• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad Lie Pics

vonDrehle

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Post your bad lies you have shots of. Or just talk about them if you wish, pics are better though :D.

This was today on hole #4 out at Zebulon. I didn't see them at first and as I was lining up my putt I felt something crawling on my leg. I looked down and my foot and disc were covered in ants. Needless to say I did a good bit of kicking and dancing to get them off. Ended up taking the putt about about where I took the second picture.

207847_10150154411420846_510630845_7087951_6354714_n.jpg

Here is the disc in relation to the basket. So if you go out to Zeb odds are you might land on these things.

218163_10150154492745846_510630845_7088715_7389232_n.jpg

(I looked and only found a thread from 2009 with no pics so it not needed be bumped :p)

Penalty stroke.

Fun thread, though!

I see how it is making me go to the rule book :D.

803.05 B

B. Casual Obstacles to a Stance: A player may obtain relief only from the following obstacles that are in the stance or run-up area: casual water, loose leaves or debris, broken branches no longer connected to a tree, motor vehicles, harmful insects or animals, players' equipment, people, or any item or area specifically designated by the director before the round. The player must first attempt to remove the obstacle. If it is impractical to move the obstacle, the player's lie may be relocated to the nearest lie which is no closer to the hole, is on the line of play, and is not more than five meters from the original lie, as agreed to by a majority of the group or an official (unless greater casual relief is announced by the director).

picture.php

^^^I don't want to talk about it. :|

picture.php

^^^Seemed somehow fitting because of how I was throwing that day.

picture.php

^^^ Oh goodie, I get to straddle rusty barbed wire. :(

picture.php

^^^This one would be less embarrassing if that wasn't my putter. :| :| :( :(

lol, just please tell us that you weren't using your putter... on a putt :D.

picture.php

This is a beautiful horrible lie.

So scenic. Soooo OB. :thmbup: :doh:

lol, just please tell us that you weren't using your putter... on a putt :D.

Yesh. Hmmm. :eek: :eek:

In my defense, I had only been playing for a couple of months at that point, it was very windy, and that was a 168g Dx Aviar. :\

Jukeshoe: <---Tries to hide shame but fails. :D

I need to start getting these, When i first started playing mine would land sticking in the ground a lot as I threw a lot of tommys

sidewinder just landed like that after maybe 175 feet.

Attachments

• p_00222.jpg
    p_00222.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 719
also wish i had pics of two shots i had yesterday... one landed and stayed on a narrow bridge with high railings, very unlikely. then later in the round i landed the disc, off the the ground, cradled in the center of a 5 tree cluster. dude we paired with goes "who is this kid? landing it on the bridge, between 5 trees." it was funny at the time.

picture.php

^discpicable stuck in a tree at France Park

Oh man,I'm going to probably have some fun ones for you guys,my group tends to throw shots that just aren't wise choices :) i'll start documenting for this thread.

Also should add I got my 2nd eagle ever today :)!