• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

I noted with some alarm I now have 19 Craves so took them to the field for a Crave off. Three throws each BH and one throw sidearm.

Results were ...

"Old" Neutron Craves ... pre-Hokom I assume. have two of these in the 170's. These definitely turn more than any other Craves I own. These also feel a little more "chunky" in the hand. That could be my imagination, but the other Craves all feel flatter.
R2 Neutron Craves ... picked up three of these with recent PDGA renewals that the owners didn't want. These are pretty fresh, but they turn a little and give a nice baby S flight.
Cosmic Neutron Craves ... two of these ... they seem board flat and very straight.
Proton Craves ... two of these. They don't turn and fade very predictably. They fly very much like my Clashes.
Plasma Craves ... two of these ... just straight with baby fade. Possibly a little turn.
Fission Craves ... two of these ... hint of turn, very straight, seem to go a little further than any other Craves.
Hokom Craves ... six of these ... all over the place. Some are OS, some turn and fade. Not sure why the inconsistency. Probably the archer and not the arrow.

Sidearm sees a bit more turn than BH ... IF ... I hit the release angle right. Then they fly like a Sarah Hokom sidearm and it's lovely. But my sidearm is a work in progress and not the most reliable yet.

Interesting results. I wonder if you just got a freak run of patent pending Craves. All but 1 PP Crave I've thrown have been Teebird like. I can get them to turn, but thrown flat they are straight to fade. I have several Hokoms that are somewhat all over the place, but none as stable as my PP Craves. I have 2 of the newest Plasma Craves, and these fly closest to the PP Craves. Straight with a bit of fade.

But in my experience, the stability of MVP discs is much more to do with the run than the plastic. I have tons of Envies for instance, and while one of my Eclipse Envies is my most stable, another Eclipse Envy is my least stable, and that's including Electron.

I wonder if you just got a freak run of patent pending Craves.

I've heard this PP Crave term before but I'm not sure I understand exactly what it means.

I also ran these Craves against my 11 Relays/Servos and there wasn't a lot of difference. The Relays are laser straight (my oldest turns a tiny, tiny bit after a year in the bag) and the Servos fly like lasters as well, but fade at the end. There was probably a 20' spread in distance (~285').

I'm looking for something that will thread through a woods line and come back. I may need to look again at my Insanity collection for a little more turn. Or just hope the Rhythm gets here soon!

My 32 disc field test (didn't mention the two Signals) also confirmed the GURU SIGR bag can hold 32 fairway drivers! :D

Interesting results. I wonder if you just got a freak run of patent pending Craves. All but 1 PP Crave I've thrown have been Teebird like. I can get them to turn, but thrown flat they are straight to fade. I have several Hokoms that are somewhat all over the place, but none as stable as my PP Craves. I have 2 of the newest Plasma Craves, and these fly closest to the PP Craves. Straight with a bit of fade.

But in my experience, the stability of MVP discs is much more to do with the run than the plastic. I have tons of Envies for instance, and while one of my Eclipse Envies is my most stable, another Eclipse Envy is my least stable, and that's including Electron.

Sample size of one, but my PP Plasma Crave is very Teebird-ish. I have a very beat up PP Proton I got in a trade that is still fairly neutral. My Hokom Neutron is very very flippy and my more recent run Plasma is neutral and similar to my PP Proton. Both will stand up some on a hyzer where my PP Plasma will mostly hold the line.

I noted with some alarm I now have 19 Craves so took them to the field for a Crave off. Three throws each BH and one throw sidearm.

Results were ...

Hokom Craves ... six of these ... all over the place. Some are OS, some turn and fade. Not sure why the inconsistency. Probably the archer and not the arrow.

The first run of SH Neutron craves was the first run of neutron in the new MVP facility. This run came out significantly more US, and IMO, not a very useable US like a relay or leopard, but touchy. MVP noted this was adjustment to the new machines and runs since have been more straight-stable, middle of the road.

Agree on the others that PP's usually shouldn't be inclined to turn. They were like a mellow TB3 to me.

Need advice for what weight/plastic for my next crave. Just lost my fav Crave yesterday: I was a doofus and threw it exposing the bottom to a stiff cross wind and it sailed off to Narnia.

It was a 165 Proton starting to become nicely seasoned. I was loving how much distance and high speed turn I was starting to get with it. Thinking about trying out Fission, Neutron or Plasma plastic. For reference, I throw them 300' max, and if I get a perfect throw/flat release I get the -1/1 flight out of it.

I really Love that -1 high speed turn, but still having the LSS to fight out of a flex or accidental turnover.

Any thoughts?

Need advice for what weight/plastic for my next crave. Just lost my fav Crave yesterday: I was a doofus and threw it exposing the bottom to a stiff cross wind and it sailed off to Narnia.

It was a 165 Proton starting to become nicely seasoned. I was loving how much distance and high speed turn I was starting to get with it. Thinking about trying out Fission, Neutron or Plasma plastic. For reference, I throw them 300' max, and if I get a perfect throw/flat release I get the -1/1 flight out of it.

I really Love that -1 high speed turn, but still having the LSS to fight out of a flex or accidental turnover.

Any thoughts?

I would probably stick with a similar weight Proton of a newer run, or a Neutron Hokom. The newest runs of Plasma seem to be a little more stable than you're looking for. Fission is straighter. more like 7/5/0/1.

I've heard this PP Crave term before but I'm not sure I understand exactly what it means.

If you flip the disc over and look around the center there should be a "patent pending" molded in there, I think all the PP's were also PFN (pre flight numbers).. So if theres flight numbers on the top it's one of the turnier generation.

