• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

So, is the Wrath more OS compared to the Tesla? I'd like something in between the Tesla and Inertia. And going by the description, the Wrath is it, but from reading in this thread it seems to be in between the Motion and Tesla.

I have a 175 Inertia and 174 Tesla. Read here in forums also that Wrath and Tesla are quite similar so I thought I'd get a lighter (162) Wrath to fit in-between the two. After a couple of rounds I feel it fills the role pretty well. Has a small amount of turn if I crank on it hard, but overall very straight-stable. Definitely not more OS than my Tesla. If anything I would like my wrath to weigh a few grams more. In 165-169 range perhaps.

Personally I just prefer the Teslas I have. I'm finding the max wt. Wrath I picked up to be kinda meh.

A few field sessions @ 75 degrees +, the soft N is just a bit too soft for my taste, too, I'm finding. Same with the N Insanity I have. Both are softer than Plasma Volt. Not my cup of tea for drivers in a dirty South summer (but would clearly be awesome in < 50 degree weather.)

yeah I was glad to hear they are firming up the fireball plastic a little. Even in the MN winter old neutron was just fine, but not perfect. Its really noticeable on rollers with the softer N insanities and I don't like that at all. My protons are sparkles but seem to be a little firmer.

yeah I was glad to hear they are firming up the fireball plastic a little. Even in the MN winter old neutron was just fine, but not perfect. Its really noticeable on rollers with the softer N insanities and I don't like that at all. My protons are sparkles but seem to be a little firmer.

Yeah, I grabbed one each of the Insanitys, and the P is a bit firmer.

My N Wrath and P Insanity are identical as far as I can tell in softness, but I didn't hey a sparkle P Insanity. I also can't tell a difference from my soft N Envy.

That said, the soft plastic of the Wrath and Insanity have not bothered me at all like I thought they would. I hate the soft N of my Envy for putting because of how I grip my putters, but it doesn't affect my grip on a driver.

Personally I just prefer the Teslas I have. I'm finding the max wt. Wrath I picked up to be kinda meh.

A few field sessions @ 75 degrees +, the soft N is just a bit too soft for my taste, too, I'm finding. Same with the N Insanity I have. Both are softer than Plasma Volt. Not my cup of tea for drivers in a dirty South summer (but would clearly be awesome in < 50 degree weather.)

Sounds like we need to do some trading! :D

Giving away a Wrath thanks to the dudes at Axiom. Cruise on over to the site and check out how to win it:

Axiom Discs Wrath: A happy medium

All in all, I find the Wrath to be easier to throw than the Tesla, which makes sense given its profile. It' definitely fun for utility shots, too.

Same here. The very first day I threw them, they felt pretty beefy. But after throwing my blue one for a few weeks I'm really getting a feel for it. Check out my shot on #16 with it :)

Also had some long anny shots on #1 and #13.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Wrath in Proton. I've just gelled with Proton much more than the flexier Neutron that this mold was released in, so I don't feel like I've gotten the best look at what this mold can do for me. Once the Insanity was released in Proton, it went right in the bag and has been my longest driver, so hoping to get a little more D from the "worn Tesla" Wrath when compared to a Tesla. Although, the Fission Photon might just trump them both!

Why Twitter?

I like to switch it up. Sometimes it's Facebook, sometimes Instagram, other times Twitter. I'll eventually do one on Reddit once I can figure out the best way to make a giveaway happen over there.

I'm a huge fan of Twitter for personal use (mostly football and other news), and I'd like to see more disc golf stuff on there, so I'm doing my part. Always good to be on multiple platforms.

My neighbor's pitbull got a hold of my Wrath and now it flies better than ever. Thanks, Xena!

Anyone looking to beat some glide into their MVP discs, I've found the fastest way

My neighbor's pitbull got a hold of my Wrath and now it flies better than ever. . .

If you were playing disc golf with the pitbull, would that count as "wear from usage during play"? :p

Edit: I will be very interested to see how the Wrath seasons over time, but I will probably use more conventional (but slower) seasoning methods.

I threw a sparkle Proton Wrath today and it felt just a touch for workable than the Neutrons did when they were new. Seems to glide just a bit longer before fading.

The more I throw my Wrath, the more I love it. I'm surprised there isn't more praise being heaped on it. Most of my best drives were with the Wrath on Monday, both straightest and longest. Is it that it's so similar to the Tesla and everyone's already been there done that? I never threw the Tesla so that might be it, but this is an amazing disc.

Had some more field work time with my Proton Wrath. IMO this is the longer Volt everyone has been wanting. The Neutrons were a bit more OS than I expected, but the Proton is exactly what I thought the Wrath would be.

I liked the wrath but just didn't have a need for it in my bag. Decided to sell the last few I had around but my most beat one 6-7/10 definitely was flying like you mention re: volt.

I love my 164g Wrath. It flies very similar to my 166g fission volt. I can see why it doesn't get much love, seeing as it flies a lot like the very popular volt.

I find myself reaching for the Wrath more than the Volt though, I feel a bit more comfortable on tight or low ceiling shots with the Wrath.

And I'm growing fond of the sweet color schemes Axiom has to offer.

Man I wish I had better form. This disc just looks so nice flying through the air when it is thrown properly, it really deserves better than me... This is the 10(and a half) speed volt that everybody wants, maybe with just a touch more bite late in the flight....

*waits for the spitballs from the peanut gallery*
Hey mike you must have been riding your bike over a mountain or something....:p

Latest posts