• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

I found a slightly used sparkle proton Wrath and yeah, seasoned Tesla/longer, stable Crave seems pretty accurate.

I've been leaning on the Wrath all summer as my primary overstable driver, using flat Ns and Ps. About a month ago I picked up a pair in the newer gummier Proton that have mild domes as opposed to all my others that are flat-bordering-on-concave.

These fly really special. Almost like a Tee-Wrath, they are dead straight and glidey with a late forward fade. They hold an anny without a lot of convincing and still flex out like champs. All in all this is the control driver I had been missing. Right now I'm pairing it with my flat and overstable gummy N.

for me the wrath is overstable not meat hook but overstable. i also throw them around 160 in weight. picked up one of the prism and love it it fits right between my wrath and Inertia. I know alot of people are just using them as wall hangers but I love to throw mine.

Would this be a good replacement for my s-line PD? Been wanting more GYRO in the bag and PD is the only one that is I'm willing to take off. If not the Wrath, what is the closest GYRO-disc to s-line PD?

Would this be a good replacement for my s-line PD? Been wanting more GYRO in the bag and PD is the only one that is I'm willing to take off. If not the Wrath, what is the closest GYRO-disc to s-line PD?

Never thrown a PD but the Wrath is fairly similar to a Thunderbird. 9-10 speed, had some glide but not what I would call a glidey disc overall.

I've owned two, the first was an FR and was when they were experimenting with the gummy neutron. Not sure if that was the reason it flew like it did but my experience doesn't jive with the numbers given to it by Axiom. It had zero turn unless I shanked it. I could just mash on it flat and it would go dead straight with a mild fade. Loved that disc.

After I eventually lost it, I got another that was more on the stiffer side but still had a slight give to the flight plate. It was more like the numbers of a -.5 2 and I didn't like it as much since I couldn't get it to fly the same line as the original. Eventually gave it away and never could get my hands on another of the gummy version, so I quit throwing it.

I used to throw PDs as my main drivers. One of the best things about them was the variety of runs and plastic types because I could get a variety of flights out of one mold.

The Wrath is like a flat PD with a fairly high PLH. In other words, not a good PD....I have a couple domey Wraths in gummy Proton that are nice exceptions, but they are rare and OOP already. So perhaps a Wrath can slot in for an overstable PD in a pinch, but it still doesn't have the nice glidey TBesque fade.

Overall the Volt can do more of what I used my PDs for. A good high PLH Volt has the straight flight and gliding fade of a true workhorse driver. It will hold a turn out of the hand and pull out of it consistently. It's harder to find an overstable Volt, but overstable is easy to find elsewhere.

I've been throwing 167-171g S-line PDs for a bit and have very recently started auditioning a 174g proton tesla for that spot, jury still out as i haven't had enough time to learn if it can dependably give me HSS straight to forward fade. I think i'll need to try some other plastics/weights. If a cosmic neutron run of Tesla's comes out that could be interesting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just ordered a Prism Wrath. How do they fly? Do they have less HSS with good fade?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have one 160g Prism Wrath. Only threw it a couple of times. It flies like a very beat in Insanity.

So it flies more like an insanity than my new run Plasma Insanity?

Maybe it'll be just a wall hanger

I think the reason for the lightweight (and US) Pr Wraths is that the Prism plastic isn't as dense as the normal overmold plastic.

For the Prism Wraths they left the flight plate alone and that's why they max out at 160/161. For the Prism insanities they beefed up the flight plate to get them up to normal weight, but in doing so they negated the gyro effect (there's actually less weight proportionally in the rim on those vs a non-overmolded disc). Still fly nice though.

Ultimately the Prism really only worked out for narrower rimmed molds like the Pyro.

BTW I'm basing this on personal experience with a Pr Insanity, and some google searching will lead you to a site where a guy cut up a bunch of discs.

You can tell for yourself... hold a disc by its rim at 3 and 9 o'clock and then tilt it back and forth forward and backwards. You'll find that MVP discs will have more momentum than single molds due to added weight in the rim.

So the Wrath was finally restocked after like 2 years. It's been my main driver. I did a little field work with a new one today just to compare to the older runs. I was getting about the same distance but just a little more left finish, which is to be expected, since my old Wrath is 5 years old and pretty beat up.

I'm extremely happy. I was worried the Wrath would be dramatically different, like a lot of other retooled molds have been, but it's still pretty spot on to the numbers. The Wrath has been one of those discs that just fits in my hand so well too. It's extremely comfortable, like it was made for my hands to grip.

That is all. Carry on.

So the Wrath was finally restocked after like 2 years. It's been my main driver. I did a little field work with a new one today just to compare to the older runs. I was getting about the same distance but just a little more left finish, which is to be expected, since my old Wrath is 5 years old and pretty beat up.

I'm extremely happy. I was worried the Wrath would be dramatically different, like a lot of other retooled molds have been, but it's still pretty spot on to the numbers. The Wrath has been one of those discs that just fits in my hand so well too. It's extremely comfortable, like it was made for my hands to grip.

That is all. Carry on.

That's encouraging. Mine didn't arrive before we stepped away for the weekend, but I'm very much hoping for by the numbers.

I am new to the wrath, haven't had a chance to field test but what do they fly like? Is it a slightly straighter Thunderbird?

I am new to the wrath, haven't had a chance to field test but what do they fly like? Is it a slightly straighter Thunderbird?

Depends on what you think a thunderbird flies like. But, from what I understand, yes, it's a slightly straighter average thunderbird.

I send mine up to about 330'. At that distance, it's basically dead straight with a mild fade. Not much lateral movement. It's a great disc. I could only throw wraths and insanities off the tee and have a great day.

I've never thrown a Thunderbird, but if it's basically a 9 speed TeeBird, then yes, the Wrath is a slightly straighter Thunderbird. I'd say the flight numbers are pretty spot on for this one at 9/4.5/-0.5/2.

Dunno because I'm new as well. But the Insanity goes right, the Fireball goes left and I'm hoping this'll split the difference.

The charm of having become brand aware mid-pandemic.

Yeah, the Wrath pretty well splits the difference. Thrown flat, it'll end up a little left but the flight is pretty straight.

For the record, when the Wrath and Insanity were released, back in 2014/15 I think, I bought one of each to test, and I was amazed then at the distance I got out of my Wrath compared to the Insanity. My experience up to that point was my understable discs always got more distance, but my overstable had more control, but the Wrath really matched the Insanity shot for shot for the most part, and its consistency kept it in my bag, where the Insanity was dropped.

My 172 Neutron Wrath is flat, much like my 175 flat Neutron Crave ('19/20 run), it just goes 25ft further. Have never related to it as having good distance, which is also how I relate to the similar feel/flight of the H3V2 (700, also flat).

It was out of the bag until I lost my Crave, and I've probably made better shots since with the Wrath. Its not as long as my Teslas, or my Insanities, or my Lots.

I have other Craves, but what made the neutron I lost and the Wrath somewhat special is that they require very little lateral space to operate. You can through them hard with slight hyzer and depend on subtle drift and subtle fade, basically lasers.

Most similar disc in my bag is most beat in of my proton Tesla cycle. I prefer the way that feels and it's better in the wind, but the Wrath is neon yellow so I bag either depending on time of year.

Latest posts