• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Vision is still a hard call because some have some crazy fade to them and others are flippy like roadrunners. Not sure about the current run tendencies. Jeronimo would be the dude to ask about plastics and weight options.

Can you point me in Jeronimos direction? Is that his username here?

Pure is staying in the bag for drives and approaches. Hit another basket off the tee today. Ion is going to the back of the bench. Even with all its I ternet hype. It's a good putter, but no better than the Pure.

Threw a Vision today just for kicks. Fun disc. I have a 165 GL that turns, but comes back. Probably once it gets beat it will be a total turnover machine. Fast, glidey disc though.

I didn't want want to start a new thread about for one question I think im good at this game call disc golf won some stuff here and there but you kno what they say always room to get better.

So I want to put the Speeds away for a month or so but I think I still need some sort of driver I love my Striker but speed 9 i still think is to high can get it out 360 to 370' on a consistant RHFH throw.

Would a River speed 7 listed be a good driver to disc down with? I know mids and putters are ideal and use a Axis that i just got to help and brought my Comet out of retirement on field pratice (Axis I like better with to go to play a round with). w/ an Ion as my Goto short drives say 250' wooded corses that you dont need warp speed stuff. Never big into speed 13 stuff anyways my goto distance driver is a Opto Flow and thats about the highest I go.

Thank You

just keep that river 172g+ if you're able to throw 370 feet. Anything lighter will be hard for you to control out to that distance.

FH River

I don't have enough FH form to throw a River. But I've seen Lopan12 fire some dead nuts straights lazier beams with them. I am pretty sure Conner Jones uses a River also. He's got a very smooth FH release. So, if you want to learn or already have a clean release it will work well. I OAT mine right into a roller. :mad:

River=win. I gotta put a plug in for the Riot too. Best disc in the world? Mebbe, but probably not. My only ace to this point? Yes. Don't knock it til you've tried it!

Change of topic... back to the havoc.

So i was playing a round yesterday and i took a bunch of havoc with me for practice. I recently got some new GLs in, all pretty flat and all of them have that tell-tale sharp flashing at the bottom, crazy overstable. Then i reached for my unthrown first run Opto havocs and none of them had the same degree of flash on the bottom, stable to flippy.

so, my theory is Lat64 noticed how understable the first run were and decided to fix the problem by purposely molding with excess flash (or not trimming it at all before distributing).

Can anybody debunk or confirm that theory?

(no i did not prerube this here or dgr).

Any feedback on lat 64 pro bags? Saw a few people in the thread bought em but there was no further input...thinking about making a switch

So i was playing a round yesterday and i took a bunch of havoc with me for practice. I recently got some new GLs in, all pretty flat and all of them have that tell-tale sharp flashing at the bottom, crazy overstable. Then i reached for my unthrown first run Opto havocs and none of them had the same degree of flash on the bottom, stable to flippy.

so, my theory is Lat64 noticed how understable the first run were and decided to fix the problem by purposely molding with excess flash (or not trimming it at all before distributing).

Can anybody debunk or confirm that theory?

(no i did not prerube this here or dgr).

Agree 100%.. some of the older flippy ones almost feel rounded while the new one has a huge sharp flash but seem to beat into a small bead keeping them more stable. Love the newer beat havocs a lot more than the old ones which were just too understable.

I have a lat pro bag. Just had 1 year and both outer pockets are falling off and corners all show hard wear on them. Personaly Im not happy with it.

I have a lat pro bag. Just had 1 year and both outer pockets are falling off and corners all show hard wear on them. Personaly Im not happy with it.

Ok thanks for the info...needed some feedback on durability and wear. Is that with just normal usage or are you a destructive type person?:)

I play 90% desert courses with a lot of rough ground so i know that dosent help. I do play most everyday but didnt use lat bag all the time, probobly 8 out of last 12 months. During summer I caried a gallon jug of water in main compartment and discs in side pockets. That was when I started having the side pockets come apart at the seams. If you use it in mostly grass areas and dont overload the side pockets it would probably last a good while. As a side note they are HEAVY when loaded with discs so you do get a good workout if you cary it a lot.

^ ok thanks nice to have the context:) I play on grassy courses and will prob only be carrying about 20 discs:)

Has anyone compared the CFR Gold Line Bolts with the new production line ones? They may not stack up any differently, but I was curious.

Latest posts