• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Tempo

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
ihyjxh.jpg

Looks like the Axiom version of the Entropy. Makes me wish I was still on the test team - I've been waiting for either this or eclipse entropys since those show up better on videos!

Anyone here thrown one yet?

I'm trying (unsuccessfully thus far; apparently I need an invite) to register for a Circuit event next month. The Tempo is one of the three, and it sounds like maybe a wide release later in the year?

ihyjxh.jpg

Looks like the Axiom version of the Entropy. Makes me wish I was still on the test team - I've been waiting for either this or eclipse entropys since those show up better on videos!

Anyone here thrown one yet?

Seen some videos on it, it sounds like a shallower entropy that is maybe close to a zone or just a tick less stable. I know there were challenges with the Entropy mold that seemed to have restricted it's availability in plastics like electron so the Tempo kind of makes me wonder if this mold has been future-planned for more plastic variations like electron.

I'm trying (unsuccessfully thus far; apparently I need an invite) to register for a Circuit event next month. The Tempo is one of the three, and it sounds like maybe a wide release later in the year?

Normally you don't need an invite. They are usually posted on DiscGolfScene and you just sign up there.

If you haven't done a Circuit Challenge yet, they are really fun. You get three discs: two are in production, but might be in a new plastic; and one is a new disc about to be released. MVP gets feedback on the new disc and sometimes changes the flight numbers due to the feedback. For example, last year the new disc was the Rhythm and it was listed as 7/5/-3/1 before/during the CC. When it went into production it was listed as 7/5/-2/1.

From everything I've heard online and seen on the YouTubes, it's less stable and more shallow than the Entropy. Somewhere between the Envy and the Entropy. Yes, closer to a Zone in feel and flight, but maybe not quite as stable. Really looking forward to trying this one. No Circuit Challenges in my area yet though, and I'm too darned busy right now to figure out how to run one myself.

I'm loving the Tempo so far although I haven't really figured out where it fits in bag. I usually use a Deflector as my forehand approach discs and the Tempo is no where near that overstable but I'm trying it out in that slot at the moment. I do love it's slim hand feel. I never liked the Entropy for how deep it is so the Tempo is a nice change of pace from that. Stability wise I would say it's more overstable than a premium Envy but less stable than an Entropy.

From everything I've heard online and seen on the YouTubes, .

i say this when im referencing old ppl(im getting there, or maybe im already there).

it would always crack me up as a kid when old folks would add s's & The's to things that dont have them but then take them off when they do.

i say this when im referencing old ppl(im getting there, or maybe im already there).

it would always crack me up as a kid when old folks would add s's & The's to things that dont have them but then take them off when they do.

I say things like this to irritate my pre-teen kids now...

Wing looks higher than the Entropy I have, wonder how stable it is?

Wing looks higher than the Entropy I have, wonder how stable it is?

From everything I've heard online and seen on the YouTubes, it's less stable and more shallow than the Entropy. Somewhere between the Envy and the Entropy. Yes, closer to a Zone in feel and flight, but maybe not quite as stable. Really looking forward to trying this one. No Circuit Challenges in my area yet though, and I'm too darned busy right now to figure out how to run one myself.

Same thing I heard online.

TLDR - The Tempo is awesome, going straight in the bag.

I managed to snag an entire 2023 Circuit Challenge pack. All these discs are great, but I think the Tempo is exactly what I was looking for in a go-to approach disc. It might feel better in the hand than Zones, which is saying something. I would call it very workable overstability. It handles both forehand and backhand torque just fine.

I don't have much of a backhand, but I was getting it out to around 200, which is pretty typical for me with an approach disc.

Forehand I was able to push it out to about 250 reliably. Both backhand and forehand, it flew very straight with a reliable, pushing fade. Not dumpy like Zones can sometimes be. Not as susceptible to flipping too much as my Rat can sometimes do. I occasionally fight the Zone hanging onto my fingers on forehands giving them more anny than intended. Didn't seem to have that issue with the Tempo so far.

