• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

It looks like it starts off wide and gets tighter towards the basket. Crave perfect disc for this shot. High speed stable no low speed fade :thmbup:

Im not exactly sure. I feel like it would be a tight drive with my truck down the fairway but manageable.

Looks less than 20 feet for sure. Next time I'm up there I'm going to try and play it.

Last time I was in MN it was about a year ago with 2ft+ of snow on the ground so I opted to play shorter courses like Robbin Island and Bald Eagle with Martin Dewgartia.

Tap in 3 on the infamous #4 BRP 444' Par 4 thanks to a laser beam line drive from my crave. Had a legit shot at 2. :doh: Felt good being first round in a long time and in full snow gear. If you dont have a seasoned crave... you dont even know!

39801_l.jpg

This is a hole where I would throw my Proxy 200' twice, and then putt, lol...

First time throwing a Crave today. Proton plastic 169g. I am (was) a Teebird/Eagle guy. I'd say this disc sits right in the middle of those two, which is EXACLTY what I was looking for. Fought a steady headwind well (better than any Teebird I've owned) but not impossible to throw downwind either. I think I am really going to mesh with this disc.

Did more testing today. Good God almighty. Goodbye Teebird, hello Crave. It definitely flies more like a Teebird than an Eagle (at least for me) but It seems to want to stay in the air more than a Teebird does. Seems more consistent. Slightly longer. Less fade. But better at fighting wind. I've just had two days with it but I'm already dubbing this disc my favorite in my bag. Wish I had thrown MVP/Axiom sooner.

I also am digging Proton plastic. I am a Champion type plastic guy and I really think this Proton is just a touch more tacky than Champion. I've read Neutron is the most popular but I'll be stocking up on Protons, that is for sure.

Fanboying pretty hard right now Mike. But it's cool you love the disc. I like it too, aced the first day I took my watermelon crave to the course in fact.

To say the crave is better than a teebird though... Debatable, especially because your comparing two different discs.

What your describing, exactly, is a TL. You described the crave being longer and less fade. That's the TL description. Not teebird.

Yes very excited to throw some new discs that I have not tried. Especially this Crave. And it is always a huge excitement when you find something you like more than something you previously swore by. Teebirds are a staple in my bag at the moment.

Eh, I would disagree with you there IDisc, TL does not fight wind like a Teebird. Crave fights it better. At least so far, in my very limited experience. So, for me, that is the bigger comparing point. By longer, I mean a few feet longer than a Teebird. It's range is comparable to my beloved Teebirds.
I'd say, in terms of flight, (of course skipping a few disc molds, since Innova has so many), the Crave is on the other side of Teebird for stability. Such asn Eagle, Crave, Teebird, TL.
But, you are right in that the flight charts have the TL and Crave nearly identical. But, I really don't trust flight charts all that much.

Last edited:
I have 175 and 173 neutron crave and don't trust either one in the wind. But I don't see why I'd have to throw it into the wind when there is resistor or motion.

You must be talking some gale force headwinds if you are switching from Crave to Resistor. I do the same, Teebird to Resistor, if the wind is insane. I switch to Eagle if the wind isn't THAT strong, but still a nuisance. Light to semi-moderate, I am using a fresh Champ Teebird. Calm, I am using a beat champ teebird. Those conditions, with those discs, produce some very straight lines for myself.

Another reason I am so excited, if I can eliminate the Eagle from my bag, if the Crave continues to handle moderate headwinds for me, I open up a bag slot for something else.

Last edited:
Anyone able to give me a CRAVE vs STALKER comparison here?

its been a while since I've thrown a stalker. I would say the crave is longer with more glide and has less fade. the stalker is a little better in the wind, where the crave will get blown a little off its line the stalker will hold its line in the same wind. the crave feels better in the hand to me as well.

Fanboying pretty hard right now Mike. But it's cool you love the disc. I like it too, aced the first day I took my watermelon crave to the course in fact.

To say the crave is better than a teebird though... Debatable, especially because your comparing two different discs.

What your describing, exactly, is a TL. You described the crave being longer and less fade. That's the TL description. Not teebird.

Not like every teebird is a 11xcal mold lol. Come on'

Stalker is actually longer, with more glide. They are very similar discs in flight, but I consistently get more distance from the Stalker when thrown back to back. I think the wider diameter is what helps the glide/distance. Honestly though, they're very close and the biggest difference is feel. The Crave might be slightly more HSS.

Stalker is actually longer, with more glide. They are very similar discs in flight, but I consistently get more distance from the Stalker when thrown back to back. I think the wider diameter is what helps the glide/distance. Honestly though, they're very close and the biggest difference is feel. The Crave might be slightly more HSS.

I was worried this kind of reply might happen. Now I have to spend $$$.

Would you say the Crave can handle a hyzer FH throw? Or would it just turn and burn?

Would you say the Crave can handle a hyzer FH throw? Or would it just turn and burn?

Why would it turn and burn? Especially since he just said MORE high speed stability than the Stalker . . .

During the MST tantrum sale I got a Clash when I think what I wanted was a Crave. I am not feeling the Clash yet. Way overstable for me. Anyone want to trade?

The question was worth asking. He said they are very close. :gross:

:confused: huh? Crave goes straight and handles torque well. No one has ever said anything about a crave being understable. If anything most start a little OS.

Depends on thw stalker. Not all have glide off the shelf and some even a little OS like titanium were when released. The stalker is larger diameter and smaller rim so easier to get up to speed.

How far does the stalker go vs crave? Seems weird. Craves fly like a volt to me with more glide/less fade. All the 7 speed MVP molds go far IMO. Stalkers are fine but feel like a tweener as wannabe teebird/leo

Last edited:

Latest posts