for more 18 holes courses year round. I love Ann Morrison, it's where I learned to play the game, but some variety would be amazing. The club does a pretty good job moving the pins around on a regular basis.. and the park system keeps the grounds in good shape.. but living about a half hour away from Ann Mo, I can't drive there every day to play a couple rounds, even though I wish I could. Of course, Ann Mo has been the only "real" course in the Boise area for a long time, so I don't really see it happening any time soon. A Boise DGer can wish though, cant' he?

Latest posts