• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag frustration...

Seems simple to me. Quit screwing around with the fledgling companies who have nothing to ship and buy a bag from an established company with inventory. Do I need to list them?

How can they build capital to have mountains of bags in stock when it's frowned upon by the general disc golf community to turn a profit? :confused:

Seems simple to me. Quit screwing around with the fledgling companies who have nothing to ship and buy a bag from an established company with inventory. Do I need to list them?
yes. please include prices and any discount codes you know of. also can you check around the DG stores and see if they have better pricing. sure would appreciate it.
How can they build capital to have mountains of bags in stock when it's frowned upon by the general disc golf community to turn a profit? :confused:
this one has always baffled me.

I just picked up a Big Hyzer 8 frame and its amazing. Built in seat and plent of room for everything. I fit 25 discs in it but I usually only carry about 18-20 for practice/casual rounds and with my DGA gel straps it's really comfortable. Plus a built in seat that folds up into the bag it's a solid solid bag for $150.

I've seen a couple on the course with the Ranger bags and they look cheap to me, which is surprising because I've always thought very highly of Ogio. For that money, I think you can get something much better, but everyone has their own style/needs.

I just picked up a used Prodiscus bag for $200. It is in new condition. Just tried it out on the weekend and very satisfied. Before this I was using my Mahal. Not sure which one will be the go to tourny bag. The Prodiscus has so many pockets. Ithink it may have more storage than the Mahal does. But that Mahal is so comfy

Both the Prodiscus and thge Mahal are far superior to the Grip bags in quality of materials, construction, durability, storage and comfort. I am not impressed with Grip.

Grip was also in the fore front of pre-order debacles.

Either an ergo, PF challenger or a DD ranger. Preferably a ranger they look reallyyyy sweet but none of these are in stock. I'm just saying it sucks to have to order a bag when it's good for the company and not you, the consumer. I don't always have $200 for a new bag and it would be nice that when I do have the money I can buy what I want.

PM'd you about my unused DD Ranger from Am Worlds... gonna let it go.

Didn't want to post this on any particular backpack bag thread because I didn't want to appear like I was picking on anybody. Just watched the video clip on the Millenium-HyzerBomb Flak III- looks like a solid design with lots of storage. If my Cabella's XPG wears out or I come into lotsa money, I might look into one of these.

Call me a cheap _____, but I have a hard time swallowing the $200+ price tag of quality DG backpacks. I'm not knocking anybody or their product, I just wish the volume was there to allow these guys to get better economies of scale and lower their variable costs. Furthermore, if any of them generated significant volume, they'd be able to negotiate better pricing on materials (and possibly labor, since higher volumes allows you to optimize operations) which would lower fixed costs.

While it's nice that there are so many different back pack bags available now (choice is a good thing), it only serves to slice the demand up into smaller chunks, thereby making it harder for manufacturers to realize the volumes necessary to reduce their cost structure.

When you consider what specialized backpacks for different outdoor activities (hunting, fishing, etc) go for at places like REI, Bass Pro Shops, there are some pretty specialized products for $150 or less.

Obviously there are enough people buying DG bags that these endeavors remain profitable, and many players consider it money well spent. But until the price point comes down at least $50-$70, I can definitely see a good number of players continuing to go the DIY route.

Just stating my opinion. Nothing's gonna change and I don't expect anyone to do anything.

Latest posts