• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aussie Open - 2015 PDGA Major

No live scoring until Saturday? That is disappointing. I usually like to distract myself at work. Although this course looks awesome, and the pot is large, I don't like a major where so few of the top players are able to attend.

Unless you're working 3rd shift it won't matter

The worst thing is, Perth is such a **** location for this tournament. Obviously a major city but not nearly the same draw as a Sydney or Melbourne would have on the cultural aspect. Perth is also pretty much the furthest possible point west in Australia so, a lot of extra flying you wouldn't otherwise have.

I get that those other cities don't have the proper facilities at this point, but surely they could of done a temp course worthwhile.

I don't really see this major lasting much longer, it's pointless, this is coming from someone in Australia currently.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that 4 guys from my area, BC, took the trip.

That's pretty awesome. I'm jealous.

I don't really see this major lasting much longer, it's pointless, this is coming from someone in Australia currently.

This major isn't intended to last. The international tour standards are clear that it will travel.

Wow, no rain for 60 days and then the first round gets delayed by severe weather.

Wysocki had a respectable first round rating of 1025 under his new sponsor. AU native Chris Finn is beating Simon Lizotte by one stroke.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015 Aussie Open Round 1.png
    2015 Aussie Open Round 1.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 286
This major isn't intended to last. The international tour standards are clear that it will travel.

I thought I remembered something saying it would alternate between this and the Japan Open. That's probably not true though. No idea. :eek:

The way it reads to me is that Japan is fairly well established, so it will rotate between Japan and others, such as Australia, but not ruling out other nations who might bid.

Nikko posted this on facebook 2 hours ago.

"Ricky Wysocki just heard results from the Australian Major! Block out all the negativity and start hammer timing ! You know I got your back brother ! Throw hard, throw straight and make putts ! You got this Rick !"

negativity?

I think we need to crowdfund and get the Disc Golf Guy at all the majors. Next day coverage and more!

The way it reads to me is that Japan is fairly well established, so it will rotate between Japan and others, such as Australia, but not ruling out other nations who might bid.

It should rotate between Asia and Canada! Imagine the #2 disc golf nation hasn't had a major since 2005 and that was an AM event.

"Ricky Wysocki just heard results from the Australian Major! Block out all the negativity and start hammer timing ! You know I got your back brother ! Throw hard, throw straight and make putts ! You got this Rick !"

negativity?

Nikko's so used to "haterz hating on him", that he doesn't realize that people are happy for Wysocki.

I would like to see Japan Open stay as is.... and maybe add another major that moves maybe from Canada to Australia or something. Japan Open is probably my favorite major to watch.

Nikko's so used to "haterz hating on him", that he doesn't realize that people are happy for Wysocki.

I've seen more than a fair share of people talking about pros not showing any loyalty or respect to the manufacturers that support them. Nobody was naming Ricky directly, but they were referencing the news coming out of Australia. I think that's what Nikko was talking about.

I would like to see Japan Open stay as is.... and maybe add another major that moves maybe from Canada to Australia or something. Japan Open is probably my favorite major to watch.

Japan has been on an every other year schedule for years. Australia (or whatever other locale wants to get in on the action in the future) is just filling the gap on the off-years.

Would love to post more but yesterday was a long one with the 2.5 hour delay due to storms and lightning, so I was tired last night and about to head off for day 2 now. Was tough to get up and going again after stopping on our 8th hole. There's more storms to come over the next few days but hopefully it won't cause much more hassle.

Was on Nate Doss' card and had the pleasure of watching that -9 round up close. He started slow then caught fire for the last 12 holes. Birdie after birdie.

Great fun so far. I know its not the biggest field ever but its quality over quantity. An event like this bringing superstars of the game to our shores does huge things for the sport here in Australia. Its taken alot of hard work from the organisers to get this up and running over the last 2-3 years and I think its paying off.

I've seen more than a fair share of people talking about pros not showing any loyalty or respect to the manufacturers that support them. Nobody was naming Ricky directly, but they were referencing the news coming out of Australia. I think that's what Nikko was talking about.

That was my take as well. I don't care who they are playing for, but who cares about my opinion, because I am one of those guys who thinks Nikko is good for the sport.

negativity?

hammertime-o.gif