• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Banzai

number make it sound a little slower then a tsunami i think. Kinda sounds like a Talon. My FH is looking forward to it either way.

number make it sound a little slower then a tsunami i think. Kinda sounds like a Talon. My FH is looking forward to it either way.

The flight numbers that DGA assigned it, yeah. But it has the same rim width and depth, with a lower height. The rim config doesn't have the Banzai being much blunter.

Wow the proto profile pic and the new Banzai profile pic don't look like the same disc. I originally thought something between the Tsunami and Riptide. Now this new pic with the flight numbers has me thinking it's going to be kinda like a Banshee.

The flight numbers that DGA assigned it, yeah. But it has the same rim width and depth, with a lower height. The rim config doesn't have the Banzai being much blunter.

the tech number on the pdga web site are almost exactly the same. the banzai is taller maybe. There is one number that is 1.7 for the tsunami and 1.9 for the banzai.

If this is a less stable tsunami (which is a less stable pred) I might be bagging a DGA fairway set up.

-Hellfire
-Bansai
-Pipeline
-Riptide

Eeeeeeeaaaaaaaasy

that not stupid OS but OS speed 9 spot seems to be a favorite between chuckers and pros alike

the tech number on the pdga web site are almost exactly the same. the banzai is taller maybe. There is one number that is 1.7 for the tsunami and 1.9 for the banzai.

Yeah, I posted them above. The Banzai is .2 cm lower.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just finished my first round with my new Banzai, and I really like it.

It's a nice pearly Proline blend with a smooth flight plate. My guess is it's a Pipeline with a microbead integrated into the rim edge to create a steeper, taller lower wing. I didn't notice the bead or have any release issues.

It flies really straight with a predictable forward fade. Easy to flick straight with a muted forward skip. Zero turn at high speed, and it gently fought out of flexes. From a hyzer, it maintains the angle with little to no flip. It doesn't hook up too fast, so it has an easy to range and control fade when powered down.

It's like a mellow Tsunami or a beefy Teebird, so like if a Tsunami and a Teebird had a baby. Very Banshee-ish.

Since the Pipeline was quick to lose high speed stability, I'm very eager to see how it seasons. My guess is it will be a much straighter, easier to control fairway driver that performs better in the wind than a Pipeline and powers down better than a Tsunami. I'll be throwing it alot over the next several rounds, and I'll be sure to report how it changes as I beat it up.

My buddy just picked up a few and said it was similar to a Thunderbird, but with a lil more turn, he said he'd rate it 8/4/-0.5/2 - disc has a micro bead - he said it wasn't the most comfortable, but not bad - overall a more stable pipeline I suppose. so that's cool, could be a workhorse control driver for a lot of ppl. ill try it out next time I see him

I got a few rounds in with this disc. It is a slightly slower thunderbird or a stable teebird/rival. I don't believe that it has a 1.9 rim. I'd rate it 8/5/0/2. Nice disc, just wish it was slightly faster and more OS. Overall solid release

I got a few rounds in with this disc. It is a slightly slower thunderbird or a stable teebird/rival. I don't believe that it has a 1.9 rim. I'd rate it 8/5/0/2. Nice disc, just wish it was slightly faster and more OS. Overall solid release

You're wishing for a Tsunami

Yup. ProLine Tsunami is more OS, Vulture is more OS and faster, and some Undertakers are more OS. Plenty of good options.

I will give this disc as a try, with time....if nothing more, just for the name.

I was interested in this disc to maybe replace my beat in Ti Ace Race Mantis. A local is moving and has his extras up for sale. I picked up 2 unthrown Ace Race Manti for replacements from him.

I am still interested in how similar they fly to Ace Race Manti.

Last edited: