• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag tag price in your area

texhop58

Eagle Member
I'm looking at doing bag tags to help raise funds for a course. We have hole 14 almost paid for and this would help put us at hole 15 if we could sell them. I had mentioned selling them for 20 dollars with no special conditions. We are trying to get some local business to give players a discount at their restaurants. Some feel that is to high, but I know many in dfw are 25 to 30
My question is what does your club charge for them and is their any "perks" like discount at places, only tag members can hit ace pot, tag/club championship, etc.

Also if you set the price for bag tags why did you choose that price?

Around here tags are between $10 - $25. No special conditions or discounts, just a year of fun competition and fundraising for courses.

$5 at my local course. Not sure where the money goes for them other than the cost of producing them.

$10 with nothing special. But if you explain to people that 100% of the profits are going towards course improvements then people will understand.

Around here, it seems as if the course specific ones are $20 where the money goes to the specific course. Their are bag tag groups that are independent of the courses and the one that I am part of is $5 to join(not yearly price).

How about getting a local disc retailer involved.

Bag Tag and Any Free Disc in store- $25
Reimburse store $8 per
Tag cost $3

Profit- $14

$20.00 buy in, came with dri-fit Club shirt, mini and Bag Tag.

$25.00 buy in, came with dri-fit Club shirt, towel, sticker and Bag Tag.

Both include a season ending tourney for Tag members. The second one also includes full Ace Pot payout for tag members, non-tags get 50% of pot.

$10 for our league's brag tags.
FWIW, the $10 is completely seperate from league fees and is strictly optional, but we have a weekly CTP that's only available for those who purchased bag tags.

Last edited:
Our club charges $20 for a bag tag and a club-stamped DX disc. You can upgrade for a disc in better plastic. The tag itself, with no disc, is $15.

Our club was $20, you got a tag, two club minis and and $1 off the entry fee for Saturday doubles and the monthly tournament.

This is how the majority of the money was raised to get our local course to 18 holes and we've been able to also really improve the course a lot as well.

$20-25 with money going to buying baskets should be fine, I've paid about that in two different clubs.

I would be in for a $20 tag. Maybe "IPDG Course Sponsor 2013". Stamp a year on them to raise money each year for improvements.

I would be in for a $20 tag. Maybe "IPDG Course Sponsor 2013". Stamp a year on them to raise money each year for improvements.

Yea I would do a new one each year. I think I may have one or two restaurants on board. But since you know me, you know my goal has always been improving the course, with hope of a second course. Future tags once we pay for the last 5 baskets would probably include a custom disc. You had not started playing yet but I sold 30 custom stamp disc in April to help raised funds, and I actually paid for them out of my own pocket at the time. Atleast now we have got a small course fund established so no more dirty looks from wifey

$30

You get a tag and a custom stamped disc of your choice. This year it is Legacy discs...mostly Patriots, Rivals, putters and the Ghost.

You get into the year's end tournament with the tag as well.

We have about 150 tags out this year....pretty awesome!

$30

You get a tag and a custom stamped disc of your choice. This year it is Legacy discs...mostly Patriots, Rivals, putters and the Ghost.

You get into the year's end tournament with the tag as well.

We have about 150 tags out this year....pretty awesome!

I think it's closer to 200 now, saw a 198 tag at the last monthly.

Possible, I was pretty tired. I know they only list 132 on the paid members, but I'm not on that list as well as a few others. I'm holding the 120 so I know there are others below me :D Sweat though I saw 198, but you could be right.

$20 gets you a bag tag and the ability to play our Thursday night bag tag league. If the ace pot gets big all the lower tag numbers show up and you get a chance at a lower tag number.

Latest posts