Loving my Tempo, I wish it already was released in neutron soft and electron. I can't wait to beat an electron one in. The narrow hand feel means that on a forehand it is extremely comfortable for me. I never could quite wrap myself around the entropy. It is more stable and longer than an Envy. When it fades is seems to still push forwards more than my Zone ever did. It is less stable than my crystal flx Zone, but not by much. It has been my overstable, get out of trouble and still get it near the basket, forehand disc since it landed in the bag. Seems to really cut the wind well. Unfortunately the way I'm gushing here, probably means I'll buy one of every plastic that Axiom makes this thing in...

I've had my tempo a little while. It is a lot like a faster envy. Up short it doesn't seem too different for putting, mid distance it was less stable then I expected (more than an envy but not too much) with a little turn and quick fade and drop. It doesn't seem to be hugely more stable than an envy yet more reliable to resist turn and come back. It loves something near a flat throw. When you start going for a full distance throw it shows it's stable but still glides a lot.

A little OS but not unwieldy kinda like a star gator with the smooth rim, you can beef it pretty straight with a little anhyzer and it doesn't pan much. If you flip it up it pans like crazy. If you throw it straight it goes fairly straight with a little stable wander and drops rather than pan out. Point is its a very nice step up from the envy and less beefy than an Entropy. Throws similar to both, feels envy familiar but not as much as an Entropy.

FH it seems real workable like a good "touch" haha FH disc for a moderate arm, but my elbow is still killing me so not firm Intel. 😅

It's what the tensor should have been, reliable. If you are looking for the "most stable envy" maybe try one of these.

Last edited:
I picked one up in a trade and am very excited to audition it. I hate to say it but I have lost faith in the Envy. For years it was my go to straight laser with baby fade but it seems harder to find that dependable flight now. I'm thinking the Tempo will season perfectly into that slot!

Anyone finding overlap with the Reactor? Specifically eclipse?

I picked one up in a trade and am very excited to audition it. I hate to say it but I have lost faith in the Envy. For years it was my go to straight laser with baby fade but it seems harder to find that dependable flight now. I'm thinking the Tempo will season perfectly into that slot!

Anyone finding overlap with the Reactor? Specifically eclipse?
I don't find any overlap but I don't bag my Reactors often. I could see a 174 tempo being a lot like a 165 reactor (which I don't own).. my beefy eclipse is too beefy and the 155 is pretty much a hex. I got a lot more pan and skip with the reactor.

Let me know how the tempo turns out for your arm.

You did try a new envy right? Not that same one you've been beating on for a decade? Haha

I don't find any overlap but I don't bag my Reactors often. I could see a 174 tempo being a lot like a 165 reactor (which I don't own).. my beefy eclipse is too beefy and the 155 is pretty much a hex. I got a lot more pan and skip with the reactor.

Let me know how the tempo turns out for your arm.

You did try a new envy right? Not that same one you've been beating on for a decade? Haha
Ha! Not the same one but one of many that I've been beating on for a looong time! I have actually picked up a couple of freshies in Neutron but haven't found them to be doing it for me quite the same way. The best of the bunch is a 165g lab 2nd but maybe my relationship with the Envy is starting to get a little stale after all these years. My eye has certainly started to wander.....

I've got a day on Pender coming up (Nov. 4) with a couple of buds to celebrate our new Grandmasters status. I'll hit ya up closer to the date!

Any word on when the Tempo might be released? I would like to try one, but not for $50.

Seems like the lag time between when a disc is announced and when you can buy one for a reasonable price is measured in years.

I'm still hoping to try the Cypher too... If it ever becomes reality

FH it seems real workable like a good "touch" haha FH disc for a moderate arm, but my elbow is still killing me so not firm Intel. 😅

Outstanding for FH approach. I use my Tempo in that capacity 90% of the time, unless I really need the disc to sit down hard, in which case I use a Putter Line Zone.

The two have hit roughly equal numbers of trees and roughly equal amount of force over the course of the 2023 season. The Zone is definitely getting more US. The Tempo is basically the same flight as day 1.

Latest posts