• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

Any chance we will see a Watermelon Alias? Would be sweet to have a three disc watermelon bag. You could cover a lot of ground with a Crave/Alias/Envy. If they have the stamp why not use that sucker. Watermelons for everyone!

Gotta give some love for the Alias. I picked up a 164g Neutron because it was the lightest Mvp/Axiom mid I have seen. Didn't need another as I already have 3 N and a P.

This one is by far my favorite. Still has a nice fade even at the low weight. Holds a long sweeping hyzer and crushes a forced anny without burning. More glide than my others and creates a bigger gap between it and my putters. So easy to throw. Even having success flicking with it, which I always had trouble with flicking mids other than the Tensor.

Alias is a great disc overshadowed by already established MVP mids.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a lighter Alias to add to my arsenal. Lost my last one and replaced it with a heavier 175. It's nice, but definitely more stable and a little shorter than my lighter one. Great disc though, absolutely my favorite mid.

I Apologize if this has been discussed.

I just got a neutron 164 Alias. First off, I love this disc. I have putters that fly like it, but don't feel as great. It is quite understable, something you would expect out of a worn Buzzz SS, or a new Meteor. I'm wondering what people have experienced as far as different plastics and weights go.

I have a 164g neutron alias. it is about a month old. I feel that it is pretty stable considering the weight. if thrown flat it will have a nice fade at the end. if thrown with hyzer it will hold it all the way to the ground. It will although hold a sky anny to the ground with enough behind it.

I have 3 other neutrons and 1 proton ranging from 169 to 176 and they have a similar flight with a bit less carry.

the 176 neutron I have had since release has developed some high speed turn and lost a good amount of its low speed fade. if thrown flat it will keep turning and not come back. If thrown with hyzer it will flip to flat and track left (LHBH) with minimal to no fade.

So in summary I'd say they are the same across weight ranges with the lighter ones having a little more distance.

Last edited:
I Apologize if this has been discussed.

I just got a neutron 164 Alias. First off, I love this disc. I have putters that fly like it, but don't feel as great. It is quite understable, something you would expect out of a worn Buzzz SS, or a new Meteor. I'm wondering what people have experienced as far as different plastics and weights go.

Sounds like you maybe got a freak Alias. The two I have owned have been very HSS with minimal fade. I had a 171 Proton that I lost and now have a 175 Neutron. The 175 is more stable on the fade, but also newer/less beat. I haven't thrown a Buzzz SS or Meteor, but I would call the Alias more stable than a Buzzz on HSS, maybe a little less LSS though. Using Innova's terms, I've always thought of the Buzzz as a -1, 1 on turn and fade. I would put the Alias closer to a 0, 1, maybe -.5, 1.

I agree that it feels a bit putter like, but it's definitely faster than a putter for me. It strikes a nice balance between the Crave and Envy in my bag in both distance and stability.

I just spent some time in the field. My ALies is definitely a bit Understable, but I have another Alias coming in the mail soon. Thrown with a slight hyzer it flattens and flies much farther and straighter than my Buzzz. It has officially replaced it. The Alias does fly slow but I'm always surprised when it hits the ground 30' past my other mids.

A bit understable yet still reliable in a headwind. I've birdied the same 2 holes into a stiff headwind this week with my Alias. It showed gentle turn but stayed true to the basket to land within 5' both times. That's part of why I dropped the Buzzz, unreliable in the wind.

Hmm.. When looking up specs i noticed t
MVP doesnt list light weights anymore?

Weights: 174g - 178g i assume the sub 170s were the some of the " US " alias like we saw with some other gyro molds that now only come in heavier wt ranges.

I'd guess this is why we have the new matrix core..? My 168g and 178g didnt fly much different at all in that regard.

FINALLY bought an Alias....on a total whim too, i was at the mall for an Eye apt, there was a wait, so i wandered down to Air Traffic (just terrible chaos, but they have discs) Found an Alias (Nuetron, Blue on Blue 177g) Couldn't pass it up.

Took it to BRP the next morning...and SLAYED the front 10 holes. Birdied 8 out of the front 10. Alias is awesome.

Slower than a buzzz by a tick, straighter overall, less fade basically, little more glide than buzzz (by a tick ;))

4.5/5/-0.5/0.75 One of the STRAIGHTEST from start to finish discs I've ever thrown.

FINALLY bought an Alias....on a total whim too, i was at the mall for an Eye apt, there was a wait, so i wandered down to Air Traffic (just terrible chaos, but they have discs) Found an Alias (Nuetron, Blue on Blue 177g) Couldn't pass it up.

Took it to BRP the next morning...and SLAYED the front 10 holes. Birdied 8 out of the front 10. Alias is awesome.

Slower than a buzzz by a tick, straighter overall, less fade basically, little more glide than buzzz (by a tick ;))

4.5/5/-0.5/0.75 One of the STRAIGHTEST from start to finish discs I've ever thrown.

I just started throwing the N Alias too a month or so ago. Agree with what you say. I personally would rate the Alias at 4/5/0/almost 0, in the approach role anyway. A little surprised at the almost total lack of fade.

Theory and Alias were doing the same shots on approach. Really had hoped the Alias would compliment the Theory with a little overstability to it. But they're both straighter than I expected.

I dared to say it was a slower buzzz in the other thread when someone asked but yeah. Glad to aee you're alive snappy fingers.

Yeah, slower Buzzz, I'll buy that. Straighter too. The wing config looks like it should be at least slightly OS, but it's not.

Took a break...from the internet in general.

Is this what most people are seeing? I've been debating retrying the alias to get a mid set up of theory,alias,matrix. But I don't want too much overlap.

Is this what most people are seeing? I've been debating retrying the alias to get a mid set up of theory,alias,matrix. But I don't want too much overlap.

How does the matrix fly for you? The alias will not have the fade but a seasoned matrix might be a wash.

I bag the theory for US and vector which is even more OS currently unless the matrix gets retooled as marketed, it for sure isnt the most OS MVP mid...alias would fit right in the middle of my setup but always been a tangent fan for the hyzer flip style and can crush a ion/proxy so the alias always got lost in the mix.

How does the matrix fly for you? The alias will not have the fade but a seasoned matrix might be a wash.

I bag the theory for US and vector which is even more OS currently unless the matrix gets retooled as marketed, it for sure isnt the most OS MVP mid...alias would fit right in the middle of my setup but always been a tangent fan for the hyzer flip style and can crush a ion/proxy so the alias always got lost in the mix.

Matrix is kinda funky because I can power it up and get a bit of turn and gradual but consistent fade. When it's thrown on approaches or under 225' it has more of a hookup fade and no turn.

I too get my proxy out pretty far for my distance and envy is right their too. I'm really just trying to force a "same feel" mid lineup but I really don't have a need for much between envy/proxy and my fairways.

Matrix is kinda funky because I can power it up and get a bit of turn and gradual but consistent fade. When it's thrown on approaches or under 225' it has more of a hookup fade and no turn.

I too get my proxy out pretty far for my distance and envy is right their too. I'm really just trying to force a "same feel" mid lineup but I really don't have a need for much between envy/proxy and my fairways.

Yeah, faster putters really start to bridge that gap. I'll always have a couple mids in my bag though. For driving medium-long holes if nothing else.

Latest posts