• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand Critique

Joemic

Par Member
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted a video for critique. I've been working on my form a lot and my distance has improved quite a bit. I'm getting my PD's out to about 350'-375' consistently (maybe a little more, never truly measured, just going by hole lengths). I have a D3 (don't use many high speed distance drivers, but I got the D3 at a tourney and it's nice for an open field) and I can get it out to around 390'ish.

Anyway, I've been fairly happy with my distance. I play mostly wooded courses, so my distance is plenty for most holes. What I really want to work on is hitting my lines more consistently. I have a feeling some of my inaccuracy boils down to not committing to my lines...so I let the disc slip out rather than really gripping down all the time. I'd like to see what anyone has to say about my form, though! There's always room for improvement.

Thanks! All I've got is this short slow-motion video, but I hope it's enough to analyze a bit.

http://vimeo.com/108844982

Same advice, your rear foot is way too backward to load your hip and stride forward.

Thanks, SW. I was watching the video and thought it looked much better as far as the whole motion goes, but i hadn't noticed the back foot still being an issue. I can see what you're saying, how the back foot is pointing almost in the exact opposite direction. Gotta work on that! Picturing it in my head, I can't imagine something so small making such a difference, but I'm excited to see if it does.

The video series you put out is definitely helpful. Thanks for posting! One thing I was really conscious of this summer was fixing the backswing timing with my arm and my legs...now need to focus on that back foot!

Latest posts