• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I has no desire to troll you or anyone else, not my thing. Can't a guy like a certain plastic for different reasons. I like Ions and Envys. I want one in each plastic. So what I'm Greedy like that. I typically carry at least 6 putters. It's usually my most thrown disc in every round.

Picked up my first Alias and Theory at a store today...that actually stocks MVP/Axiom. It was nice to buy in person again instead of online crapshoot. Gonna find out what the Theory can do that the Tangent supposedly can't. Maybe it won't be such a fade monster like the Tangent. :rolleyes:

...both discs are Neutron, I don't throw that slick Proton sh1t!

Curious what you will think of the alias. That thing was like a proxy on roids to me where you could mash and it just went straight forever.. You already know how i feel about the theory. Tangent and theory work well together you will see, grasshopper.

Curious what you will think of the alias. That thing was like a proxy on roids to me where you could mash and it just went straight forever.. You already know how i feel about the theory. Tangent and theory work well together you will see, grasshopper.

Yep, excited to try the Alias finally. I hear it's a little faster than the Tangent, due to wing design. That alone should make me happy.

I can do nice smooth annies all day long with the Tangent, so I still don't see the point of the Theory. But, it was there sitting in the rack looking good, so I said wth, and grabbed it. Monocolor, pink on pink.

I like proton for the eclipse colors myself, they stand out so well. With the Axiom discs I'm throwing all Neutron or Plasma though. Seems a lot of Axiom drivers come in that softer blend of Neutron....huge fan of that stuff.

I like proton for the eclipse colors myself, they stand out so well.

Same here. My color vision (I think that's how it translates into English) isn't the greatest. The colors are bright and the white rims help during summer even if the core is more transparent. Though I have a yellow Eclipse Volt with neon effect that pops out like a light bulb from snow despite the white rim.

Envy and Proxy would be a nice starting point for some Eclipsed Axiom (but not with the hardest, slickest Proton ever used in the early MVP Eclipse cores).

My single Envy is getting really beat. I've had it in the bag for like one and a half year, so it's not exactly surprising. I have a use for it, but it can no longer fulful it's original role so I need to pick up a fresh one. How does the various plastic types affect the flight and durability when it comes to the Envy?

I've put a few months of use on every Envy plastic. Seems like the soft neutrons hold their fade the longest. Regular Neutrons and Protons beat in the fastest (Still takes a year of typical play to straighten one out).

I've recently switched over to Plasma and they're holding their stability well too, but its too early for me to say if they'll hold it longer than the softs. I'd go Plasma if you like firmer blends, soft neutron if you care more about fade than stiffness.

If you care about the shape...there are some FLAT hard Protons. The one I picked up is faster - it doesn't carry hyzer glide at the end quite as much as my stack of plasmas.

I've put a few months of use on every Envy plastic. Seems like the soft neutrons hold their fade the longest. Regular Neutrons and Protons beat in the fastest (Still takes a year of typical play to straighten one out).

I've recently switched over to Plasma and they're holding their stability well too, but its too early for me to say if they'll hold it longer than the softs. I'd go Plasma if you like firmer blends, soft neutron if you care more about fade than stiffness.

I'll 2nd all this. Soft Ns seem, to me, to have a little less glide, and don't really seem to season, that I can tell, in terms of changing the stability.

But I'll buy any beat Ns from anyone, as long as the color combo isn't too loopy. My beat up white/white is the best disc in my bag.

I have Envy's in Proton and Plasma. Love both of them. The Proton gets a bit slick sometimes, but it's such a reliable disc. Plasma is probably my favorite MVP/Axiom plastic. Grippy and flexible without being too soft.

I've been running a proton envy for the last couple months and loved it. Once it got cold out though it was way too slick and hard. Snagged a neutron soft and am just loving that thing.

Plasma beats in more than soft N. The Plasma I've been bagging since released has gotten a little straighter and longer. Still has reliable fade finish on hyzer release but on a hard flat rip it can stay pretty straight. My softs still fade like new with a lot more playing time on them.

I really hope that they eventually come out with a medium/firm electron plastic for the Envy. I think that would be a great combination for inside the circle.

I really hope that they eventually come out with a medium/firm electron plastic for the Envy. I think that would be a great combination for inside the circle.

While it would be nice. I don't really find much difference between the Envy and the Atom for putting. They are pretty darn close and really wouldn't fill in any gaps in the
MVP putter lineup.. I would much rather see an Electron Anode or a really OS putter like the Harp. The Soft Neutron Envy is almost Harp-like but it still lacks that consistent hard fade.

While it would be nice. I don't really find much difference between the Envy and the Atom for putting. They are pretty darn close and really wouldn't fill in any gaps in the
MVP putter lineup.. I would much rather see an Electron Anode or a really OS putter like the Harp. The Soft Neutron Envy is almost Harp-like but it still lacks that consistent hard fade.

Completely agree. I have thrown Harps and Soft Envy together and the Envy is just as high speed stable. Envy has a milder fade, although it is still a healthy one.

I keep meaning to throw my buddy's Atom, but my beat Neutron Envy flies so straight I figure why bother. I have no real desire for a Envy or Atom that turns over, but then again I may not be able to live without it once I have tried it.

4 real. The spin is pretty neat with same core as ion/anode. Super straight off the shelf at max wt. Reminds me of a slower theory like putter.

Ive always said atom is pretty much a baseline envy l when new and seasons into a proxy like flight.