• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

I feel like Steve Buscemi in that, "hello fellow kids" meme lol...I sold off all but two patent pendings and they're all I know. Not sure if lucky or screwed?

Based upon all of your personal flight numbers, what would my "PFN PP" Craves fly like?

I did some field work with distance drivers yesterday, but also threw all my Craves. Here's what I had:

PP beat neutron Crave (one of the original testers MVP sent out, never left the bag)
PP seasoned neutron Crave
PP gently used x out neutron Crave
PP Proton Crave
PP Plasma Crave
PP Plasma Crave 168
Cosmic Neutron

All are max weight except the 168 plasma.

The three neutrons all started out around 0/1 for turn and fade.

The beat neutron is now around -1.5/0.5
The seasoned neutron around -0.5/1
The x out is around 0/1 still.

The proton flies 0/1 like the freshest neutron. Makes sense as its hardly been thrown.

The plasmas are both -1/1, and were like that from day 1.

The cosmic is not as overstable as this thread had me expecting. It flies closer to the plasmas for me than the neutrons.

I like the 0/1 flying PP craves myself. I think lower power players would get straighter flights out of my plasmas.

Think I'm sticking with Neutrons bought in person so I can specifically look for high PLH. The plasmas are less predictable for me than seasoned neutrons.

YMMV. I tend to use mine in the 230-300' range forehand, and 320-420' range backhand. I mainly use them for straight to fade shots where I want less fade and skip than something like a resistor or wrath, but want to fly a lower line than my mids are the best choice for.

I'd say in general, I agree with Mike on PP Craves. The first run of Plasma I threw were a little less stable than the others, however, there is at least one run of PP Plasma Craves that are more 0/2. I still have a very beat 168 PP Plasma Crave that flies 0/1.5. I also have a Neutron that was pretty similar. I think I might give PP Craves just a little more fade out of the box in general, something like 0/1.5, but I also can't throw mine 420' so YMMV.

New Craves are more like what the old Inspires flew like. -1/1 to -2/1 depending on the run. However, the newest run of Plasma Craves flies a lot like the PP Craves at 0/1.5 or so.

I did some field work with distance drivers yesterday, but also threw all my Craves. Here's what I had:

PP beat neutron Crave (one of the original testers MVP sent out, never left the bag)
PP seasoned neutron Crave
PP gently used x out neutron Crave
PP Proton Crave
PP Plasma Crave
PP Plasma Crave 168
Cosmic Neutron

All are max weight except the 168 plasma.

The three neutrons all started out around 0/1 for turn and fade.

The beat neutron is now around -1.5/0.5
The seasoned neutron around -0.5/1
The x out is around 0/1 still.

The proton flies 0/1 like the freshest neutron. Makes sense as its hardly been thrown.

The plasmas are both -1/1, and were like that from day 1.

The cosmic is not as overstable as this thread had me expecting. It flies closer to the plasmas for me than the neutrons.

I like the 0/1 flying PP craves myself. I think lower power players would get straighter flights out of my plasmas.

Think I'm sticking with Neutrons bought in person so I can specifically look for high PLH. The plasmas are less predictable for me than seasoned neutrons.

YMMV. I tend to use mine in the 230-300' range forehand, and 320-420' range backhand. I mainly use them for straight to fade shots where I want less fade and skip than something like a resistor or wrath, but want to fly a lower line than my mids are the best choice for.

For me the grip was the deciding factor, had to go proton

Latest posts