I hope you find the right insanity or your rhythm breaks in. My rhythm is a fairly straight shooter in the woods, I'd call it a good crave kinda straight stable stability with more glide.. I find it very forgiving with the turn and late panning fade. Of my 171g domeys: 1 of mine is there, 1 is close, the next needs more work and the flat SE 160 I wonder how many throws it will take to get it to the #3 spot (50? 100? Never?)

I would probably stick with a similar weight Proton of a newer run, or a Neutron Hokom. The newest runs of Plasma seem to be a little more stable than you're looking for. Fission is straighter. more like 7/5/0/1.

If you flip the disc over and look around the center there should be a "patent pending" molded in there, I think all the PP's were also PFN (pre flight numbers).. So if theres flight numbers on the top it's one of the turnier generation.

What would you say is the most overstable version of Crave these days? I only have one heavy Crave left a flat PP/PFN 175 Proton and love it (2nd favorite I've owned behind my late great watermelon).

What would you say is the most overstable version of Crave these days? I only have one heavy Crave left a flat PP/PFN 175 Proton and love it (2nd favorite I've owned behind my late great watermelon).

Sorry man, I got out of the crave game.. Went with some light PP fission volts for a while.. And some neutrons... gave up and got a stable of Teslas.. I'm all old Intel.

ugh my new Plasma Crave is a DX Banshee replacement contender, not the TL numbers it's stamped with.

But I don't have the power or technique MVP seems to require so you can probably safely ignore my opinion :|

ugh my new Plasma Crave is a DX Banshee replacement contender, not the TL numbers it's stamped with.

But I don't have the power or technique MVP seems to require so you can probably safely ignore my opinion :|

Ha! No, that's perfect. I almost responded in the Eagle thread about how I used to pair worn/beat DX Banshees as a turnover fairway with my Champions (some years back now). I know the DX Banshee quite well so comparing the Plasma Crave to a new one gives me a fair deal of information.

Ha! No, that's perfect. I almost responded in the Eagle thread about how I used to pair worn/beat DX Banshees as a turnover fairway with my Champions (some years back now). I know the DX Banshee quite well so comparing the Plasma Crave to a new one gives me a fair deal of information.

I'd say more new Banshee than beat in Banshee. Again probably the user.

I can get Passions to fly 8/5/-1/1 no problem though :\

I'd say more new Banshee than beat in Banshee. Again probably the user.

I can get Passions to fly 8/5/-1/1 no problem though :\

I've noticed a similar problem with almost all of my MVP/Axiom discs being more OS than advertised, except for the Hex, which is pretty close to spot on. My Fission Crave either doesn't flip up at all from hyzer, or it flips right over, so that's an outlier as well. I wish I could get my Passions to fly -1,1 but they're either -2, .5 or -.5, 2.

Hardly exhaustive analysis, but I just played my first round with a Plasma Crave in the bag. I can throw it forehand which I absolutely cannot, with proton or neutron. Definitely a little more stable in its behavior than its friends. Long straight and wonderfully neutral.

I bought 2 recent run Plasmas from DFX that are very close in stability to my PP Craves. I bought the ones with the Graffiti bar stamp. They're selling them at base price, no mark up for the special stamp, and they have a few left. Since all those Graffiti stamps are likely the same run, I think you could trust those to be stable. I can't guarantee the other Plasmas will be the same because sometimes old and new stock gets mixed up.

I came in here to ask if there's a plastic that's more stable then Neutron and Cosmic Neutron for the Crave, but it seems Plasma might be the answer?

My N and CN Craves is hyzer flip to straight or turnovers if thrown flat, I really wish they had some more stability since they sit so well in my hand. If so I wouldn't have to bag another mold for that.

I came in here to ask if there's a plastic that's more stable then Neutron and Cosmic Neutron for the Crave, but it seems Plasma might be the answer?

My N and CN Craves is hyzer flip to straight or turnovers if thrown flat, I really wish they had some more stability since they sit so well in my hand. If so I wouldn't have to bag another mold for that.

Well, first, plastic doesn't equal stability. You can't tell just by blend. From what I've heard, there are some new Neutron Craves that are as stable as the recent Plasma. Makes me think they were probably run at the same time. But in general, it's best to try to find the flight you want based on the run. There's not a lot left, but you can get one of the ones I've found to be most stable from DFX here. https://dfxdiscs.com/collections/graffiti-bar-stamp/products/axiom-plasma-crave-graffiti

Well, first, plastic doesn't equal stability. You can't tell just by blend. From what I've heard, there are some new Neutron Craves that are as stable as the recent Plasma. Makes me think they were probably run at the same time. But in general, it's best to try to find the flight you want based on the run. There's not a lot left, but you can get one of the ones I've found to be most stable from DFX here. https://dfxdiscs.com/collections/graffiti-bar-stamp/products/axiom-plasma-crave-graffiti

Thanks! If that's the case I'd rather fill that slot with another mold instead of chasing runs.

Thanks! If that's the case I'd rather fill that slot with another mold instead of chasing runs.

Totally understandable. The MVP family has a pretty good spread of 6.5 speed fairways (all with 1.65cm rims).

A good chunk of Servos have a noticeable bit more stability than the average Crave. It'd still be a bit of run chasing though.

And if you haven't mixed in Resistors, they should hopefully still feel pretty similar. And they're much more stable. (Usually more Firebird than Teebird though.)

And you can always give in to a fatter rim (Volt), or another company (Teebirds are classic for a reason).