• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

What are people using to bridge from the Envy to their drivers? This is a slot that I've had a really hard time nailing down since permanently bagging the Envy a couple of years ago. I've experimented with a few tweener type molds (Kaxe, Squall and Zombee) to avoid overlap with the Envy and the only one to really stick is the Squall but I find it's more of a finesse disc.

I'm looking for something that I can rip on like an Envy, feel confident that it's not going to drift right and not come back, but also not have a driver like fade at the end. Basically I want a longer Envy :p.

I also don't have a lot of access to feel up discs before I buy, looking for specific PLH's and such, so looking for a consistent mold. Also baseline plastics are a no-go due to the rugged nature of the courses I mostly play.

I used to love throwing Buzzzes and was thinking about going back that route. Maybe a Wasp? Too much overlap?

Maybe I'll just get rid of everything except Envys and Volts...

I was going to say Buzzz, especially Titanium Buzzz. Then going higher, a Champion Leopard3.
And then a TL or FD...

I feel your pain, wolfy. Does the Titanium Buzzz glide farther than an ESP buzzz or does that vary upon run/dome, etc.? Genuinely curious

I have a flat ESP buzzz, which I ended up taking out after getting Envy; somewhat similar flights and tended to throw Envy more so didn't make sense to carry another disc.

What are people using to bridge from the Envy to their drivers? This is a slot that I've had a really hard time nailing down since permanently bagging the Envy a couple of years ago. I've experimented with a few tweener type molds (Kaxe, Squall and Zombee) to avoid overlap with the Envy and the only one to really stick is the Squall but I find it's more of a finesse disc.

I'm looking for something that I can rip on like an Envy, feel confident that it's not going to drift right and not come back, but also not have a driver like fade at the end. Basically I want a longer Envy :p.

I also don't have a lot of access to feel up discs before I buy, looking for specific PLH's and such, so looking for a consistent mold. Also baseline plastics are a no-go due to the rugged nature of the courses I mostly play.

I used to love throwing Buzzzes and was thinking about going back that route. Maybe a Wasp? Too much overlap?

Maybe I'll just get rid of everything except Envys and Volts...

I bag 3 Envys, Kaxe, Squall and a Z Wasp. The Z Wasp is good for low lines with fade and skip shots... 2 things the Envy isnt great on.

By all means put a Wasp in your bag.

Last edited:
I go Envy - Inspire/Crave.

I do keep a N Alias in my bag for low power flips or occasional floating anny upshots, but really I just put it back in so my discs wouldn't flop around in my cart.. lol

I have no more use for mids. I do much better going right to the slower 6 speed fairways. It's Envy and Proxy/Atom, then right to the 6 speeds. Those putters have so much carry it's redundant for me to carry a 5 5 -1 1 midrange.

So if rhe envy is the driving putter what is the putting putter compliment?

I putted with old Beadless Aviar P&A's and Omega AP's for years. Tried Banger GT's but really don't care for deep or beaded putters. So I ended up putting an envy/proxy/atom

So if rhe envy is the driving putter what is the putting putter compliment?

I putted with old Beadless Aviar P&A's and Omega AP's for years. Tried Banger GT's but really don't care for deep or beaded putters. So I ended up putting an envy/proxy/atom

anode would be the direct crossover for aviar pna

Also putting with an Envy. Season a Neutron for a few years and you won't be disappointed ��. Seriously, the older Neutron blends season into perfect grip and firmness.

How are the Firm Electrons looking/feeling/flying, as compared to Electron [med] and soft, and premiums?

I have two Electrons [med] and they feel noticeably shallower than my premiums. Also, the 'bead' isn't as prominent (the plate mold doesn't protrude out below the overmold as much). They are also grippy and have a moderate, but comfortable flex. Thanks!

Last edited:
How are the Firm Electrons looking/feeling/flying, as compared to Electron [med] and soft, and premiums?

I have two Electrons [med] and they feel noticeably shallower than my premiums. Also, the 'bead' isn't as prominent (the plate mold doesn't protrude out below the overmold as much). They are also grippy and have a moderate, but comfortable flex. Thanks!

Just picked one up and threw it today. It is noticeably slicker compared to either the medium or the soft. It as around 40 degrees out so not super cold but not warm. This might have to be my summer Envy putter. As for the different wing, yeah I have noticed the same thing. I am not sure of Electron just cools differently or if they had to re-tool the mold just for Electron. Put one side by side with any other plastics and you will notice a more rounded edge and less of that sharper angle towards the bead. It is much closer to the Atom. Still an Envy though in flight.

I just got a neutron envy and it has that nice straight to small fade flight. If I want an envy that will go straight without fade and eventually drift right (RHBH), should I get an electron? Medium or Firm? What are y'all liking for drives off the tee?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

A lighter weight Plasma Envy should be a little straighter off the shelf. An electron will get there pretty fast but thats the problem. It wont stay in that sweet spot very long, especially if your are throwing anywhere near trees. If you want a true straight flight get a proxy while your envy seasons into that spot.

I will second Brutalbrutus. Get a Plasma for the straight to minimal fade and watch it season into a Proxy that holds that flight for years.

I had posted earlier about looking for the mid compliment to an Envy and found an interesting option in my stack of discs that I rarely throw (and have forgotten about). The Discmania Gremlin! I was playing around with it the other day and was blown away by how similar the flight was to an Envy but stretched out a little longer. Amazingly good on a low line as well. I didn't even mind the big 'ol bead on it!

I just got a neutron envy and it has that nice straight to small fade flight. If I want an envy that will go straight without fade and eventually drift right (RHBH), should I get an electron? Medium or Firm? What are y'all liking for drives off the tee?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

No just get a Proxy - if you really like the Envy the way it is, get the same plastic and weight and the Proxy will be about the same without the fade. I just did a challenge with my buddies while playing a course, there is a row of trees about 2 ft apart and a tunnel for about 400 ft. The challenge was to throw as far as you could down he pipe before fading out or hitting a tree. I threw a proxy.....DEAD....STRAIGHT the entire flight, no tree hits, no branches no luck, just DEAD STRAIGHT, LASERS aren't as straight, it was about a 120ft shot, We have a video, I'll need to share at some point.

FYI I threw it with finesse, typically a flat throw with decent power the Proxy will drift a slight bit and not fade, Overpowering or giving ANY anny and it holds, just get a Proxy ;)

Intrigued by the Plasma Envy for a 150' and in approach disc (Warlock is a lock for my putting putter). Does anyone use the Plasma Envy as solely an approach disc? If so, does it work well for this purpose?

Also, if you have also used a Nova how does the feel of the Envy compare to the Nova?

Thank you!

TripleB