• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Suggestions, Needs?

BrownTown

I started playing in 98 and played pretty heavy for about 3 years. Then life happened and I might have played 10 times from 2002-2010. I need some help putting a bag together that will cover most conditions. I play 50/50 right handed backhand and sidearm. I am not a distant driver, maybe around 260-280s but I do really, really well at mid range and putting. I have started watching YouTube videos on correct form and pro tips and I am gonna improve my tee off distance this year.

Here is my current bag

Drivers:
Valkyrie 170/DX
TeeBird 171/Pro (my sidearm choice driver)
Cheetah 175/Pro

Mids:
Roc 175/Pro (I can throw this really accurate side & straight)
Shark 175/DX (never cared for it, I control the roc better)
XD 173/DX

P&A
Aviar p&a 173/DX
Thumtrac Birdie 171/DX
Omega SS 175

Would I benefit from adding anything? I probably need to just play more with what I got in all honesty but more plastic never hurts!

Also, whats the deal with the Star plastic. I just noticed it. Star wasn't around last time I bought plastic. My DX's chip like crazy but my Pro's last a good while. I won't be buying DX anymore. Is it worth it to pay for the star or Champ over the Pro or just market hype??

I would switch out the Valk for a Banshee or something similar overstable speed 7ish.

Star is highly durable, breaks in faster than champion but stays broken in but not too much.

Welcome back to the sport.

depends on when you purchased your pro plastic. If those are KC pro 10-11 times world champion. You should sell those for $$$ and replace them with Star or Champion as they are probably worth 2-3 times more than star or champion and you could get backups.

your bag is fine. learn to throw the tbird, roc, one of the putters. and you will be fine.

I would not mess with three different putters pick one and get identical replacement, then practice a lot. drivers just get rid of the dx, I dont notice any real flight differences between champ and star just grip my preference is star.

^^^ what he said on putters.

Im not a fan of star, every mold I get in star does not fly as well as champ does for me. Personal preference impairing my mind.

I would drop the Valk and pick up something along the lines of a leopard or an understable mid. Will help you work out the form issues you might have.

Latest posts