• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Avery Jenkins Star Teebird

^Does tuning star or champ plastic like that keep the stability change? Or does it go back to its original memory shape after a few days?

it lasts... just knocks the "new" off without any damage. hitting trees at 200' bends the edge down and it kind of springs back. that's what the edge bend simulates. the initial taco bends are like hitting the first available tree with a full power rip. you can also take a favorite worn disc and add stability back to it by doing the edge up bend (like you are trying to flatten the top ). this only lasts for a short while depending on how much stuff you hit as you are constantly putting more wear on it.

i always disliked getting new drivers that dumped really hard at the end. this works best for me on Star and ESP plastics.

I am very tempted to buy a Pre-AJ Teebird that is already beat in, but after throwing the new Avery one I may just try to beat this one in. It may be good practice for me. I throw a lot of understable discs and could benefit from working on flatter releases or even some more forced anhyzers until this beats in.