• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

I've got a 175g Champion on the way. I've heard they're usually flat & not puddle. I'll have fun bringing it out with my Pa1's & Berg to see what fits.

Would be great if the AviarX3 works well both FH & BH so I can condense & make my choices simpler.

It should work well in both of those roles for you. I use it both BH and FH for everything ~250 and in.

Couldn't wait for my Champion AviarX3 to arrive so I picked up a Star from PIAS on my way home today. Got about an hour with it on my local course. I really am enjoying it so far. It definitely is something that I can use equally FH & BH. I was hitting really long & accurate FH's with it in the woods. I've never thrown a disc on a FH flat that would just hold that dead straight line for 250' & land flat.

It really reminded me of a slower seasoned Zone. I never got too comfortable with the Zone's speed but the AviarX3 was really easy to learn. It's a shame my forearm has been so sore lately so I can't really keep testing it. Maybe in a few more weeks I can really lay into it but so far it seems like a winner.

Couldn't wait for my Champion AviarX3 to arrive so I picked up a Star from PIAS on my way home today. Got about an hour with it on my local course. I really am enjoying it so far. It definitely is something that I can use equally FH & BH. I was hitting really long & accurate FH's with it in the woods. I've never thrown a disc on a FH flat that would just hold that dead straight line for 250' & land flat.

It really reminded me of a slower seasoned Zone. I never got too comfortable with the Zone's speed but the AviarX3 was really easy to learn. It's a shame my forearm has been so sore lately so I can't really keep testing it. Maybe in a few more weeks I can really lay into it but so far it seems like a winner.

Sometimes that extra speed on the Zone does make me a little wary. The extra sleekness allows the Zone to sub as a short, OS mid, but can exacerbate the pucker factor on touchy upshots or fast greens.

I have been waffling between bagging a Z Zone + a JB Zone, versus an AX3 + a mortar or other OS mid.

Sometimes that extra speed on the Zone does make me a little wary. The extra sleekness allows the Zone to sub as a short, OS mid, but can exacerbate the pucker factor on touchy upshots or fast greens.

I have been waffling between bagging a Z Zone + a JB Zone, versus an AX3 + a mortar or other OS mid.

I'm looking at a BuzzzOS / AviarX3 setup for slow OS. I like having that Gap in speed to really help make my decisions easier.

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_173412.jpg
    IMG_20190920_173412.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 40
I'm looking at a BuzzzOS / AviarX3 setup for slow OS. I like having that Gap in speed to really help make my decisions easier.

I do exactly the same. The Buzzz OS bookends my rocs and the AviarX3 bookends my KC Aviars.

They have a little dome to them. I have one that has a pop top.

Interesting. How do you like it? I have a puddle top Luster and I like it a lot. I may just like the mold, but going from that to pop top could be strange. I'm just thinking of switching for the cold weather.

That would be interesting. Some dome to fill out the hand.

My favorite thing about the AX3 is the puddle top. I'm bummed to hear that they have dome and even pop-top. Maybe I can get lucky and find an XT with a puddle top; I was looking forward to an AX3 that hits and sticks like my JK Aviars.

Does the AX3 share anything with the original Aviar or is it just name marketing?

Back again to ask if anyone is using XT AviarX3's. How are the domes?

Back again to ask if anyone is using XT AviarX3's. How are the domes?

The couple that I have are puddle top. When I bought them, there was a mix of flat, domey, puddle top available so I don't think there is one profile of XT AX3s you can bank of getting every time.

Anyone use both XT & DX AviarX3's? I haven't used DX plastic in a loooong time. I had an XT Aviar3 & liked the feel/firmness of it.

Which plastic do you all prefer for putting (DX vs XT)?

Anyone use both XT & DX AviarX3's? I haven't used DX plastic in a loooong time. I had an XT Aviar3 & liked the feel/firmness of it.

Which plastic do you all prefer for putting (DX vs XT)?

If I bagged a baseline AviarX3, it would be XT. The DX I have are flat, but the plastic is very slick. I had a hard time getting consistent grip/release. The XT have the perfect amount of tack to stick where ever they land without getting floppy. I can't really answer the question in terms of putting, but for throwing XT is winner by landslide for me.

If I bagged a baseline AviarX3, it would be XT. The DX I have are flat, but the plastic is very slick. I had a hard time getting consistent grip/release. The XT have the perfect amount of tack to stick where ever they land without getting floppy. I can't really answer the question in terms of putting, but for throwing XT is winner by landslide for me.

What are the odds I stumble upon a DX AviarX3 at my local course without a name or #. I van confirm DX is slick.

Been throwing a DX Ax3 for a while now and it is making a strong case to be in my main bag. Such a good approach disc in multiple situations. Straight shots, dependable hyzers, anhyzers that land flat, so many shots that just hunted the basket. Useful scramble disc, good off the tee as well. Putting in the wind. I prefer the firm, slick DX that these come in (same with my Classic Aviars and Rocs) so that is a plus for me though it sounds like not so much for others.

Latest posts