• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

My buddy was big stalker/pd guy but has replaced both with a volt. Hes a noodle too so cant imagine much distance differences from stalkers to craves. He just throws a buzzz or volt.

It's fun not only NOT staring at a big bag of discs, one disc for every shot. But having neutral stable discs and not thinking about the disc to throw, rather how to throw the disc is a fun way to tackle a course. I got pretty zen there :D

And of course, I'm not saying I do it :p but rather like the thought

Honestly when you learn to throw any disc... They all do work' stable lower speed molds are legit due to how they season but i find higher speed mold with a little turn to do WORK vs 0 hss

Last edited:
I was worried this kind of reply might happen. Now I have to spend $$$.

Would you say the Crave can handle a hyzer FH throw? Or would it just turn and burn?

I'm not the best person to ask on FH. I very rarely FH anything and I like a slightly deeper rim when I do. I can't FH the Crave well at all. From a BH perspective, the Crave feels better in the hand to me, but FH, I can only throw the Stalker. I think the discs are redundant though. The difference is too minor to carry both.

I'm not the best person to ask on FH. I very rarely FH anything and I like a slightly deeper rim when I do. I can't FH the Crave well at all. From a BH perspective, the Crave feels better in the hand to me, but FH, I can only throw the Stalker. I think the discs are redundant though. The difference is too minor to carry both.

I think it's going to be a matter of me getting a hold of one and seeing how it feels in the hand. That's so important. I might be able to check one out at my PIAS.

I found my max weight proton Crave to be the most stable out of the few I have. I love it for flicks, it gets great d too

If your technique is good, most MVP discs will fly nice with a FH. There is a video of MikeC throwing FH craves somewhere around here...

Last edited:
Whatever the combination, you have to have a Resistor in there. I always liked the disc but when I played this past weekend and the wind was a serious factor I drove with that disc on nearly every hole.

Most important post in DGCR history. :thmbup:

Crave/Resistor is a DANGEROUS fairway duo.

I've been using both of them since their release and there are few discs that I am more comfortable just ripping into than these two. The Resistor is amazing for all hyzer work and the Crave is about reliable as it gets for Buzzz-like shots out of a driver. I can put all kinds of power onto them and know they'll just cruise straight for an eternity.

Crave/Resistor is a DANGEROUS fairway duo.

I've been using both of them since their release and there are few discs that I am more comfortable just ripping into than these two. The Resistor is amazing for all hyzer work and the Crave is about reliable as it gets for Buzzz-like shots out of a driver. I can put all kinds of power onto them and know they'll just cruise straight for an eternity.

I think this is the fairway set-up I'm going to switch to. The Stalker has been a very good disc to me but I think the Crave is going to replace it. The Stalker's larger diameter and mini-bead aren't ideal for FH shots.

Played a round today and looking back on it... Every single one of my tee shots with a driver (backhand and forehand) were with one of my Reptar stamped Proton Craves. They're amazing. Perfectly HSS with a small but predictable fade... Backhand and forehand, in tail/head/cross winds. Extremely special mold.

I need to revisit the crave. Whenever I throw it I get pissed it's too damn straight. Waiting and waiting for the fade to kick in and oops it's blown past my target. For me it is also squirrley in the wind gets tossed off line. It's probably my fault not the craves but I find that wth a heavy and light clash and leopards in my bag the crave is sidelined.

Now I'm not a Crave guy. At least not yet anyway. This disc just might be gorgeous enough to change my mind. Sparkle baby blue core and matching overmold. Gonna throw after dinner to see if she flies as good as she looks

Back from the field test pitting a max weight N and this Plasma Crave against each other. To be honest, I never bagged the Crave, so it was more of a revisit of sorts. The Plasma has a little more glide and a bit less low speed stability. This new version has a very straight flight, up to around 250-270 for my arm. Out of the two tested, the Plasma was definitely my favorite. Feel and profile wise, they are nearly identical. The grip is a little different, due to the plastic of course, but the Crave does feel good in the hand.

Crave throwers will be impressed by this offering.

I was as well, but there's only so much room in a Gecko. ;)

Dang, that is gorgeous. Glad to hear it has more glide. Crave is my most used driver. This will give me an excuse to bag 3.

Yea looking at your sig I can definitely see this as your workhorse.

Threw a new skulboy plasma around for a while yesterday and pretty much just a crave. I found it to fly exactly how you would expect with no turn and not much fade. Ive had a few slightly OS to US craves but this one is on point. The plasma plastic feels really nice and noticed the 150 class i ordered have the cool plasma looking gyro rims!

Latest posts