• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Virus

yep, of course thats right.
i just feel the gap between a too slight and too exaggerated hyzer quiet narrow. but i really enjoy learning it.

Yeah its faster so does like a good rip. Much more forgiving vs the inertia being understable but i hear you. With the relay in my bag not sure what will happen with the virus.

Welp relay and virus are working great together. Ive been using the virus as more of a finesse distance driver or US control/roller while relay just gets mad fairway or low line mid like shots.

Two great molds i have been throwing reslly well lately. The relay has become one of my favorite MVP discs over the past year but not stolen any love for the virus which i thought it might. The added speed nof virus is nice and responds great to lower power slight hyzer flips. Crazy straight and long!

Just got a 174 P Virus tonight. I've been a big Amp fan since they came out, but since I use them as fairway drivers they fly stable until quite beat. I was basically hoping for a seasoned Amp out of the box. There was some flashing that I had to remove with a towel because US discs can be unnaturally HSS with even a little ridge at the bottom. My initial impression is that it flies like a faster/longer newish Polaris LS. Compared to the Amp it seems faster and has a little less glide. It also tended to "click" into it's flight phases more deliberately, where the Amp has smoother transitions and a curvier flight. Definitely interesting and fun to throw and I will be adding more once I've tested it more.

This disc has been handling my hyzer flip fairway driver needs like a champ. The speed, glide, and overall desire to go straight is very remniscent of my newer P-PDs and beaten S-PDs. I've completely de-flashed the bottom and now with a couple of hard tree hits the Virus has given up that little extra stability it had out of the box. So far it seems perfect to round out my fairway molds (Virus/Amp/Volt/Fireball).

Bought a mucus yellow Virus before my local shop closed. Holy crap, this thing is butter smooth! It's like a slightly shorter version of my light Star Terns which are a bear to track down when I lose one. I might end up subbing the Virus into the Tern slot and see how it goes.

Thought I'd pop in and give this thread a short read haha and a bump.

Got a 170 proton virus in the gyropalooza box... initial impressions are impressive. I'm liking the straight flight with the heavier weight (compared to my usual 155-165 discs. Further testing required on a few tunnel holes I've been dreaming about throwing but haven't yet.

Just wondering if it will be another underrated treasure or a flash in the bag

I have one in Neutron plastic and I believe 167-168g weight range. I love the feel of the disc, but it rotates in and out of my bag, find myself throwing other discs instead.

I bought my first Virus earlier this year and I've been loving it. It's a 173g Neutron. I needed something that was less stable than my Inertia and it fit that slot immediately but isn't so understable that it is hard to control. It's amazing for hyzer flip shots and typically finishes pretty straight or just slightly right. It's kind of like my seasoned Star Sidewinder but that disc took years to become understable. I definitely think everyone could find a use for a Virus in their bag and it's a great driver for lower power players.