• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

I hope axiom makes a Series of discs that follow the stabilities of the Proxy / Envy. I think the Alias is probably a longer Proxy/Envy, its stable enough to hold straight. A disc a little more overstability than the alias for a mid would be solid (like a Wasp-ish or even buzzz OS) I guess the Theory covers understable plenty.

The Crave is a fairly straight disc but it doesn't ride a laser line like the Alias. And I'm not a fan of the Clash, i should try it again but for me the Crave wins out every time and they are too similar. I think the WRATH is like a driver with the stability of a Envy (if you will, clearly more fade but its a driver) The Vanish I didn't click with. Defy is nice but isn't really a max D disc. I'd love to see a driver that will have #'s like 12/5/-1/2 like, true to those #'s tho. A lighter Defy would be ok, but still think the bite fade at the end limits true distance. Anyway, I'm a Gyro fan now

I'm sure you'll get your wish. MVP already has those potential Axiom discs you're talking about...Matrix, Octane. Axiom versions likely to follow.

Got a second Alias today, this time Proton. It's totally flat vs my Neutron with slight dome. It also has "bead" protruding out below the OM, way more than the tiny one on the Neutron. I'm hoping both these attributes will add some stability and maybe even some LSS(crosses fingers). Haven't thrown it yet.

And AIM, this Proton is gummy, grippy and quite flexible. It's a red/yellow...yellow OM has some redish swirls too. Me likey. :D

I really like my Alias so far. Great straight flyer but holds a line really well.

Honestly though I'd probably use a Proxy instead if it was offered in Proton.

It will be interesting if your P Alias is more stable. I've had 2 P's and 2 N's and both the N's were more stable than the P's, regardless of weight. All of mine were stiff, and can't compare the bead now as I've lost 2 of them.

I'm going to throw the new beaded(lol) Proton Alias today, alongside a Neutron that's still pretty new. The Neutron is fadeless. Will see...

as people call the matrix the longer envy ( only had a couple throw with the matrix) i would call the alias the longer proxy.

Matrix is really a longer E atom. My matrix had some noticeable turn after a little wear, while Envy's tend to lose their fade and never really develop any turn. I think for envy it goes envy-volt-wrath, while proxy kinda goes from alias to octane.

I finally got my mitts on one of these thanks to some sucker discerning gentleman that turned loose of one to PIAS. It's a rad as hell color combo too, pink overmold on orange proton core. 175g and has clearly been well loved but it's buttery straight. What an unheralded midrange. Yeah, it's pretty much like everybody has said, a little slower putter-esque speed, very solid HSS and soft LSS. It's a range finder, not a distance gobbler.

I have no idea if it'll stick in my MVP/Axiom bag. The domey Vector pretty much has my OS slot on lockdown, the Axis is still a magical hyzer-flipper and the Theory is so usefully US. It's not remarkably good at anything but it has the potential to be gap hitting machine in the woods so it could stick (yeah, I know, I still need to try a Proxy/Envy for this). I thought the Matrix might fill that role but that disc releases late for me for some reason and smashes the first tree on the right too much.

I finally got my mitts on one of these thanks to some sucker discerning gentleman that turned loose of one to PIAS. It's a rad as hell color combo too, pink overmold on orange proton core. 175g and has clearly been well loved but it's buttery straight. What an unheralded midrange. Yeah, it's pretty much like everybody has said, a little slower putter-esque speed, very solid HSS and soft LSS. It's a range finder, not a distance gobbler.

I have no idea if it'll stick in my MVP/Axiom bag. The domey Vector pretty much has my OS slot on lockdown, the Axis is still a magical hyzer-flipper and the Theory is so usefully US. It's not remarkably good at anything but it has the potential to be gap hitting machine in the woods so it could stick (yeah, I know, I still need to try a Proxy/Envy for this). I thought the Matrix might fill that role but that disc releases late for me for some reason and smashes the first tree on the right too much.

Sounds right. Fantasticalishmid but no real need here. It handles some power very well in the HSS department without really caring about release angle which is always nice in this stooopid heavy midrange dg world.

Not seeing this addressed in the last few pages, so here goes.

Looking for additional options for stable/neutral FH mids. Alias is presently at the top of a short list of stuff I haven't tried in this role but could be interested in. An envy or atom will be tough to best in this role, especially when paired with a zone or mortar or the like, so keep in mind I've considered the more obvious choices.

How does the Alias respond to a flick? I understand I could easily go with something a click more stable with more fade to hide any inconsistencies in form, but at present I'm hunting down that elusive combination of solid 0 turn with little fade in a mid. Or alternatively just throw something more like a 0/2 hard and low and let it bury itself before the fade kicks in. Still though, interested in straight, controlled, non-driver FH options.

At this point, it's looking like:

Dagger putter
Dagger thrower

P Spin

N/P Atom
Zone

Vertex
Axis
Vector

…I was thinking about going Alias over the Axis, and then maybe a Mortar/AviarX3 combo over the zone. This will probably still change some, but yeah. The other advantage of the 1.1mm gyro putters is the small diameter paired with relatively good distance potential. I wish you'd see more small diameter stable/neutral mids, really.

So the Alias was my favorite mid when I got it. It replaced an Axis I had lost and I never looked back. It is so point and shoot perfect. When I lost my first Alias on an ace run that went too long into a creek (in January), I bought 2 more to replace it. Then bought a third just because. I can hit pretty much any line any time with it. And watching it in flight, so smooth, it's a thing of beauty.

But, I stopped carrying it.

The thing is, the Proxy is everything the Alias is, but more rangeable. I can throw it just about as far, probably within 10-20' on average, and honestly, there have been times I have thrown the Proxy further, but the Proxy also powers down so much better.

I will still throw the Alias on one disc rounds for the extra distance it gets me, but otherwise, it just gets outclassed by the Proxy.

But that's me, and I only carry 6 discs per round. You may like the Alias and something like a Proxy. They are similar, but can exist in the same universe.

Latest posts