• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Virus

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
I was just checking the approved disc list and noticed that the virus is a millimeter wider than the other three. Also has a max weight of 176. I just thought that was interesting and since there hadn't yet been a thread made for this disc, I figured it was time.

I just realized that the Virus is on the more understable end of the Insanity in the teaser video.

:eek:

:thmbup:

Could be between the Impulse and Inertia. Actually, I'd rather have it MOAR understable then the Impulse.

I wouldn't mind a straight flippy roller disc at all. There isnt one for rollers on the MVP lineup. Few work but dont really turnover into the ground from a hyzer.

Anyone heard anything about this? It's a driver and it's the Facebook giveaway this week, besides that, never heard of it.... Flight numbers??

The Facebook post calls it a longer Inspire. The Insanity is already a longer Inspire for me. The Virus is supposed to be less stable than the Insanity, so we'll see.

Zam posted on Facebook that it follows the "worn in" MVP driver model, so it is a worn in Impulse. Gonna be fliptastic.

some stiffer plastic options is a good point, those new fireballs are GUMMY......not what I want in a roller disc

Yeah, exactly. Not that I don't like the gummier N. The Wrath I got is like that. It's a bit too soft for my taste once it's hot like it is here already, but cooler times of the year, I expect it'll get a lot of shots.

Very interested in hearing about and/or seeing the virus. I am looking to work on some BH rollers and am hoping this will be a nice "flippy", out of the box roller...

I gave the Virus a more thorough workout today, and it's starting to grow on me already. I find it to be much like the Plasma Amp for my arm, but it's a little easier to get D from, but the downside is that it has a little more fade at the end. I came REALLY close to hitting chains on a 285 foot hole with it today, and nearly did it again with a Cubby attempt on another similar hole. It really is just dead straight for most of the flight. If I purposely torque it over, it gets a nice sweeping turn, and fairly healthy fade at the end, much like the Insanity and Inertia.

I still wish it was more US out of the box, because I love the hyzer flip, and this does not flip if I try. I have to throw it flat, or with just a touch of hyzer. As it seasons, I'd like it to get to the point where I can put it on a steeper hyzer and have it flip and ride flat, or even get beat enough to turn from that point. Out of the box, it's just too stable for those kinds of throws, and my distance.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with its performance after taking the Virus to the course. (That just sounds weird. I have to be honest and say I'm not a fan of the name at all)

Now I just need to beat it in to get to the sweet spot.

This disc is pretty much what I wanted. Rolls easily (so do the lighter waves :D :D :D) but really not a flippy disc at all. I was getting some great HUGE 375' glidey hyzers in a 25mph right to left crosswind and in the tailwind long turning anhyzers which panned out flat not really fading back at all. Being these were 175g as well as brand new I can see after a few rounds with these they will be nice and understable.

I have the virus.