• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

Crave has officially kicked the volt out of my bag. The subtle turn the Crave has gives it a little extra D, but still has a very dependable yet workable flight to it. Been mashing my crave out past 360 almost every time. Sucks cause I can't find a distance driver that'll consistently go over 400 for me so there's too much overlap with the crave... good problem to have I guess :D

I can definitely see this happening.

Yeah, I might tinker with my gyro bag and put the Crave in and the Clash out. I might have overlap with my Insanity though, which is just a tick more understable. Hmm.

Glad to get some responses from everyone.

It was nice to hear a lot of people who like this disc. Maybe mine is flukey (170 proton)
I know my description was kinda odd. Someone said it was weird to put firebird and crave in the same sentence, but I swear it flew like a 6,3,-1,3 kind of disc. (I was trying to say it dumped like a firebird at the end, but I could get it to fly straight or turn at the beggining depending on release.

Maybe I'll give it another shot in the summer, but for now the FD is taking over my fairway drives. Iam able to get this thing to hold a frozen rope, an anny or a hyzer the whole way. The thunderbird is by beef complement.

Glad to get some responses from everyone.

It was nice to hear a lot of people who like this disc. Maybe mine is flukey (170 proton)
I know my description was kinda odd. Someone said it was weird to put firebird and crave in the same sentence, but I swear it flew like a 6,3,-1,3 kind of disc. (I was trying to say it dumped like a firebird at the end, but I could get it to fly straight or turn at the beggining depending on release.

Maybe I'll give it another shot in the summer, but for now the FD is taking over my fairway drives. Iam able to get this thing to hold a frozen rope, an anny or a hyzer the whole way. The thunderbird is by beef complement.

I had a proton right when the Crave came out that was like you're describing. That's why I gave up on the Crave and threw Servos for 4-5 years. The 2 Craves I just got recently, neutron and plasma, are very neutral flyers with a lot of glide. I don't know what the deal was with that proton. I throw the same now as then, so it was definitely the disc.

Maybe try another Crave in plasma?

I have 3 Craves in, one in each plastic, and they all fly the same. My friend got an N Crave though that is more OS for sure. There are some weird ones out there with extra fade, but they seem to be pretty few and far between.

For me my Craves, in all plastics, have thrown around 6/4/-0.25/2. Fresh they hardly show turn in calm conditions, even past 400' BH / 350' FH. As they season, they develop amazing glide, a little more high speed turn, and the fade lessens a tad. My go to Crave is more like 6/5/-0.75/1.5 now.

Also, I'll just leave this here ;)

For me my Craves, in all plastics, have thrown around 6/4/-0.25/2. Fresh they hardly show turn in calm conditions, even past 400' BH / 350' FH. As they season, they develop amazing glide, a little more high speed turn, and the fade lessens a tad. My go to Crave is more like 6/5/-0.75/1.5 now.

Also, I'll just leave this here ;)

My Plasma and Neutron Craves are more like 6/5/0/0.5. The fade's hardly there. I really didn't expect this. Both are brand new and only thrown at a grass field maybe a dozen times each.

For reference I hyzer-flip anything understable, been doing it for 9 years. The HSS of the Crave is why I can throw them flat and hard, while keeping them very straight.

Sweet throw on the video! Fun to see a disc fly like that. Nice putt too, lol.

Last edited:
Newish MVP thrower. Crave on the list as I am putting together an all MVP bag. Apparently a lot people like this one to generate so many responses.

First impressions.. Flat. Small rim. Plasma plastic is just nice looking.

First throws. Neither overstable or understable. Some turn. Healthy fade at the very end of the flight.

Not as much glide as I heard. Leaning more understable than I thought it would be for a fairway.

I don't know how to categorize this one.

What I like. Small rim, ideal for fairway accuracies. It is very consistent. Found my two tester discs in the same region more times than not. Almost reminded me of when I tested the longbowmans that they were dam near on top of each other. Meaning super consistent.

What I don't like. Could have some more glide for a straight shooter. Doesn't seem that long. Threw it along side my PD's for distance comparisons and it wasn't even close.

So the jury is out. Certainly not a disc I fell in love with after the first field test.

But it could win me over if it continues to be as consistent as it was during the field testing today.

Attachments

• crave 002.jpg
    crave 002.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I haven't really thrown a lot of plasma outside of my tangent, so I could be off with this statement. According to other's experience the plasma plastic, in general, seems to have a tick more turn and a tick less glide. Maybe try to lightly rub your crave on a teepad to age it a bit, just don't go overboard. That may help you get a little more glide without changing the overall flight, too much.

My Plasma Crave seems to have a little better glide than my Neutron, probably cuz it isn't quite as flat.

...I agree with about 75% of the Doctor's comments above, except for glide and distance. I mean the Crave isn't going to be as long as a PD properly powered up, that's just silly. Compare it to other speed 6-7 FD's and it will crush most on distance. IME anyway...

It's a 1.8 cm rim, right?

Not really what I'd call speed 6. 7 maybe, a la the 1.8 cm banshee. But the banshee is blunt af, so it has an excuse. Not familiar enough with the crave geometry to make that call, but I'd bet it fits solidly in speed 8 territory.

My beat in gstar Teebirds were just a bit longer due to less stability. I think the crave is a good disc, but I think it flies as far as it's thrown....no farther. It never was particularly amazed. Given time it'll probably season into an amazing hyzerflip disc that carries a long way, just like a teebird.

Last edited:
It's a 1.8 cm rim, right?

Not really what I'd call speed 6. 7 maybe, a la the 1.8 cm banshee. But the banshee is blunt af, so it has an excuse. Not familiar enough with the crave geometry to make that call, but I'd bet it fits solidly in speed 8 territory.

My beat in gstar Teebirds were just a bit longer due to less stability. I think the crave is a good disc, but I think it flies as far as it's thrown....no farther. It never was particularly amazed. Given time it'll probably season into an amazing hyzerflip disc that carries a long way, just like a teebird.

1.7, doesn't have a sharp wing either. Speed 7 is probably right. I don't think it's longer than a Teebird, but most other true fairway drivers with that rim size, yeah. Try some full power drives off the teepad, Koda, and you'll see another gear kick in and watch the Crave get nice and far out there. It's lack of fade under power helps stretch out the distance.

It's something about the glide combined with just the right amount of turn and a late small fade, these things go boom... back before I threw mine into a lake, actually three holes prior, I overthrew a 364 foot hole by at least 25-30 feet off a FH drive with the crave... which is unheard of for me. The turn doesn't really get too much more extreme when powered into, so it's really dependable on those power drives as well as powered down touch/line shaping shots

It's something about the glide combined with just the right amount of turn and a late small fade, these things go boom... back before I threw mine into a lake, actually three holes prior, I overthrew a 364 foot hole by at least 25-30 feet off a FH drive with the crave... which is unheard of for me. The turn doesn't really get too much more extreme when powered into, so it's really dependable on those power drives as well as powered down touch/line shaping shots

Sounds like my seasoned Neutron. Just frozen ropes all day with this thing. The glide is sneaky b/c it fades forward so much, got me a nice easy deuce this weekend on a sweeping hyzer hole.

If I had to pick a best quality from what I know of the Crave, it's consistent. It's not flashy, not long, not particularly special. It just gets the job done, throw after throw. And from a fairway driver, that's really what you need.

Latest posts